Chapter 17

Anonymous Confessions

 

Taemin's POV

It was the first thing I heard upon entering the school grounds. At first it was a whisper, overheard by me as I walked passed. Then, it became snippets of a conversation that were said far too loudly as Kibum and I greeted each other when we caught eyes. But as we pushed open the large double glass doors that led to the school’s main entrance, it was the only thing that could possibly be mentioned.

Minho’s in love.

“Uh, Kibum, you don’t think they’re talking about…” I trailed off as we passed yet another group of girls that were chatting away about said topic on our way to our lockers.

He shook his head in reassurance; though by the way he eyed the group of girls out of the corner of his eye, I could tell he didn’t exactly believe what he was saying. “They couldn’t be.”

I reached my locker and dialed in the combination, my hands moving habitually but my ears and mind pinpointed to the conversation that was occurring a few lockers down.

“I heard she left him a note,” one of the girls hushed to her friends.

Without making it look too conspicuous that I was listening, I hurriedly stuffed whatever textbooks and binders that I didn’t need into my locker, my ears fixated to them.

“No way, really? I’ve left him a note before but you don’t see him falling for me.”

“Oh, and it’s also anonymous,” said the first girl.

I froze, my grip on my backpack almost loosening completely as I listened to her.

“You still think it isn’t?” I asked Kibum in a whisper, knowing full well that he was eavesdropping as well.

He looked at me with uncertainty written all over his face. “But it can’t be,” he muttered.

I shut my locker, taking a deep breath at what I was about to do. “Uh, excuse me,” I waved over to the small group. The girls looked at me and smiled.

“What’s up?” a girl with blonde hair asked.

“You’re talking about someone who got a letter, right? Who was it?” I asked, praying it wouldn’t be the answer I knew it would be.

“Minho.” She said simply.

My heart dropped and I could feel a slight bit of color drain from my face. I saw Kibum visibly tense out of the corner of my eye, but I pushed on anyways. It could be another Minho, right? There were plenty of Minho’s in Korea. “Minho?”

“Yeah, Choi Minho.”

My hands started to shake, and I crossed my arms so that it wasn’t as noticeable. Oh God…

No! There was probably more than one Choi Minho in this high school. I mean really, it’s a huge school. Come on Taemin, it’s fine.

I cocked my head to the side, staring at them with my best blank face.

“You’ve never heard of Choi Minho? The star athlete, used to play on the soccer team, gets a bazillion love letters every day…?” She asked incredulously.

And there it was. The impact slapped me in the face and I had to use all of my will power not to break down just then. I nodded. “Oh, yeah, I know him. Thanks,” I said, my voice shaking.

She gave me a weird look and nodded, turning back towards her friends.

I walked down the hallway as fast as my trembling legs would carry me, Kibum calling my name as he tried to catch up with me.

“It’s over, Kibum. Over.” I muttered as I stopped once we were out of earshot of the group of girls.

“Taemin, I didn’t know he would actually try to find you,” he exclaimed, his tone so apologetic it almost made me feel guilty.

I shook my head. “It’s not your fault,” I smiled. “Besides, he still doesn’t know it’s me, so he can’t hate me for it,” I said, trying to be optimistic despite how I terrified of the situation I was.

The warning bell rang then, so Kibum and I headed off to our first class. The moment we entered the door, my heart fell. A group of girls surrounded Minho, and worse yet, he was flirting back with all of them.

Knock it off, Taemin. It’s not like he was interested in you anyways. What? You think just because you hang out all weekend it means he has a thing for you? Stop with the wishful thinking already.

My conscience lectured me throughout the entire time I walked over to my seat in the back of the classroom next to Kibum. I glanced longingly at the mob of girls, jealousy and relief for the fact no one knew I sent the letter filling my senses. Minho caught my eye and offered a slight wave, but by the time I waved back, he’d already turned back to the ladies of my class.

Our teacher came in and the class settled down, the girls sighing in defeat as they had to leave Minho alone.

The actual lesson was boring, something about how to find a variable in one way or another. Not that I was paying any attention, I was too busy staring at the back of Minho’s head and doodling in the margins of my practically empty notebook paper.

When the bell for lunch rang, I flew out of the room, not wanting to stay cooped up with the girls who were already making another beeline for Minho’s desk.

I stormed into the cafeteria, sitting at my normal table, and took out my iPod. Sneaking the white ear buds through my sleeves so any monitoring teachers wouldn’t see it, I blasted MBLAQ’s It’s War into my ears, staring emotionlessly into the sea of eating students.

It wasn’t until almost halfway through lunch that I realized that Kibum hadn’t even entered the cafeteria. Suddenly, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I yanked out my ear buds and spun around to see Minho.

“Taemin!” He smiled.

I offered a nod of recognition. “Anneyong Minho hyung,” I said.

“Well I don’t really know how to tell you, so I’m just going to come out and say it,”

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion as I saw him gesturing for someone to stand next to him.

A girl with black wavy hair and huge, dark doe eyes came and immediately grabbed Minho’s hand. I glared daggers at their hands until Minho spoke up again.

“I’d like to introduce you,” he coughed, “to Krystal, my girlfriend.”

And my world froze as the word echoed in my mind.

Girlfriend.

Girlfriend.

Girlfriend?

I sputtered for a second, gaining a weird look from the couple in front of me. “Your what?” 

......*goes to hide*

Anneyong (she says meekly)

So, remember that poll, way back a few chapters ago...? Well, even though most people wanted 2Min to hurry up and get together, I just REALLY wanted to throw this plot twist in there. And seeing as how I don't read het fics unless it's OC or You, I used Minstal, the ONLY het Minho pairing I know.

PLEASEDONTKILLMEIMSOSORRY

Please bear with it? :) I promise it won't slow the story plot down much.

Anyways, the plot thickens in these next few chapters (which would be Monday in A.C. world btw) because we all love how all the drama goes down on the same day, don't we? So even though this fic has seemed kind of plotless the past few, I encourage you to keep reading ^^ (The plotless chapters was mainly cuz stupid me had to go and add a weekend to this fic, which if you've noticed the pattern of each day is 4 chapters, then that's 8 chappies right there -___-)

Anyways, I like advertising, so here's more fics you guys seriously HAVE to (or rather SHOULD) read, because it'll be SO worth your time. 

This Time of Night (2Min/JongKey - NOT romance focused) by Jiayun

Unfaithful (MinKey, 2Min, OnKey) by taty0616 (sad that Star unnie dropped it D:)

Slow Burn (GTOP - G-Dragon/TOP of BIG BANG) by GDonTOP

The Game (RickJoe - Ricky/L. Joe of Teen Top) by OnlyForYa /ieopon

That last one is a hilarious oneshot. :) Everything else is multichap and VERY much amazing :)

Enough of my A/N now, cuz I swear its SO much longer than this chapter -___-

Until next time~

xoxo