Ch. 15: Of Wonderful Surprises

My Wife is A Gangster

My Wife is A Gangster Ch. 15 Of Wonderful Surprises

              

               Myungsoo placed some extra clothes, water bottles, food packages, and a blanket into his bag to prepare for the long road back to the city. Him and Sungyeol were going back to the city for one day for Sungyeol's monthly follow up. Sungyeol was six months already, and today's check up was the day they decided to also find out the gender of the baby.  He looked over at Sungyeol who was trying to tie his shoe, but the other was struggling to bend over. The brunette's body movement made Myungsoo laugh out loudly when he saw Sungyeol's torso made a cute wrinkle where his abdomen starts as the boy bend down. His protruding belly look like a squishy ball making hard to Myungsoo to control the strong urges to go and squeeze Sungyeol into a tight hug. To Myungsoo his wife looked like those cute teddy bears with a pop belly.

               "Ughh!" Sungyeol gave a last grow as he was trying to loop the laces of his shoes, but his shoe laces weren't cooperating with him, for six months Sungyeol was getting really big. His stomach look like it was at its eight month.

               Myungsoo came over to Sungyeol upon see the poor brunette's struggle, the raven haired man bent down on one knee and began to loop the laces on Sungyeol's sneakers. Myungsoo gave a light tap on Sungyeol's feet and looked up at Sungyeol from his position giving the brunette a sweet smile.

               "There! You got everything you need?" Myungsoo asks sweetly, but frown when he saw Sungyeol's lips trembling. "Baby, what's wrong?"

               "...Yeobo....you're too kind..." Sungyeol said childishly getting teary.

               "Aww, don't cry Sungyeolie...it's nothing..." Myungsoo got up pulling Sungyeol into a hug.

               Sungyeol knew it was silly to get teary from Myungsoo tying his shoes for him, but he really couldn't control his emotions well with his hormones being all messed up, but somehow it really touched him that his husband bent down to help him.

               The two said their goodbyes to Gyu abeoji and Nam eommanim before gathering their things before  heading to the car.

               "Aiigoo, drive safely son. It'll be a long trip back to the city, so make sure you keep eyes on the road, and don't drive too fast." Woohyun instructed pulling his son into a hug.

               "I know, I know Eomma I will be careful." Myungsoo said.

               "No, I'm serious, I know you're older now, but still I can't help but worry." Woohyun still didn't let go of Myungsoo, and now resort to brushing his bangs like as if the other male was still a child.

               "It's not the first time I'm driving up to the city Eomma."

               "I know, but you have to drive Sungyeol and our precious grandchild now, so I want you to be extra careful." Woohyun pressed on.

               "It will be fine Yeobo! Myungsoo's been on the road a thousand times, and it's only a day trip, they'll be back by tomorrow night." Sunggyu explained.

               "It's alright Eommanim, if Myungsoo gets tired I'll take over for him." Sungyeol piped in.

               "You will do no such thing! You're pregnant, I can't have you both being reckless!" Woohyun scolded.

               "Ahhh ahh ok, just go before it gets too late, and don't worry your mother." Gyu warned shooing the couple off the front steps.

               --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

               The long road back to the city had been refreshing for Sungyeol. It's been a long time since he actually got to travel away from the Kim's household since they moved back to Myungsoo's family home. The familiar endless green landscape of the countryside seem to leave a different impression since his last arrival, he didn't feel as desperate to leave the countryside, but the feeling of returning to big city after a long time overwhelmed him with excitement.  

               "Yeobo, it's been so long since I've been back to the big city, and I miss it so much." Sungyeol began. " I don't know when we can live there again..."

               "...."

               Sungyeol's statement left Myungsoo in silence. He really wanted to do his best to protect his family, but right now things at Lee Credit Union was still a mess, and it wasn't the right time for them to return yet. There would be more troubles if Sungyeol returned now, since the cops will put him under investigation.

               "I wonder if our baby will grow up in the countryside?" Sungyeol commented.

               "...Is...it so bad? To stay in the countryside?" Myungsoo questioned with no hard feelings.

               "...No, I guess not." Sungyeol said, " It's just...I miss the city so much, it made me think about my childhood, and  the time I had with Sungjong, Umma, and my Appa there...When Appa had days off we go to the night markets. There were live music and we'd eat street food...like normal people...surprising isn't it? I had street food before."

               Myungsoo could hear small sniffles, and from the corner of his eye he saw Sungyeol pull the back of his sleeves up and whipped his face with it. The sight made Myungsoo's heart hurt.

               "...Baby...are you ok?" Myungsoo said putting a free hand on the top of Sungyeol's head to his hair gently

               "...Mhhm I..I'm ok...Sorry I'm just so emotional with these damn hormone changes." Sungyeol argued now with a stuffy nose.

               "I promise when we get there, after we go to your doctor's check up I'll take you around the city ok? We can eat street food if you want." Myungsoo promised. ". Cheer up babe, today will be special. We're gonna find out the of the baby."

               "Alright..." Sungyeol agreed, giving Myungsoo a small smile. Sungyeol looked down and rubbed his belly,"I wonder if our baby is a boy or a girl"

               "Either one, I'll be happy because it's our baby." Myungsoo said softly while nodding and smiling at the same time. " If it looks like you, it would be so pretty. I think I'll like our baby to look like you. "

               " ...But I want our baby to look like you... Yeobo. I would love him or her so much." Sungyeol answered.

                "You'll love it more than me?" Myungsoo teased pretending to pout.

               "Yah! You can't be like that. You're supposed to be our aegi's loving and dependable Appa, not a jealous fiend." Sungyeol slapped myungsoo on the arm.

               "Alright, alright...but seriously, you can't love it more than me." Myungsoo whispered.

               "Yeobo! Our aegi will hear you! Stop it!" Sungyeol protested.

               "I didn't say it loudly, it won't!" Myungsoo aruged.

              

              

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

               The big city could be seen off in the distant along  the horizon as their car approached the mass of skyscrapers and structures. Sungyeol had fallen asleep on the way in the passenger seat. 

               "Baby wake up, we're almost there." Myungsoo call out softly at Sungyeol.

               "Hmmm." Sungyeol groan sleepily, slowly opening his eyes.

               Sungyeol was met with the view of a familiar city in which he grew up in making his excitement grow. Truly, it had been quite a while since he had return to Seoul.

               ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

               Myungsoo helped Sungyeol up the small fleet of stairs at the entrance of the Medical Clinic where they were going to see their doctor for Sungyeol's check up. For the past months since they moved to the countryside the couple had been seeing the local doctor there, but they wanted to go to the city for Sungyeol's sixth months since they wanted to make sure the gender test would be accurate, and the medical facilities are more advance in the city.

 

               Sungyeol laid on the hospital bed holding onto Myungsoo's hand tightly. It wasn't that he was scared, he had been in much worst scenarios in his mafia days to be scared of hospital visits, but rather th bruneet was feeling a little anxious to get the ultrasound done.  Myungsoo and Sungyeol had been anxious to find out their baby's gender for months. 

               Myungsoo looked down at Sungyeol giving him some mental support. The younger man kissed his spouse on the head.

               "It's alright baby. Whatever the of the baby is, I'm sure our baby will be loved by everyone." Myungsoo said with a soft smile.

               A friendly looking doctor entered the room and greeted the couple with a warm smile before setting up the equipment for the procedure.  He had his nurse pull up Sungyeol's shirt revealing his round belly. The nurse spread some cool gel onto Sungyeol's naval to prepare him for the ultrasound.

               "Oh!" Sungyeol twitched suddenly making the nurse jump in nervousness thinking that he had touched him somewhere weird. "Sorry, it's just lately the baby have been having a lot of movements..."

               The doctor began to place the sonar on Sungyeol's belly, moving it around place to place. The image on the screen came on, and sounds of heart beating loudly and movements could be heard. Both Myungsoo and Sungyeol turned their attention on the monitor. The inside of Sungyeol looked more heartwarming than ever. Myungsoo place an arm around his wife's shoulders pulling  Sungyeol in for a kiss.

               Myungsoo could feel his heart racing along nervously as he watched the monitor closely. His eyes crunched at the form of the baby came on, but there seem to be something strange about it. It looked a bit alien.

               "Um...Doctor..." Myungsoo was about to say something, but it seems that the doctor also have noticed something strange about the image.

               "Nnnh ah!" Sungyeol let out a sound.

               "Wae?" Myungsoo asked nervously.

               "Well, that's strange...Very peculiar..." The doctor mumbled to himself causing to couple to turn their attention on him. The doctor had an unreadable expression on his face. " Well...I must say congratulations! Seems like Sungyeol-shi had been carrying twins this whole time. Truly, I don't know how we missed that before. I believe the other twin was hiding behind his brother. Oh, yes and your babies are boys."

               "T...Twins?" Sungyeol's eyes grew larger upon hearing the words from the doctor.

               "Boys? Baby we're having boy twins!" Myungsoo rubbed Sungyeol's shoulders  happily. " Abeoji will be so happy to hear the news!"

               "Twins...?" Sungyeol repeated again.  Sungyeol was in a state of surprise, until Myungsoo's voice snapped him back to reality.

               "Babe, you're amazing!" Myungsoo said happily clapping like a seal.

              

                

 

 

 

AN: Long awaiting update. <3 <3 <3 I'm so sorry. 

Hope you all enjoy. Sungyeol had some bittersweet moments. 

Thank you for all the support thus far, and having so much patience in waiting for me. <3 

Readers hwaiting! Infinite hwaiting! Author hwaitings! LOL.