Chapter 19

Anonymous Confessions

Kibum's POV

I felt horrible. Scratch that, I felt lower than dirt. I had absolutely no idea what my pushing Taemin into giving Minho a letter would do, but now that I saw the results at school, it crushed me.

I sighed as I watched Taemin stare longingly at the back of Minho’s head. He’d been so crushed when we entered the classroom and saw the mob of girls that surrounded him. I couldn’t help but feel that this was my fault, all my fault.

If only I hadn’t told Taemin to confess.

If only I hadn’t suggested the letter.

If only I hadn’t convinced him to put it in Minho’s locker.

If only…

I sighed again, loudly this time, gaining a few eye rolls from my classmates. I took a glance at a clock that rested in the front of the classroom. Only ten more minutes.

A few giggles caught my attention and I cocked my head just slightly in the direction of two whispering girls beside me.

“I wouldn’t be surprised if someone claimed to write the letter when they didn’t,” one of the girls stated.

“Obviously,” the other huffed.  “I mean, if the real sender hasn’t fessed up by now, they never will. Watch it be some ugly, desperate chick,” she snorted as they laughed again.

I felt my hands curl tighter around my pencil, my arm trembling from the force. I turned my attention away from the two and breathed out deeply. “You don’t know anything,” I muttered to myself.

I couldn’t have been happier when the bell rang a few minutes later, signaling the end of class. I don’t think I could have taken more eavesdropping about people dissing my baby. Granted, they had no idea that they were, but that didn’t make anything any more right.

I stood up and started placing my belongings back in my messenger bag. “Taemin,” I called, “where do you want to sit for lunch?” I asked before looking up. I felt my heart drop as I saw him speeding out the door, not even hearing me. He must be more crushed than I thought.

“Aish,” I mumbled, shaking my head. For being the one who caused this pain to him… I felt like I had just kicked a puppy. Or murdered a baby. Yeah, probably that. I’m a horrible person.

Before I was able to follow Taemin out of the room however, someone grabbed my arm. I turned around to face a somewhat nervous looking Onew.

“Hey, Kibum?” He called. I nodded in greeting. “Can I talk to you for a sec?” He asked.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion at what he could possibly want to talk about. The only time I had actually talked to him was last week for the partner class work.  “About what?” I asked slowly.

His eyes flicked nervously around the room. “Uh, it’s… can we just talk outside?” He looked back at me pleadingly. I nodded hesitantly.

“Um, alright.”

He smiled gratefully and headed out of the classroom as I followed behind him. He led me outside of school and into the courtyard that few students used to cut across the crowded school or eat lunch in peace. At the moment though, there weren’t any people out, us being the only ones.

Onew finally slowed to a stop and turned around to face me. I stopped as well, a knot of something I couldn’t quite place a finger on bubbling inside my stomach at the look on his face. His smile was an emotion I could only pinpoint as smug as he stood in front of me.

“So, what’d you want to talk about?” I coughed out, my skin crawling as a feeling of dread coiled in my chest.

“Do you remember when we worked together on that statistics worksheet last week?” He asked, the smugness never falling from his face.

I nodded.

“You left something on my desk, didn’t you?”

I furrowed my eyebrows. I didn’t forget anything, did I? I took all of my papers, my pencil case, and my binder. What else would I bring to class? And even if I did forget something, why would Onew have to bring me outside just to give it back?

“I don’t remember leaving anything,” I said softly, my head still spinning with any possible thing I could have left but coming up with nothing.

“Oh, but you did.” Onew smirked. I watched in confusion as he pulled something out from his back pocket. “You recognize this, don’t you?” He held out a folded piece of paper.

I narrowed my eyes at the object, trying to remember what I could have left on a sheet of paper. “I don’t know what that is,” I finally shrugged.

“You don’t have to keep playing dumb. I know you gave this to me on purpose, Kibum.”

“I seriously have no idea what that is, and I kind of need to find Taemin right now so…” I huffed. Seriously, if I didn’t find that boy in the next five minutes, who knows what kind of mental breakdown he’d have? With everyone talking about it, it was bound to add thousands of pounds of stress to him.

Onew chuckled. “Are you going to read it or have me read it for you? Either way, you pretending that you don’t know what I’m talking about is cute.”

I sighed. “Seriously, I need to find Taemin because- wait what?” My eyes widened in shock. “Did you just call me cute?”

Onew laughed. “Of course,”

“…Why are you calling me cute?” I asked in a voice that demanded an answer.

“Because you are,” he grinned. “But anyways,” he said as he unfolded the piece of paper, “I don’t see why you’re asking me that.”

“And just why shouldn’t I be asking why you’re calling me cute?” I narrowed my eyes.

“Well isn’t it only fair considering that you’ve already complimented my ‘deep soulful eyes’ and my smile,” he grinned, his eyes scanning the paper.

“What?” I asked, my eyes widening and my heart freezing for a second.

“Oh, and you called me adorable, so calling you cute is practically nothing,” he laughed, completely oblivious to my shock.

What exactly is on that paper?” I hissed.

He tilted his head to the side and then turned the paper around. I quickly scanned the sheet, my eyes widening when I realized what it was.

There were so many emotions racing through me, embarrassment, anger, and others. “Where did you get that?” I seethed.

Onew’s smile faltered for the first time since we got outside as he looked at me in confusion. “You left it on my desk.” He stated.

My blood froze in my veins. I did? But it couldn’t have! It was safely tucked away… in my notebook. I mentally face palmed myself. I’m so, so stupid. Sticking a piece of paper in the back of a notebook is hardly safe keeping.

“Kibum,” Onew started. I stared at him, my eyes emotionless. “I really like you.” He said.

I opened my mouth to speak but no words came out.

“So that’s why,” he said, taking a few steps towards me and discarding the paper to the ground, “I’m really happy you gave me this letter.”

I didn’t realize how close he was to me until he closed the gap between us, his lips crashing onto mine.

I was a stone, motionless as I tried to process what was happening. The current actions happening to me and my brain were on two completely different levels.

And when they caught up to each other, I snapped.

“Mmph!” I grunted, pushing on Onew’s chest with my hands.

He didn’t budge, only slipping his hands around my waist and pulling me closer. I balled my fists together and hit him on his chest repeatedly, screaming in protest. With one final push, I pried him off of me and slapped him.

“What the hell?!” I yelled.

He looked at me in utter confusion. “But the letter-”

“Wasn’t meant for you,” I finished for him.

He stood unmoving as I snatched the letter from the ground and ran back inside the school.

“What the ing hell was that?” I asked no one in particular, tears pooling in my eyes. “He took my first kiss,” I whispered as I touched my lips. It felt wrong and I cringed at the feeling.

Wiping my mouth harshly with the back of my hand, I walked with new determination.

Thanking every higher being that no one was in the hallway, I made my way to Jonghyun’s locker.

I stared at the letter in my hands, watching in bitterness as a teardrop stained the paper. “I can do this,” I breathed deeply, glancing up at the small slits at the top of the locker. “I can do this.”

I shakily brought the letter up to the slot. Squeezing my eyes shut, I forced myself to shove the letter into the locker.

As soon as the paper left my fingertips, I opened my eyes. The bell rang, signaling the end of lunch just in time.

I walked among the increasing sea of students, no one suspecting that another anonymous confession had just been made.

~•~

“Kibum!” Taemin called me as I stood at my locker at the end of the day.

“Hey Taeminnie,” I greeted, sighing. I hadn’t been in the mood for anything at all since lunch period, my mood steadily getting worse.

“He has a girlfriend,” Taemin said as he hugged me, his face burying into my chest.

“Who has a girlfriend?” I asked halfheartedly.

“Minho,” Taemin sniffled.

My eyes immediately widened. “What?” I asked in disbelief.

“He has a girlfriend,” Taemin said again, his hands balling up on the front of my shirt. I instinctively wrapped my arms around him and held his shaking frame as the wetness started to spread on the fabric.

“Since when?” I asked when he had calmed down a bit.

He broke out of our embrace and looked at me with teary eyes. “Since today. It’s Krystal from our math class.”

“I…” I trailed off, too stunned to say anything. I grabbed Taemin’s hand and pulled him outside of the school. “Do you want to come to my house today?” I offered, knowing that Taemin would feel a lot better with some company rather than to wallow in misery.

The red head nodded as we continued walking.

We were just barely past the front steps of the school when I heard a familiar voice yell across the school grounds. Taemin and I turned around to see Jonghyun standing at the top of the stairs.

“If you gave me a letter,” Jonghyun’s voice boomed, “meet me in the courtyard before school tomorrow.”

My eyes widened and I turned away quickly, noticing how most of the student body completely ignored Jonghyun’s outburst.

But Taemin felt my hand go rigid in his and he stared at me expectantly. “Jonghyun may be the school’s player, but he hardly gets letters,” he pointed out knowingly.

I kept staring straight ahead.

“Kibum, you gave him an anonymous letter?” Taemin asked.

I hesitantly turned my head and met his eyes.

“Did you?” he asked again.

I nodded.

Meet me in the courtyard before school.

Anneyong ^^

I apologize for not updating sooner -____- I AM A PROCRASTINATOR OTL

Anyways~~~ 

Who forgot about Onew? HMMM?? Tell the truth. I know you did. And for those of you who didn't but thought I did... well you were wrong keke xD

And I kind of laughed at the comments last chapter, tbh. Because everyone hated Krystal for what she did, and that's actually kind of the opposite reaction I was expecting. Oh the irony lol. 

And because I promised a bit of spam for my 200+ subbies:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOsQCJ5O97NfVNOkrT8_j

2minnn.gif

2minhughngh.gif

2min.gif

2mindancesalsa3.gif

2min_kiss_by_ko_min_jk-d3bcbuv.gif

tumblr_lg4oesiX891qez829o1_500.gif

jongkey_by_NanallySkywalker.gif

tumblr_leqfzd2zW61qbttgr.gif

tumblr_leqfrvRidG1qbttgr.gif

tumblr_levpmg2H2v1qduu2po1_500.gif

lucifer.jpg

tumblr_lsxstnERaC1qcl8qx.jpg

tumblr_ly6ckhkWHU1qjvt11o1_500.png

tumblr_ly5kjmFcsU1qejtn1o2_250.png

tumblr_ly0xwot9ZG1qcbz52o1_500.jpg

tumblr_lsbmipNaCM1r385nfo1_500.gif

‘My goal is to become a songwriter, so if i can’t do that, I don’t want the money.’ - Kim Jonghyun.

taeminholding:  Holding his belt.

onew+sangtae.jpg

onewwww.png

164322_183730781637509_100000017663303_6

20111202_seoulbeats_shinee2.png

Aighhttt enough spam haha ;)

~

OH HAVE YOU GUYS SEEN THIS??

 

Am I the only one who thinks Daesung's blonde hair is hot? o-o Cuz really, he pulls it off~~ <3 :) I like his bangs too hahah xD But I'm a total TOP/GD bias sooo yea. I just think they need to change their hair -____- But yea, their comeback is absolutely amazing <3 <3

SOOO last week I went to my first Anime Convention... is anyone else reading this into anime? xD IDEK but Katsucon was so epic <3 :) I just need to see SHINee and Teen Top and Big Bang in concert and my life will be complete :D

Well I'm out for now :L and hopefully I can update soon

Until next time~

xoxo