He Has My Love, and Now My Confession

Anonymous Confessions

 

Taemin’s POV

I was sitting in class, semi listening to my teacher say something about an important project, but mostly doodling nonsense on the side of my notes.

At first I drew a cat, then a dog, then some flowers, which somehow turned into hearts. I absentmindedly took my eyes off of my paper, not breaking my art, and took a quick glance at the clock. Good. Only three more minutes of this torture, then off to the freedom of lunch~

Looking back down at my sketches, I quickly withdrew my hand. How the hell did that get there?! I widened my eyes at the sight of Minho’s name. I moved my eyes over to his tall frame that was diagonally in front of me, and sighed. He was doing the pencil-twirling trick with his hands. I don’t know how people do that… because I fail at it. He held his chin with the hand that wasn’t occupied, listening intently to our teacher. I moved my gaze to the whole of his body, admiring how slim he was, but how muscular his frame was at the same time. The way his Adam’s apple jotted out of his throat made his chiseled face seem manlier… WAIT. This needs to stop. NOW.

I quickly drew my eyes back to my paper, now staring awkwardly at his name. Aish. I shook my head slightly as I scribbled it out.

And then the bell rang, signaling the dismissal of class.

“Taeminnie~” A familiar voice drifted through the emptying classroom.

I quickly stuffed my notebook in my backpack and stood up from my desk. “Umma~” I greeted my best friend.

“AH! Don’t call me umma!” Kim Kibum scowled at the placement I gave him.

I laughed at his crossed arms and shook my head. “Fine, fine, Kibum. Arasao?”

He nodded his head. “Good. Now let’s go to lunch. I’m starving!” He cried, grabbing my arm and pulling me towards the cafeteria.

~•~

“Taemin! Taemin-ah! If you don’t say anything right this instant I’ll have to teach you a lesson for ignoring me.” Kibum lectured.

“Ah. Oh, hi.” I said, snapping back into reality.

While I looked at him apologetically as he scolded me, I stole glances at Minho who was seated at the table behind Kibum (as he sat in front of me). He was sitting with his best friend, and the school’s player, Kim Jonghyun, laughing about who knows what. I sighed dreamily. I wished I were close enough to hear his laugh…

“Taemin! Really? Again?” Kibum cried, gaining my attention.

I looked back at him. “Oh. Mianhe Kibum.”

He sighed and twisted his head to see what I had been staring at. Turning back to me, he went on. “Damn it Taemin, just go tell him how you feel already.

I widened my eyes. “Oh no, I couldn’t. I mean, he’s the most popular guy in our grade, and I’m just a nobody in our class. I doubt he even knows my name!” I said.

Kibum scoffed. “Of course he knows your name. He’s been in almost every single one of your classes for all four years of high school.”

“But… I’ve never even talked to him before!” I complained.

This time, he rolled his eyes. “Sure you have. When he saved you from drowning in the pool freshman year.” He chuckled.

I slapped him lightly on the arm. “Shut up.” I pouted, grabbing my banana milk and taking a sip from it.

Kibum just laughed at my childish act. “But Taemin! You’re going to have to confess someday. I mean, this is our last year of high school, and you may not get another chance.”

I didn’t meet his eyes. I knew he was right. But, this was Choi Minho we were talking about. He was as straight as you could get, but me… I was gay. For him! There was no way he would even give me a chance.

I slowly shifted my gaze back at the said person, who was currently talking to a bunch of girls. Point taken. I thought. All of them were laughing and smiling at the goofy antics him and Jonghyun were putting on. I smiled.

“See? Like that. You can’t just go on with your life if you’re that in love with someone!” Kibum snapped me back to reality for the hundredth time.

I held my chin in my hands and whined. “You’re right, as much as I really don’t want to admit it.” I sighed sadly. “But I can’t just go up to him and confess! God, Kibum, you’re the only one who knows I like guys.”

He sighed, tapping his chin in thought. “OMO! I’ve got it!” he finally said, causing me to give him a confused look. “Send a love letter!” he cried.

“Eh? Kibum… you do know that the whole point of me not confessing is so that he doesn’t know who I am?”

“Babo!” he said, tapping me gently on the head. “You don’t put your name on it.”

“Mwo?” I asked, confused.

He sighed. “Taemin, how hard is this to understand? You’ll write him an anonymous love letter!”

I shook my head. “No way. I’m not doing that. Besides, what if he reads it? It’d be so embarrassing.”

Kibum looked me dead in the eye. “Minnie, he probably gets hundreds of letters. He’d never read every single one of them, no matter how nice he is. And just think, at least you can confess without anyone knowing you love him!”

I thought about it… it did sound good. But, I was entirely convinced. “I don’t know…” I mumbled.

“Well, if you don’t want to confess that way, I can do it for you.” He grinned. I raised my eyebrow. “Hey everyone!” Kibum suddenly yelled very loudly, gaining the attention of nearly everyone in the cafeteria. “My friend here says he likes Ch-“ and that’s as far as he got before I covered his mouth with my hand.

After a few moments, the students dismissed the matter, giving us weird looks, but otherwise going back to their own lives.

“Damn it Kibum, that’s called blackmail you know.” I grumbled, giving him my best death glare when I uncovered his mouth.

He laughed. “I know.”

~•~

I can’t believe I’m actually doing this… I thought as I approached Minho’s locker. It wasn’t that hard to find, considering his locker was four down from mine.

I looked at the letter one last time, making sure there was no way to connect it to me. It was a light pink envelope that was sealed with a heart sticker. The actual note was written on the same shade of pink paper, written in blue ink, in my best penmanship. I had never written the neat. Ever. And so, there was no way to compare it to my handwriting.

I breathed deeply and placed the letter at the slot in the locker. Shutting my eyes and counting to three, I shoved it in.

I headed towards the school doors, and attempted to calm my nerves.

He has my heart, my thoughts, my dreams, and now… my confession.

Aha I finally got to writing the first chapter. It's not all like I planned, but I'm satisfied with it. I really hope my writer's block doesn't screw up the rest of the fic... 

Oh my God. You guys, are daebak. 26 subscribers in less than a day? (Though it took me another to actually update) Ah I was so happy, considering my fics really are never popular by any means. So 26 is a lot for me. Thank's guys~!! <3