A Letter Of My Own

Anonymous Confessions

Kibum's POV

"Umma! I did it~" Taemin exclaimed as he glomped me from behind. Yes, glomped. Dang this kid acted way younger than his age...

"You wrote the letter?" I asked in excitement, I was too happy to even get annoyed at the 'umma' label. Taemin let go of my back and bounded up to face me.

"And I put it in his locker." He said happily, but behind his smile, I could tell he was nervous as hell. Deciding not to point it out, I smiled and hugged him tightly.

"Taemin ah~ I'm so proud of you~" I ruffled his hair. He chuckled.

"See? This is why you're umma." He said, pulling away and grinning at me. I smacked him on the head lightly.

"Yah. I'm a guy. A dude. If anything, I'm appa."

Taemin giggled. "You're umma to me~" he declared, pretty much closing the discussion.

I sighed. "Fine, fine. At least you gave him the letter. Aw, but it would have been so much fun to see his shocked face if I told him myself."

Taemin looked at my pouting face and smacked my arm with the back of his hand. "Yah. Hajima." He scolded. Damn this kid could change from a toddler to menacing and back again in a split second. "And anyways, if you did tell Minho, then I guess I could tell Jonghyun about your not-so-little crush on him."

He smirked. My eyes widened and my heart froze. "Mwo? I-I don't know what you're talking about." Eff~ how'd Taemin find out??? I made sure to not give any hints at all towards my feelings for Jonghyun!

"Ah umma, you don't hide it as much as you think you do." He smirked, pulling a sheet of paper out from his backpack.

I cocked my head to the side. "Taemin, that's the homework I gave you to copy off of last week." Where was he going with this...?

Something about the mischevous look in his eye made me gulp. And as he turned the paper around, my eyes widened at the sight of my own handwriting. I mentally face palmed myself. Wow. I had written my love declaration to Jonghyun on the back. Smart move there Kibum.

"Okay, okay, I give up. Don't kill me!" I said. If he already found out, there was no point in looking like an idiot trying to deny the fact.

"Umma~ How come you've never told me?" He pouted.

I sighed. "Just 'cause... well, I didn't want to push you into confessing to Minho while I'm just as ing scared as you to confess my feelings. To confess the fact that I love Jonghyun" There. I'd said it. And after four years of hiding my feelings, DAMN did that feel good.

Taemin's thin arms s around my neck in a hug. "I don't care. You of all people should know that I know very well how hard it is to like a guy, so, don't worry about it." I smiled at his comforting words.

"Ahh~ My son is amazing. I love you~" I said as I glomped him tightly.

"Can't.... breathe...." he choked out at the force of my hug.

I laughed and released him. "By the way, I think you just agreed to be my umma~" He said, sticking his tongue out at me and sprinting off in the direction of his house. I stood dumbfounded at the fact that I had, indeed, just became Taemin's umma.

"Oh well. Kibum umma; it has kind of a nice ring to it." I smiled to myself as I began walking home.

~•~

I flung my backpack on top of my bed as I made a mad dash to the kitchen. I was hungry~ Just because at lunch I spent all of my time convincing Taeminnie to write a letter instead of eating.

I tore through my cupboards, but upon finding nothing of amazing taste, I settled for ramen. As I waited for the water to boil, I sat on a chair at the kitchen counter.

Taemin ah, I wonder what he wrote in his letter. He probably poured his heart out to Minho. Kekeke~ I laughed a little as I though about Taemin getting worked up over a letter. But I wonder how it felt like to just, well, confess everything I guess.

Grabbing a nearby pen and slip of paper, I began to do just that. I wrote down everything I liked about Jonghyun, from his soulful eyes to his contagious humor, and all of my love.

I stared at the paper when I was done. Oh... I may have just ended up writing a love letter...

I was about to snatch it off the counter and toss it when I stopped. A love letter. THAT'S IT. I smiled. Time to put my own advice to the test.

Oh dear god of all things SHINee and JongKey, I failed for this chapter ;-; And I am SO SORRY about the length. It's so... short

That being said, I hope you all don't hate me for this >___< Because I swearr the next chapter will be better. I think it's eaisier writing in the Minho/Jonghyun POVs for me. And there will be more JongKey and 2Min so chill.

So until next time~ reviews are appreciated<3 Thank all 37 of you and the hopefully more to come:)