It's You?

Secret Dreams

Hey guys~ I hope you guys are having a good day ^_^


A few more months pass, and finally, you realize you have now been training for little over a year in Korea. You managed to keep the whole singing thing a secret from your parents, although you felt really bad for lying. You never ended up finding what Suho did to you while you were unconscious, but remembered that Subin said something about some sort of “savior” that rescued you from the streets and took you back home. You’ve been trying to find out who that person was, but since you’re so busy practicing, you never got a good chance to search for the person.

It’s summer again, which marks your first year anniversary at Seoul. You and Subin decide to go out to have some fun that Sunday, because you guys have been training even harder these days.

“Wahhh Haneul~ I can’t believe we’ve already been roommates for a year now!” Subin exclaimed. She picked up a bottle of water in the dance practice room, and gulped it down in her ever so model-like fashion. She even looked attractive drinking water…

Oops. You snapped out of your trance and got smacked in the face by reality. You would never be as flawless as Subin. You actually were really pretty; it’s just that you never took the time and effort to showcase your hidden beauty.

“Oh, yeah! I can’t believe it either! It feels just like yesterday when I first arrived at the dorm..” you replied. You wiped off beads of sweat from your face. You guys had just finished practicing dancing for hours, and it was around 10pm. Still pretty early for trainees.

Suddenly, you hear a phone ring.

“Ah! Sorry Haneul! One sec, family is calling.” Subin exited the room while you just lie down and look up at the ceiling. You were exhausted, most of all because of the fact that you kept on trying to figure out who your “savior” was. Could it be Joon? Or is it just some random dude who has a fancy for saving girls in such a chivalrous manner?

While you thought your brains out, Subin returned. She looked at you, and then looked away, unsure, then looked at you again.

“What’s the matter, Subin?” you asked.

“Oh……umm…I’M SO SORRY HANEUL but my family is having another fishing tournament this weekend and they really want me to join for the closing ceremonies tomorrow…… I know we were supposed to celebrate your 1st year anniversary in Korea together…..but I’M SO SO SORRY!!!” Subin almost cried as she told you. You guys had been planning this for a while, especially since you guys didn’t have much time these days to play around, but you understood. Family comes first before friends.

Subin left before you in order to pack her belongings for her family visit. You decided to practice a bit more to perfect your dance moves, when suddenly, your phone rings.

“Hello?” you ask, out of breath. You had just completed a very exhausting dance routine.

“O-oh.. Hello?” you hear a gentle voice from the other side of the line.

“Yes? Who is this?” you ask. You were a bit annoyed, because you wanted to keep on practicing.

“You don’t recognize me?” the voice on the other line asked. You paused, and thought hard..

“It’s ok. I know we haven’t talked for a while…” Who was this person?!

“Excuse me, but who are you? And how did you get my phone number?” you cautiously asked.

“Oh, um, well, long story. I can tell you when we meet up. Remember, that one night you ran away from a creepy dude at around 3am?” the person asked.

What. How did he know about that. Wait….

You paused, and kept on thinking.. Hmmmmm………..! Wait. No. It can’t be….

“U-um… were you the person who saved me from that man and also the person who took me back to my dorm that one afternoon?” you asked. Your heart was pounding, and your eyes darted around the entire room. Had you finally found the person you had wanted to thank all these months?

“I’ll tell you once we meet. In the meantime, add my number to your phone book, and I’ll send you a text. Bye bye, Park Haneul!” Suho ended the call before you could say anything else.

Suho took a deep bear-sized breath, and he held his phone next to his chest.

Calm down man….. You have to act cool and collected…..

Suho unlocked his phone and began to text you the deets.

You, on the other hand, were just confused. What is he saying? Meet him? When?

Boop beep.

You received a new text message. You opened your inbox, and bam.

“Café, 9pm, tomorrow.”

A few seconds later, you received another text.

“Oh, by the way, goodnight! ^^”

You stared at your phone, with your brain whizzing with thoughts and possibilities. Good thing tomorrow was your break day, or else you wouldn’t have been able to meet him. You put your phone down, the music, and tried to practice dancing some more, but you couldn’t because your mind was distracted by the mysterious phone call. You decided to call it quits and left the practice room towards your dorm.

As you exited the building and began to make your way back home, you kept on running into people because you were so lost in your thoughts. Suddenly, you feel a pair of arms hugging you from the back, and the person’s head resting softly on your right shoulder. You realized who it was after recognizing the distinct scent.

“Joon! I told you to stop doing that!” you said. You were actually very surprised because it was so out of the blue.

“Ahhh sorry Haneul! It’s just that I missed you so much! We never see each other anymore! And you barely reply to my texts!” Joon exclaimed.

“Sorry man. It’s just that I’ve been so busy traini- um I mean studying……. ya know?” Phew, close one.

“Oh……. Ok. So, do you wanna go somewhere? Let’s catch up!” Joon asked.

You were about to say no, because you were extra tired and didn’t want to look like a panda the next day, but Joon’s eyes were twinkling with happiness that you would have hated to ruin the mood.

“Fine… Where do you wanna go?” you asked, trying to conceal your exhaustion.

“Oh, I know! Let’s go to the noraebang!! I haven’t been to karaoke since I’ve been here!” Joon exclaimed.

Ugh… More singing…. You thought to yourself. But if it’ll make Joon happy, I guess I can go along.

“Oh, ok. That’s fine with me. Let’s go!” you tried to sound as excited as possible.

You guys ended up going to a nearby noraebang, and started belting out songs. Once you began to sing, you became excited and all your energy came back. You hadn’t had this much fun with Joon since that time in Disneyland, and instantly, all your memories with your high school friends began to return. You suddenly felt really lonely in Korea.

Wait….hmm?? What’s this? You began to think to yourself as the next song began to play. The song was oddly familiar.

“Joon, did you pick this song?” you asked.

“Yeah, why?” Joon picked up the song and began to sing the lyrics.

“I don’t think I can live without you

I don’t think I can be anyone without you

I’m right here, next to you, but why can’t you see me.”

While Joon was singing, he began to look at you, and burn holes into your body. His stare became passionate, and you realized that he had memorized the lyrics while he sang the whole song looking into your eyes. You felt extremely awkward, because the lyrics were about a guy who loves a girl that never notices him. (hmm I wonder who he’s referring to ahem)

You couldn’t stand the awkwardness any longer, and you began to feel a bit dizzy from the surge of emotions, so you quickly left the room while Joon was belting out the chorus. He was facing the screen now and got so into it that he didn’t notice you leave.

You shut the door, and closed your eyes and relished in the quietness of the hallway. You took a deep breath, and decided to buy a drink from the vending machine to satisfy your parched throat.

As you began to make your way back to your karaoke room, you stopped in the middle of the hallway. You quickly leaned into the door next to your karaoke room, and began to listen to the people singing inside. Your eyes opened wide as you instantly fell in love with whoever was singing, because his voice was just so smooth and delicate. You melted at the sound of his voice, and for a moment, lost track of time while you listened to the beautiful singing.

“Oh! Who’s this?” you heard a person ask from behind.

You snapped out of your listening mode and instantly froze. You slowly turned around to the unfamiliar voices.

Oh….wait…..I’ve seen these guys before….. You began to think and try to find out who these guys were.

There were 3 guys looking curiously at you while you blocked the entrance to their karaoke room.

“Heyyy looking good~ I’m Chen!” one of the guys said. He looked like a cute goofball with an adorable smile.

“Hello! Nice to meet you! I’m Baekhyun!” chirped the other guy.

The guy to the far left didn’t say a word, but you didn’t notice because you were focused on the other two guys.

“OH!!!” you suddenly shouted. The three guys jumped back.

“Oh woops I’m so sorry!” you apologized as you remembered that these were some of the guys from the group you had seen at Disneyland that one summer!

“Sorry sweetheart, but we gotta get back to our room. We don’t want to miss our chance to hear our leader sing!” Chen flirted. You instantly stepped aside, and the three guys went inside. The guy that went in last, though, stared at you briefly before entering the room.

Hmm… I wonder what’s up with that guy? You thought to yourself. You just shrugged it off and went back into your own karaoke room.

In reality, everything happened really fast, so when you entered the room, Joon had just finished the song and didn’t even realize that you had left until you gave him the drinks. He was confused, but accepted the drink anyway.

You guys left the noraebang, and parted ways because you took the bus to your dorm. Joon offered to walk you home, but you didn’t want him to find out where you lived, so you insisted that he leave too.

The next morning was you woke up with drool all over your pillow. You hadn’t had a good night’s sleep since forever, because Subin insisted that you guys take a morning jog on Sunday mornings. You woke up leisurely, changed out of your pajamas, and washed up. You checked your phone, and read your messages again. Your heart began to thud as you thought about finally meeting the person who had saved you countless times.

You decided to keep it simple once again and just wore a pair of jean shorts with a white loose-fitting shirt and a cardigan. You had gotten really fit and your body was toned and slim ever since you began to dance religiously. Casual clothes looked very flattering on your body. You tied up your hair into a long, wavy ponytail, and put on some light make up to make yourself dazzle in a non-flashy way.

You finally left to go meet the person behind the mysterious phone call, and exited the apartment building. The weather was very nice but hot, and especially quite humid during the evening.

You entered the café, and quickly searched. There weren’t a lot of people compared to usual, because most people left to go eat dinner around that time. You searched and searched until finally you saw a familiar figure in the back, reading a book, with a familiar pair of sunglasses, a hat, and a mask on.

You began to make your way to the back, hidden portion of the café, and quietly caught the person’s attention.

“Um…..hello?”  you asked.

The person sort of jumped, and then looked at you and realized who you were. He stood up and motioned you to sit down.

You took the seat in front of him, and waited for him to say something. After a mini pause, you broke the silence.

“Ummmm……….. I just wanted to say thank you for saving me these past couple of times. I really owe you a huge thanks,” you said as you bowed to him. “Is there anything you would like? I can pay you for your troubles..”

He leaned in, and you unconsciously leaned in too. The person with the disguise then took off his mask and glasses. You gasped.

“Do you remember me?” Suho whispered. You felt his voice tingle in your ears.

“Y-yes…… Suho, right?” you whispered. You then remembered all those crazy fans in Disneyland, and whispered even more softly.

Suho grinned, and leaned back before putting his disguise back on.

You just sat there while you tried to slowly put all the pieces back together. You were confused yet sort of happy that it was Suho, and you were glad you were able to meet him again. You were a bit puzzled as to how it just happened to be Suho that saved you every single time though. Some sort of fate perhaps?

Suddenly, you heard quite a bit of whispering from nearby tables.

“C’mon Haneul, let’s go,” Suho said as he stood up and took your arm as he lead you out of the café. He really didn’t want to blow his cover, because he wanted to spend some more time with you before his fans realized who he was.

You just followed Suho, and for a while, you just stared at his face as he guided you through the crowds. He was now holding you by placing his arm around your shoulder in the side hug, and protecting you while you guys went through the busy streets. You blushed, but tried to hide it. A guy had never touched you and hugged you in such a protective manner.

Oh no….. what’s happening to me? you thought as you were led by Suho. Why do I feel so happy and relaxed around him?

Suho suddenly grabbed you with his other arm and hugged you while shielding you from a man who was running dangerously through the crowds. You were instantly trapped between his arms and his body, with your head barely resting on his shoulder, looking up. You fit perfectly inside Suho’s warm hug.

“Yahh! Aish people have to watch where they’re going,” Suho complained as he still hugged you. You were so shocked by the sudden hug, so you just stood there, secretly happy.

“Oh, I’m sorry Haneul. I didn’t want you to ruin your lovely face of yours once again,” Suho joked as he turned around and continued to lead you to a certain area in the outside market.

Me….? my face?? You were confused, because nobody had really told you that you were pretty except for Joon on occasions. Of course, Miyoung kept on telling you that you were prettier than her, even though it was obvious what the truth was.

Finally, you guys reached a small jewelry stand outside. Suho began to look through the jewelry, until he finally focused on a necklace. The necklace was silver and sparkly, and had a pretty butterfly pendant.

“Hey youngster couple! Why don’t you two buy these couple rings? It’ll be perfect for a young couple like you two, and it’s on sale!” The sales lady tried to convince Suho to buy the couple rings, even though they were technically more expensive than the butterfly pendant. You guessed that Suho just looked like a rich guy with lotsa money.

Both you and Suho instantly blushed at the mention of being a couple. Suho ended up buying the couple rings, which were simple two silver bands with an S engraved on them. Suho then turned to you, reached for your hand, and put the ring on your finger. You were surprised, and taken aback. Suho then wore the other ring on his hand.

“Why are you giving me this? I mean, we’re not even a couple,” you asked. You secretly were enjoying this moment so much. You were really into couple events and stuff, and this was beyond cute.

“We’re not a couple…..yet..” Suho grinned behind his mask as he held your hand.

You decided to let him walk you to your dorm after your mini date, and eventually reached the apartment entrance.

“Thank you for tonight again. I owe you so much now, especially after this,” you said as you raised your hand with the ring on it. “Is there anything I can do for you?” you asked.

“Just please don’t take that ring off. That’s my only wish,” Suho said. You couldn’t really tell his emotions because he was still wearing his disguise the entire time.

You each said your goodbyes, and just when you were about to turn around to unlock your door, Suho grabbed your arm and turned you around, with your back now against the door. He placed his other arm next to you, trapping you between his arms. He took off his mask and his sunglasses, and for the first time that night, you were able to look at Suho’s face in detail. His face was perfect; so bumps, no scars, no signs of wrinkles. He was fairly handsome too; he had a sense of manliness behind those cute eyes.

Suho slowly began to get closer and closer, until his face was just millimeters from yours. You closed your eyes tightly, scared yet secretly expecting something to happen. You could feel his breath on your cheek, and his wonderful scent encasing you.

You waited and waited, but nothing happened. You opened your eyes, and realized that Suho was looking down. He then slowly took his arms down from the wall, and looked up at you.

“I’m……. sorry…..” Suho said before turning away and walking towards the elevator, leaving you dumbstruck.

Gahh……….. Calm down Suho….. You almost lost yourself there.. But she was just so beautiful, looking up at you with her doe-like eyes…. No man. Not yet……… Suho sighed in frustration as he went down the elevator. He exited the building and stumbled his way across the street and began towards his dorm, clutching his chest.

Park Haneul…….. Why does my chest hurt so much every time I leave you…… Suho told himself as he continued to sigh.

You, on the other hand, remained frozen while to tried to calm yourself down. When Suho’s face was so close to yours, you couldn’t control your heartbeat and your blushing. Suddenly you felt very hot, and fanned yourself.

What is this feeling? I feel so happy but so confused……. You thought to yourself as you slowly made it back into your dorm.

You took a shower, changed, and jumped onto your bed. Before you went to sleep, you reached for your phone, and went to messages. You then stared at your ring for a while, and focused on the engraved S. You then sent a text before falling asleep.

Back at his dorm, Suho had just taken a shower as well. While he was towel-drying his hair, he received a message. He checked his phone, and got excited when he saw your name.

“Thank you. <3” Suho stared at the message, and focused on the heart. You confused him so much sometimes.

Is she interested in me or not? Or is this whole thing just my imagination? Suho thought. He sighed with frustration as he continued to dry his hair.


OH MYYYYY I think this is the longest chapter I’ve ever written…  I don’t know guys… Should I keep on writing chapters as long as this? >_< I know this may not be long at all compared to other stories.. Just for a noob like me :P