Chapter 25

Anonymous Confessions

 

Taemin's POV
 
Things hadn’t gotten better.
 
From the time I came to Kibum yesterday afternoon, my stomach still churning from a mixture of heartbreak and stress, until this morning, nothing seemed to go right.
 
It wasn’t just at school. It was everything. I overslept this morning, too exhausted from crying the day before. I couldn’t stay home like my parents offered because of a huge test that I had to take later, and to top it all off, Kibum couldn’t even walk with me to school today because of some urgent matter he said he had to take care of.
 
I jotted out my lower lip as I entered the main doors of my high school, keeping my head hung low to avoid eye contact from questioning peers. 
 
Why was everything just so wrong?
 
Krystal was a nice girl, even in my heartbreak I could see that, but the fact that she lied even if it was just to be with Minho was something I couldn’t forgive. I didn’t care that she had no idea of what exactly she was doing to me and that only added to my dislike of her. I couldn’t hate her though, because I somewhat understood her.
 
And Minho might be charming, oh hell was he, but the fact that he just so blindly trusts people…
 
I sighed and shook my head. No. That was exactly the reason I ended things with him before they could go bad. He trusted me as a friend, and if he ever found out that I’d written that letter, that I’d been pining for him since freshman year, he’d be disgusted. 
 
It’s better this way, I told myself as I trudged along the hallway.
 
When I reached my locker, I dialed in the combination and tossed in the momentarily useless binders from my backpack. I shut my locker and took a deep breath. Time to brave the day.
 
As soon as I turned and took a few steps to go to class, however, someone blocked my way.
 
“Excuse me,” I bowed, my head still lowered from earlier since I didn’t feel too great.
 
When the figure didn’t move, I raised my head and got a better look at the person’s face.
 
My stomach lurched. Minho.
 
“A-ah, Minho, what are you doing here?” I questioned nervously, plastering on a faux smile that I was sure came out as a grimace at best. He pointed out his finger in answer. I followed his arm and turned my head in the direction of the locker I was standing in front of. 
 
Right. I forgot that his locker’s only four down from mine.
 
“Sorry,” I bowed again, shutting my eyes closed in embarrassment. I started to rush away but he held my shoulders. 
 
“Taemin,” he started, his voice cautious.
 
I shook my head furiously and made to move past him again. He didn’t stop me this time, so I side stepped him and forced my feet to move quickly. “Taemin!” I heard him call me again, some kind of urgency laced into his voice pulling at my heart.
 
I refused to look back.
 
I made my way to my classroom, ignoring the weird looks I got for practically running down the hallway. When I got to the room, I headed straight for my desk, completely apathetic about the fact that I was basically the only one in class for being so early. 
 
I set my bag on the hard wood surface and took out my iPod. I jammed my earbuds in my ears, not caring if anyone saw them since school hadn’t started anyway, and put my iPod on shuffle. I closed my eyes and folded my arms in front of me, resting my head face first in them. I didn’t exactly know what was playing, but it really didn’t matter. All I wanted was a loud bass beat in my head to drown out my stress.
 
I didn’t realize I’d dozed off until I felt something jab me repeatedly in my ribcage.
 
“Yah. Taemin. Wake up before our teacher arrives,” a voice said. I looked up to see Kibum standing over me, holding one of my earbuds in his hand. “Finally, it took you long enough to wake up. Is this how loud you normally listen to music?” He questioned. “I mean, I can hear it from the other side of the room.”
 
I chuckled. “Of course you would lecture me about how loud my music is.”
 
“Yah! How could you say that to your umma? Huh? Of course I get to lecture you,” he scolded, gaining a few stares of confusion from anyone within earshot. 
 
I laughed at that. “I haven’t called you Umma in awhile,” I pointed out.
 
“No, but that doesn’t change the fact of me being one,” he beamed. Seeing my amused expression, his own emotion dropped. “Taemin, are you feeling better?” He asked sincerely.
 
“Yep,” I answered. Short and sweet.
 
He raised his eyebrows. “Seriously?”
 
I sighed, knowing I wouldn’t be able to hide it from him. He’d get it out of me eventually, so why not just say it now? “I’ll… I’ll get over it,” I breathed out.
 
“Are you sure?” 
 
I nodded, and before he could interrogate me any further, our teacher came in, signaling the end of our discussion and the beginning of torture.
 
~•~
 
“-his face totally said it all anyway, so it didn’t matter what he said. Everyone knows he’s busted now and- Yah! Taemin! Are you listening?”
 
I snapped my head up and looked at Kibum. “Oh, yeah. Something about that guy who did that thing…?” I trailed off.
 
“Close enough,” he sighed. I knew he was trying desperately not to ask if I was okay, knowing that the more he asked, the worse I would get.
 
As if on cue to our ended conversation, a voice chimed in. “Key!”
 
Both Kibum and I turned to see Jonghyun waving in our direction. 
 
“Who’s Key?” I asked in confusion as Kibum’s face lit up.
 
Immediately, he turned back to me. “Uh, no one,” he sputtered. I looked at him more closely, trying to silently pry an answer from him. “I, uh, I gotta go,” Kibum rushed out. And with a quick reassuring hug, he turned in Jonghyun’s direction and left.
 
“So there’s something he’s not telling me,” I said to myself. “I’m going to have to ask him what happened in the courtyard yesterday. I shook my head and chuckled. “I’m sure something did happen though.” I repositioned my backpack over my shoulder and headed toward the main entrance.
 
While I passed the double glass doors, I saw Minho with his girlfriend. I cringed as the word rolled around in my mind. My eyes gazed longingly at his laughing face for a split second before I shook my head. Stop it, Taemin. You’re better than this.
 
I pushed through the doors and headed home, trying anything to keep my mind off of the raven haired athlete who seemed to plague my thoughts.
 
Anneyong ^^
 
I'M BACK <3 After 2 long months, which I apologize for. 
 
I also aplogize for this chapter length. Honestly, I don't have much to say about the 2min until the next set of chapters... yea o-o So this is pretty much just a filler. The jongkey will make up for it though~~ I hope x)
 
Anyways. Damn guys. OTL. Over 300 subs? ;~; I'm so happy you have no idea. (Who's ready for some photo/gif spam? xD I believe I at picking out them but w/e) Sadly, that spam will have to wait til next chapter. If you want it o-o Leave a comment. AND IF NOT MAYBE I CAN WRITE A ONESHOT :3 Any oneshot requests? (Pairings/plot/etc)
 
The reason that spam is gonna wait is because I'm gonna advertise now (ohhh god, yes, yes i am). Sorry for those of you who hate it OTL
 
Desperate Flirtations by SarahSarang4U (Changji/Changjoe - Teen Top). Anyone who's read any of my other fics besides this one will come to realize that AC is actually a bit different in writing style than my norm. If you like my other stories, check this out ^^ I'm writing L.Joe's POV. But SarahSarang4U is a great writer anyway~~
 
You're Not Alone by BulletProofLove18 (2Min). Written by my cousin~ :) (And I made the poster)
 
Cafe Amour by BulletProofLove18 (Taoris/Kaisoo - EXO. 2Min) I made the poster again :3
 
I'm glad to be off my hiatus and back on AFF ^^ And thanks for the overwhelming support with this:)
 
Until next time~
 
xoxo