By The River

To love Both~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The cold wind grabbed Mir’s coat and he grabbed the edges and pulled it tighter around him. He was shivering from the cold but didn’t want to move from the bench by the river. It was completely quiet and empty. A few minutes ago a couple on bikes rode past him, but no one other than that. He appreciated that, he really felt like being alone.
“I should be thinking about it right now, shouldn’t i?” He thought to himself. “Why can’t I?”
His mind was not a mess when he thought it would be. It should be, who did he like? Would Joon do that? Did he belong with Cheondong or Joon? He should be considering it all, this was a perfect chance to clear things out. But he couldn’t bring himself to even think about those things. Instead he picked up a leaf from the ground and started cutting out a smiley face on it, only concentrating on making the leaf look pretty. He sat like that for a while, forgetting he was cold, forgetting his aching ribs, forgetting his aching heart.
“This is ridiculous!” He threw the leaf violently on the ground. As violently you can throw a leaf. It slowly fell towards the ground before the wind took a hold of it and brought it along and it landed in the river. “I can’t even throw a leaf properly” Mir groaned in frustration and stood up. But after sitting that long, in the cold and also being escaped from the hospital getting p quickly isn’t a good idea. He felt his mind getting light and stumbled. His sight was dizzy for a few seconds and he had time to think “I’m going to faint”, which for his surprise didn’t make him even slightly worried or afraid. He thought he would have hit the ground already but he hadn’t. Instead he felt warm, warm hands holding his arm and grabbing his back. Was his head leaning on something soft?
 

Joon paid the taxi driver and got out. He walked with fast steps, almost ran, closer to the river. It was empty. Not a soul in sight. When he had told the driver the address he had questioned it, asking if he was sure. “There’s nothing there you know” He told him. Joon smiled a tiny smile. “I know”
He looked around quickly, but could not see anyone. There was two ways to go, both containing as much nothingness as the other. It was a long way to search, Mir could be sitting anywhere along the river around here. Actually, what if he was wrong?’ Joon widened his eyes by the thought.
“What if I waste my time searching here and he’s somewhere else? He must be so cold, and hurting” Joon was worried but also angry. How could he run away like that in his condition? He tightened his fists and decided to go left, mostly because the wind was blowing that way and Mir probably didn’t go against the wind and the road slightly leaned upwards to the right which he unconsciously avoided.
He jogged along the river looking around. He didn’t see a single person. Until suddenly two biked rode past him. They scared him at first since he hadn’t heard them. He stopped after that, he couldn’t see anyone.. Maybe he wasn’t here after all?
Joon picked up his phone and dialed Seungho. If he hadn’t been this frustrated he would have hesitated to call him.
“Hello?” Seungho picked up. He sounded stressed too. Not a good sign.
“It’s me” Joon said while panting after running. “Any luck?”
Seungho sighed and shook his head, until he realized Joon wouldn’t see that. “No… You?”
“No, I’m by the river, but I can’t see him”
“I am so worried Joon.”
“We’ll find him. I’ll call you back”
Joon hung up and cursed quietly to himself. He asked himself weather to head back or keep on a little further. He didn’t have to think for very long.
“This is ridiculous!” He heard someone shout from further away. The wind made the sound weaker and he wasn’t sure if it was Mir or not, but at least it was a person. Maybe he or she had seen Mir past by. He started running towards the voice.
He suddenly saw the frame of someone sitting on a bench behind a bush, just about 20 m ahead of him. It was a familiar frame and he hurried his pace.
“I can’t even… Leaf…” Joon heard familiar voice say something more but wasn’t sure what, but he was sure who. Mir got up quickly from the bench, but then placed a hand on his head.
“Mir!” He shouted as he saw him stumble forward and sped up more than he thought he could. His heart was beating very fast and came up to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter