Chapter 4: The Newlyweds

My Wife is A Gangster

My Wife is A Gangster : Chapter 4- Newlyweds

              

               Don Howon sat down the leather coach lamenting about the night's event. There was something familiar with the groom's father. He remember back to  his teens, back when he was just a mear street thug having a friend name Palryongie who was working the girls and boys of Seoul.

               "Yeobo, don't you think there is something familiar looking about the groom's father?" Hoya asked his wife.

               "What do you mean Yeobo?" Dongwoo asked removing his dress shoes and taking a seat next to Hoya.

               "He looks like my friend Palryongie back in the days." Hoya said in deep thought.

               "Palryongie was a pimp wasn't he? That's not possible because the groom's side does farming business, and last you heard of Palryongie they said he moved out of the country ." Dongwoo said innocently.

               "I could've sworn they have the same eyes." Hoya said still unconvinced.

               "Ummmaa, Appppa" Sungjong called out pulling both his parents into a back hug as he stood behind them.

               "What is it my little Sungjong?" Dongwoo cooed.

               "Can I visit hyung?!!!" Sungjong whined, " I miss hyung already. I just want to make sure the husband is treating hyung well!"

               "Aigooo you can't, hyung is married now Sungjongie, you need to let hyung and his new husband have their time together!" Dongwoo scolded, leaving Sungjong pouting.

               "You can visit him after they come back from honeymoon." Hoya said patting his younger son's head.

               "Yeobo! You spoil him!" Dongwoo scolded.

 

               The newlywed unload their stuff. Myungsoo was already feeling uncomfortable that a dozen of Sungyeol's men followed them home, and now they were unloading Sungyeol's belongings.

               "....Um...do they have to follow you everywhere?" Myungsoo questioned, nagging his new bride.

               "Of course, they are my trusted subordinates." Sungyeol said nonchalantly having a seat on Myungsoo's black sofa. He eyed his new home. "Yeobo, do we really have to live here, this place is the size of my office room in Gangnam."

               Myungsoo could feel a vein pop on his forehead, but choose to ignore his wife's comment. It was too late into the night to start any arguments.

               "We can rent a larger place in Gangnam, near my father's house. Also, you can work on one of the main branches in father's company, with your work records you'll do fine." Sungyeol said without considering how Myungsoo felt.

               "No, I like it here, it's cozy, and close to my work." Myungsoo said coldly and went towards the bathroom to shower without a word slamming the doors shut.

               Sungyeol look to one of his men in irritation.

               "Yah, what's wrong with him...Did I say something wrong?" Sungyeol scolded.

               "Ehh Sajangnim...You were a bit...." The man hesitated.

               "A bit what?! Just say it!" Sungyeol snapped.

               "A bit pushy...and demanding...usually men with pride like Mr. Myungsoo won't like it if their spouse try to control their life."

               "Hmph! It was just a suggestion...P..plus he didn't have to go and take it so personally...and..and slam the doors too..." Sungyeol reasoned while pouting. "Ugh....Whatever! I'm not wrong!" Sungyeol tried to convince himself.

               When Myungsoo got out from the shower he scoffed when the men were still in his apartment.

               "Do they have to be here the whole time?" Myungsoo scolded in irritation at his new bride. The two argued a little back and forth until Sungyeol gave in and dismissed his men. Myungsoo retreated to the bed silently.

               When Sungyeol got in bed he found that his husband was already in bed having his back turned away from him. He wasn't sure if Myungsoo had fallen asleep yet or not, with a huff Sungyeol pulled the blankets off from him and retreated to the living room with it and some pillows in hand. Sungyeol was brooding on the fact that Myungsoo had been nagging him all night, and even had to nerve to fall asleep first. Sitting down on the sofa in anger the older man took his anger out on the pillows.

               "Stupid Kim.Myung.Soo!" He said punching the pillow. "See if I care when you get cold in the middle of the night!?" Sungyeol huffed wrapping the blankets tightly around himself and falling asleep.

               Myungsoo actually hadn't fallen asleep. He contemplating if he had gone overboard, after all, Sungyeol is a loan shark, he'd half expect him to have those men around most of the time, and it was their first night together. Perhaps he was a bit hard on Sungyeol. Feeling the chills kicking in he got up in frustration and rubbed his hair angrily. The heaters are on in the apartment, but it was still cold, and Sungyeol took all the blankets. When Myungsoo walk to the living room to find his wife sleeping soundlessly on the black sofa. Sungyeol wrapped the blankets around himself like a cocoon. Out of curiosity Myungsoo tried to peel one of the outer layer from Sungyeol but to no avail. Swatting down beside the sofa he lean to study Sungyeol's sleeping face, his usual scowl was no longer present, and he looked even younger when he sleep. Sungyeol didn't look like a Sajangnim at all, he look rather angelic. Myungsoo poked Sungyeol's cheeks a couple of time in amusement.

               "Ahh...you're actually quite cute when you don't put on that tough Lee Sajangnim front." Myungsoo peering in closer, and giving Sungyeol a kiss on his pouty lips.

               "Myungsoo-ah" Sungyeol muttered in his sleep "...stop scolding..."

               "hm..." Myungsoo uttered a light  chuckled, and gently slide his arms under Sungyeol's neck and legs; careful to not wake his wife, Myungsoo carried him back into the bedroom. Sungyeol's head fell comfortably. Myungsoo laid him down on the soft mattress and got in the blankets next to him.

               Sungyeol woke up to a sleeping Myungsoo holding him in a bear-like hug. He leaned into Myungsoo's warmth. His husband was much warming when he's unconscious.

               *ding dong ding dong ding ding ding dong* The repetitiveness of the intruding sound aggravated Sungyeol, however, it didn't seem to affect Myungsoo. The older man got up to answer the door. He was greeted an energetic pink haired diva.

               "HYUNGIE! I MISSED YOU!" Sungjong yelled, jumping onto Sungyeol.

               "Sungjongie! You saw me yesterday!" Sungyeol said, hugging his little brother back. The younger boy didn't seem to register what his older brother said, and made his way into the house. Sungjong walked from room to room and frowning at every turn.

               "HYUNG! I'm SO sorry!" Sungjong cried sympathetically, " What this place? It's as big as our closet back at home...And...and is this even a kitchen? It looks like those hotel suite with small cooking space...HYUNG! D...did they trick you into the marriage? Why is he so poor!?"

               "....ah..Ahni..it's not like that, Myungsoo...is actually well established...he just like cozy places." Sungyeol made an excuse.

               "I...I have to tell Appa and Umma about this...this is unacceptable for the Sajangnim of Lee Credit Union..." Sungjong protested.

               "Ahnii Sungjongie...theres no need for that. Hyung is fine, besides...this new environment is interesting." Sungyeol said, patting his brother on the back.

               Sungjong made his way to the bedroom to see Myungsoo still sleeping soundlessly. His brother-in-law was dressed in a white tank, and boxer shorts, in deep sleep and unaware of the home invader.

               "Tsk tsk tsk...aiiigooo..." Sungjong winced, and shaking his head in judgment ," It's almost noon and he's not even up yet."

               "Sungjongie it's his day off! We're pretty tired after the wedding."Sungyeol said pulling his brother out of the room.

               "HYUNG! I Haven't eaten ...and I'm hungry!" Sungjong said in enthusiasm and forgetting the dissatisfaction he had for Myungsoo, "I knooow lets make breakfast...it'll be like when we were little when Umma played house with us."

               "Uh...but..." Sungyeol didn't know how to cook, since their parents had them when his Appa and Umma already made a fortune so they always had their own cook, and when Sungyeol live by himself he just eat out.

               "It'll be fun, PLUS don't you want to surprise hyung-in-law when he wakes up to a wonderfully made breakfast!? It'll be soooo romantic." Sungjong said with an evil glint in his eyes.

               "..ok.."

               The Lee brothers dug up containers, bowls, and utensils to prepare the food in.

               "Hyung hyung I read somewhere that if you put vinegar and salt in the bananas, then mash it in pancake mix with sugar, it will help it have a more savory taste."

               "Really?" Sungyeol gullibly said and put some vinegar and sugar to braise the bananas.

               "Oh hyung! I bet your husband will be so touch at your efforts and eat all the food up...aigoo it'll be so romantic." Sungjong squealed.

               Myungsoo woke up to some squeals and banging sound from the kitchen, as well as a strong burning smell. His eyes watered from the smoke. He walked out to the kitchen and almost fainted at the horror scene. There were pancake mix erupting like some mutant child hatching from the bowl. The smoke alarm was beeping, smoke was floating around the kitchen, Sungyeol was half crying and grilling the pancakes, and Sungjong was trying to put out a small flame that had caught on fire.

               Myungsoo tried to rush in to help the scene. He turned off the stove, and took the fiery bowl from Sungjong into the sink and the faucet.

               "....Sorry Yeobo..."Sungyeol almost cried.

               "...It's ok...L..Let's just order noodles..." Myungsoo said still having an internal mental breakdown. The couple was interrupted by a loud cried.

               "Waaahhh Yeolie hyung!!! It burned a hole in my shirt!" Sungjong cried and stomping his feet.