Chapter 1: Marry My Son!

My Wife is A Gangster

My Wife is A Gangster

Chapter 1 : Marry My Son!

               The harsh sunlight peaked through metal shutters of the loanshark's office. There was a fan cooling the room from summer's heat. A few men sat around the office fanning themselves and cursing at the rundown building. This was the countryside branch of Lee's Credit Union, the branch where the office rarely operated, however, today was an exception. The doors creaked open revealing three figures. Two large men escorted a humble man in. The man entered, his shoulders tensed, and legs shaking.

               A younger man sat at his desk waved at his subordinates. They unhanded the humble man and exited the room.

               " Kim Sunggyu ahjusshii...do you know why you're here?" The younger man said calmly. The older man who goes by the name of Kim Sunggyu remained silent.

               "I don't like to beat around the bush Kim ahjusshi, so let's get to the point. You owe us money ...not just a little bit...but a lot of money." The taller man stood up from his chair slowly making his way to Sunggyu.

               "S..Sungyeol...I I mean Lee Sajangnim! I..I beg you...My family is going through hard times right now...please please give me an extension...." Sunggyu closed his beady eyes in fear of the worst.

               "Extension...? Tsk tsk tsk...Ahjusshi...at Lee Credit Union...our policy is very straightforward...We lend you money when you need, and you pay us when we need it..." The younger man leaned in close face to face with Sunggyu and grabbed him by the collar, " Look Ahjusshii...from the beginning we were kind enough to give you a low interest rate...now it's your turn to pay us some gratitude!...If you want nothing bad to happen to your family I advise you to pay up...even if you have to sell that little groceries store of yours, and your farm!"

               "...P..Please Lee Sajangnim...!" Sunggyu begged but was interrupted by one of Sungyeol's subordinates.

               "Lee Sajangnim!"

               "What is it!?" Sungyeol snapped his attention to the large man at the door.

               "Y..your...." The man was hesitant to say, eyeing Sunggyu he walked up close to Sungyeol's ears.

               "....I see..... " Sungyeol paused or a moment then headed out the room leaving Sunggyu in his seat.     

               Something important must have came up for Lee Sajangnim to rush out the doors leaving unfinished business behind. From the other room sounds of men shuffling footsteps and panic could be heard and an angry Sajangnim ranting at his men to straighten up the place. Through the crack from the doors Sunggyu could see the small chaos going on outside. The men lined up on two side of the entrance bowing 90 degrees at a shorter figure who had entered the office. From the looks of it the person was important in status, because even Lee Sajangnim looked nervous. The important person wore a wild print designer suit with jewel encrusted on the collar of his dress shirt. There was a wild air about his walk and elegance in his style.

               "...Umma...What are you doing here?!" Lee Sajangnim asks in discomfort. The fashionista excitedly pulled his son into a big hug, and a grab.

               "Ahhahaha I came to check on how you are doing...I know my baby don't like to be away from the city for too long." Jang Dongwoo said to his child.

               "...Umma...I've only been away for 16 hours...." Sungyeol sweat dropped.

               "Aegiii Umma missed you...and I have things I want to talk to you about!"

               "......" Sungyeol stayed silent, but deep down he already knew what his umma wanted to say already.

               "You know I worry about you...and...the family business...I know your Appa trusts you with the business, and I trust you too...but...it still doesn't ease my heart knowing you're always away on these 'business' trips. I want you to find someone who can take care of you..." Dongwoo said stoking his son's head.

               "Umma...I'm old enough now to take care of myself...and right now I just want to do my best to help Appa with the family business...I'm the only one who can do it...afterall you don't want Sungjong to get his hands mixed in the 'business' too do you? I just want to help Appa." Sungyeol tried to reassured his Umma.

               "...Aegi..I know! But your Appa is managing fine...I..I just don't want you to waste away your youth....b..be...because...w..who knows...how long I can live...to see my gra..grandchildren.." Dongwoo frowned, tears starting to build up around his eyes.

               "aa..Ahh ok ok Umma I'll find someone to seattle down with ok!? J..just don't cry." Sungyeol patted his Umma on the head. " Look...Umma how about you head to the town's hotel and wait for me...first ...I just need to finish up some minor ...very minor...business here. Ok?"

               Sungyeol's Jang Umma nodded between childish sobs in agreement. A few of Sungyeol's men escorted Dongwoo to the car, and the office returned back to its peaceful state. With a sigh and frown Sungyeol returned to his office. Quickly Sunggyu moved away from the door back to his seat facing the desk.

               "Sorry about that Mr. Kim...As I was saying..." Sungyeol said again his voice had changed back to its original intimidating state. "....We don't do extensions...it's either you pay up or we get your house, your farm, and your groceries store...And if you're noncompliant to that...I"m afraid things will be much worst for you..." Sungyeol said darkly.

               "S..Sajangmin...I...if I might be so bold...as to make a deal with you...?" Sunggyu said as he came up with a plan.

               "Go on."

               "....I couldn't help...but overheard...you..you might be looking for a potential partner!?"

               "....I don't do old men...Kim Ahjusshi...." Sungyeol said as seriously as he could.

               "..A..Ah..no no goodness no I"m married..." Sunggyu waved his hands around, "..but you see I have a Son around your age...and ..and he's also quite the looker...and smart tooo...so...I..if ...we make a deal...then perhaps all my debts can be...forgotten?...I..I don't mean to put you on the spot or anything Sajangnim...but it looks like you're dear Umma...was really hoping you'd settled down...and..find yourself...a spouse?" Sunggyu said, with a small glint in his eyes. " You see my boy...he is quite established...and like I said quite the looker."

               "...... Hm...it seems like you're selling him to me Ahjusshi...but your deal doesn't sound too bad...let me see what he looks like.... I also have my own proposal for you..."Sungyeol said with a smirk.

               Sunggyu skipped along the road to his house. The feeling of freedom never felt so sweet. Hopping up the steps of his house he smiled gratefully up at the sky.

               "Thank you! Thank you for saving us My Lord!" With one hand he turned the knob to enter his love cove.

               "Yeeeobooo I'm home!" He called out.

               A fit and shorter figure stepped out from the kitchen wearing a pink apron.

               "Your home Yeobo! H..How was the business deal" His wife said in cluelessness.

               "Business deal?..Ah..Ah yes the business deal went great the dealers..I mean sellers offered a good price...but Yeobo I have better news...I found a 'good' wife for our Myunggie!" Sunggyu said cheerfully.

               "...R.REALLY?! ...H..How? Where?...I..IS she pretty? or..or is it a he?"

               "He..He is a very capable 'business'man...f..from the city...I met him at the business deal...he's a generous man...young...and already very well established...he would be a great match for our Myungsoo." Gyu said to Woohyun.

               "Wahh..A business man...but will he be good for Myungsoo?...I was hoping ...you find someone who can takecare of him...a business man...wouldn't he be busy with work ...he won't have time to take care of our son..." Woohyun said with worry.

               "Ahh..Yeobo..don't worry kids these days...they can balance work and marriage...I'm sure it will work out....Now..all we need to do now is to arrange a meeting...for the two of them." Sunggyu said clapping his hands together.

               "Yeobo...I don't know why...as much as I am excited...I just have a gut feeling..that something...is bad..."Woohyun whined.

               "Ahhh my baby don't worry! Myunggie's new bride will be good to him. I promise you that." Gyu said pinching his wife's cheeks.

               "I'm sorry...Myungsoo...Appa failed you..." Gyu thought silently to himself.  

 

 

AN: As long as I don't have writer's block I'll try to update everyday. Hope you guys enjoyed first chapter. <3 <3 <3