Chapter 7: Promise to Abeonim

My Wife is A Gangster

My Wife is A Gangster: Chapter 7

 

               Dongwoo greeted Myungsoo and his son with a bear hug, it was obvious that he had been crying still since the last time he talked to Sungyeol on the phone. Myungsoo look around at the Lee's mansion. The mansion was still glorious even with officers standing guard and putting yellow tape around everything. The place looked like a movie crime scene, but with no gore.

               "Aegi-ah! You must go see Appa, he specifically told me you have to go see him as soon as possilbe. There are some 'business' he need you to take care of." Dongwoo whispered into Sungyeol's ears without the officers noticing.

               The couple arrived at the station where Hoya was held. It was a large building. Officers guided them in. They walked a long hallway to an elevator going underground two levels, everything was secure with metal doors, with every three cells there was a gate with a pass code to go through the next level. Myungsoo was fascinated, and nervous by the true display of a maximum security prison. He looked over to his wife to see Sungyeol not doing too well himself, he noticed that Sungyeol had gone pale. He held onto his wife's hand, and it was cold.  

               Sungyeol gulped at each step. He was never easily intimidated by things like this, but for some reason he felt an uneasiness in his stomach. There was a strange frightful and cold feeling when he see the metal doors. He felt queasy and ready to throw up.

               "Baby, you ok?" Myungsoo whispered grabbing onto Sungyeol's hand. Sungyeol shook his head signaling that he's fine.

               The guards lead them to the last room. The metal bars disappeared and turned into metal walls with a single steel door with some bullet proof glass as a small window. They lead Myungsoo and Sungyeol in. There they finally met with Hoya. He was wearing a dark purple jumpsuit sitting legs crossed on his chair looking like a king. To the couple's surprise Hoya's cell didn't look like any other cell in the prison, it looked a more like a nice hotel.

               "Appa!" Sungyeol cried running to Hoya.

               "Abeonim!" Myungsoo said following his wife, and bowing in greeting to his father-in-law.

               "W..what's all this?" Sungyeol questioned his father .

               "Ahh..a little complimentary favor from a friend." Hoya said calmly.

               "Yo..you scared me Appa! Umma called in panic...and..said they locked all our property...and...." Sungyeol could feel his face turning hot.

               "There there! I'll explain everything." Hoya motion for them to come sit. " Yes, it's true I am arrested. Right now they are holding me until they find more solid evidence, in which, they won't" Hoya smirked. " ...But I need you to do something for me. Right now, I want you to transfer the rest of the credits from Lee Credit Union to a Swiss bank, file for bankruptcy, I don't want them to start investigating you. The properties, and investments they've got locked is a small front I put there for show. There is an unknown amount I've hidden away out of the country. Appa will give trust you with the code and access to it, but right now you absolutely cannot use it. They have people watching our move. Appa had to pull some strings to get you here. Your mother's fashion business is safe for now since it's not directly involved in anyway. Trust Appa in this."

               "Of course Appa." Sungyeol nodded obediantly.

               "I'm sorry Sungyeol, you have to live poor for now. Appa don't know for how long...but have patience." Hoya said taking Sungyeol's hand and patting it.

               "...Appa....how long are they holding you up in here?" Sungyeol cried.

               " Don't worry, they don't have enough evidence to keep me here too long." Hoya assured. "And...tell your Umma to not worry to death. He tends to over worry."

               Sungyeol nodded obediently, suddenly the queasiness came back to him, and he excused himself to the bathroom. Myungsoo was left alone in the room with Don Howon.

               "This is perfect timing, I need a word with you Myungsoo-shi." Hoya said calmly, but a bit threatening.

               "Y..Yes Abeonim." Myungsoo said feeling a bit intimidated.

               "Even though I've got the situation right now handled, there's still some things that concern me greatly...They're not going to let this slid so easily, and I'm afraid Sungyeol will get pulled into it. You know already what we do...Don't you Myungsoo-shi? Well,...I don't want Sungyeol to be in any kind of harm...so I must ask you as his husband to take care of him. I want you to take Sungyeol back to the countryside, where your parents are. Right now things are too messy for him to stay here." Hoya grabbed Myungsoo on the shoulders firmly.

               "I see...I understand." Myungsoo said.

               "Sungyeol...he's gentle...he put on a tough exterior, but deep down he is sensitive to harm...that is why I've always been tougher with him, more than Sungjong...so as his Appa I ask you to treat him with special care. I know that you haven't been married for too long, but I know a good man when I see one, I trust you Myungsoo-shi."

               "O..of course Abeonim." Myungsoo nodded firmly , " I promise you I will take care good care of Sungyeol! And never let anything hurt to him."

               " Good." Hoya said.

               Sungyeol stayed quiet in the car. Everything was a mess, and he had to quickly solve the issues at Lee Credit Union.

               "Babe...it'll be ok...I promise" Myungsoo reassured his wife, and taking Sungyeol's hand in his.

               ".....Yeobo..." Sungyeol mumbled, " I'm worried about Appa...and...my Umma...and Sungjong..."

               "There there baby, you saw it your Appa isn't doing so bad, he's a strong man...and Dongwoo Umma has Sungjong. I'm sure once things quiet down they can come back to visit us, or we can go to see them." Myungsoo said still having one hand holding Sungyeol's.

               "...Aiii..you're right...I..I don't know what's wrong with me these days?" Sungyeol sniffed wiping his tears away with his sleeve, and questioning himself.

               They reached their apartment building and heading to the elevators. Myungsoo took Sungyeol's hand and lead him. They stood there for a good 10 minute and the elevator was still not coming down.

               "Guess...it's not working today." Myungsoo said. "We'll have to take the stairs baby."

               The two made their way up half a level until Sungyeol stop midway between steps. The taller felt a sharp pain in his stomach, grabbing onto his stomach he squatted down taking a rest on the steps.

               "W..what's wrong?" Myungsoo said in concern kneeling down meet Sungyeol's eyes.

               "...M..myungie-ah...it hurts." Sungyeol cried weakly. "It hurt so much..."

               Myungsoo could see his wife's face growing paler, his hands cold, and there were beads of sweat running across his head. A little blood was staining his thighs.

               "H..hold one I'm taking you to the hospital." Myungsoo said with panic in his voice. He pulled Sungyeol in and carried him down the feet of stairs to the car.

               Myungsoo was speeding but he didn't care, Sungyeol was in pain in the passenger's seat and it was making Myungsoo more afraid than anything.

               "Hang on baby, we're almost there."

               When they reached the hospital the nurses quickly took Sungyeol in. Myungsoo paced back and forth in the waiting room until one of the nurses came out and took him in to see Sungyeol. Sungyeol was laying in bed. The doctor look over to Myungsoo who came rushing in panic.

               "Doctor! What's wrong with my wife?"

               "That was a close call Mr. Kim" The doctor said confusing Myungsoo.

               "What do you mean? I..Is he sick? I..is it c..cancer?" Myungsoo said nervously not wanting to think of the worst.

               "No..no sir...your wife is pregnant." The doctor said trying to calm the young man down.

               "...Sungyeol...is pregnant?" Myungsoo repeated, still not registering the information in his head.

               "Yes, but I advise you in the future please make sure he doesn't exert himself, stress is not good on the baby, or Sungyeol-shi. The bleeding and pain was caused by the baby's reaction to his stress. Sungyeol-shi must make sure to not physically strain himself either." The doctor in formed. " Lucky you guys came in as soon as you did."

               "...Sungyeol is pregnant?...I..I'm gonna be a father? I'm gonna be a father!" Myungsoo thought inside his head.

               The doctor took his leave, leaving Myungsoo and the sleeping Sungyeol alone. Sungyeol eyes slowly opened to see Myungsoo staring at him lovingly, color had returned to his face.

               "..Yeobo what did they say? What's wrong with me?" Sungyeol questioned.

               Myungsoo pulled him into a hug and worming one arm around Sungyeol's stomach.

               "Nothing's wrong with you"

               "Huh?"

               "You're pregnant" Myungsoo said happily. " And...you can't be stress from now on!"