Why me?

Secret Dreams

Hee hee enjoy~ It's a melange of MiyoungxKai, HaneulxJoon and HaneulxSuho today!


Miyoung was packing up on an early Sunday morning. Her flight was set to depart at noon, but she wanted to be early just in case. She was glad to be going back home, but she would miss the people here in Korea…. namely Haneul and Jongin oppa. Oh, and Joon of course.

Hmm….. Would Jongin oppa possibly- nahhhh I shouldn’t ask…… Miyoung sighed in frustration.

She had really wanted to meet Jongin one more time before she left, but she doubted he would have time because of his very busy schedule. She sighed, and just decided to leave for the airport by herself. Haneul was busy too, but had bid her best wishes back in the states.

“Miyoung! Come back and visit soon, ok? And don’t forget about me~” you said through the call. You felt bad about not taking Miyoung to the airport, but the nearing debut date made you really busy.

“I won’t Haneul hahaha and good luck with your secret business!! I’ll be cheering you on!!”

“Thanks Miyoung…. Sorry I couldn’t make it to see you off…”

“It’s fine! I know you’re busy, so don’t worry about me!”

Miyoung arrived at the airport around 30 minutes before the plane’s departure. Before she crossed into the area where only the people with tickets could enter, she turned around, and surveyed the airport. She took in all the sights and took a deep breath before turning around to face the growing line of travelers when she heard someone call her name.

“Miyoung!!”

Miyoung was about to turn around to face the voice when she felt someone wrap their arms around her waist. She instantly recognized the familiar smell, and felt overjoyed.

“O-oppa…….. what are you doing here? How did you know-“

“Why didn’t you tell me you were leaving already?” Kai’s voice was slightly muffled from his mask that he was using as his disguise.

“I didn’t want to burden you…” Miyoung’s voice trailed off.

“So you were going to leave without a good-bye?”

“Y-yes…”

When Kai had left for Korea back when they were in LA, he hadn’t given Miyoung a formal good-bye either. I guess she wanted me to know how I felt when I left her….. I’m sorry Miyoung….

Kai let go of Miyoung and turned her around, her face red from the contact. Kai gripped her by her shoulders, and looked into her eyes.

“Miyoung…….. can you wait for me?”

“……..what do you mean….?”

“Can you wait for me, Miyoung?” Kai was serious. Both knew what he meant.

“Y-yes…….. I’ll wait for you, oppa,” Miyoung whispered as she leaned in on her tippy toes to give Kai a peck on his lips through his mask. Kai’s cheeks became rosy pink, but his mask covered the shade.

After a bit of an awkward silence, Miyoung smiled, bowed a little, and turned around to join the line of travellers. Before she made it to the line, though, Kai said one more thing.

“I noticed…..” Kai began.

“Hmm?”

“your earrings……. They look beautiful on you,” Kai said, making Miyoung blush.

“Mhmmm…. I never forgot what you said that day oppa.”

“Yeah……”

“Well, good-bye, Jongin oppa,” Miyoung whispered, not wanting any fans around to take notice of the situation. She finally entered the line, gave the lady her ticket, and turned around to give Jongin one more look before leaving. Jongin just stared at her, with an expressionless look on his face.

Thanks for everything, oppa, but I’m afraid about what will happen in the future… Miyoung said to herself, trying to hold back tears. She wiped away her watery eyes and continued walking to the gate.

Aish……. Why was I so stupid…. Man I should have come here earlier… Kai growled in frustration as he began to make his way back to the taxi. He had another schedule today, but once he found out through Haneul that Miyoung’s flight was set to depart Incheon at noon, he couldn’t just let her leave without a final good-bye. I hope you can wait for me, Miyoung…. Because I’m determined to wait for you with all my heart. (ahhh cheeeeeese!!)

 

Weeks pass by, and turn into months, and soon, it’s already winter. It was your second winter spent in Korea, and you braced yourself for the unreliable weather.

Practice these days were a bit rough, because even though you guys had started to practice songs for the debut album, you had a hard time mastering your parts. You guys hadn’t even started the choreography or mv filming, so you began to worry if you could really pull everything off and debut as a strong girl group.

Ever since that strange man in a suit tried to kidnap you in the building, you always had your cautions up. You didn’t tell anyone, because the man never came back. You were wary, but didn’t allow the incident to ruin your mood 24/7.

“Heyy Subin~~ Do you wanna go out shopping with me today?” you asked.

“Ahh sorry Haneul…. Lately I’ve been feeling sick, so I just want to rest today,” Subin said, coughing slightly.

“Oh ok sorry…. I hope you get better…” It was super important not to get sick, because if you were sick, your singing, dancing, and overall looks were all affected, which were crucial if you wanted to succeed as a kpop singer.

You decided to explore around by yourself, because you didn’t have anyone else to ask. Suho was out of the question because of his busy schedule. Miyoung had left months ago, and you didn’t really want to ask Joon just cause it was still a bit awkward around him.

“Ahhh I guess today I’ll just enjoy a day to myself,” you sighed as you walked around the busy streets.

First, you bought a cup of coffee from the nearby café, and carried it around with you as you looked at stores and entered little boutiques, hoping to find something cute. The weather was getting really cold, and you cursed at yourself for not bundling up even more. You exited the Etude House store, and made your way to the next clothing boutique when noticed there was some sort of event out in the streets. People were crowding around it, and out of curiosity, you decided to see what the commotion was all about.

“Please try our fresh, warm, homemade noodles!! They are handmade in a family-owned business, and we use all-natural ingredients that are good for your health!!” Joon was handing out flyers and shouting at the potential customers, his ears so red because of the cold.

“Oh!! Haneul!!! What are you doing here?” Joon asked as he immediately noticed you.

“O-oh…. Hey Joon! I was just walking around and was wondering what was going on,” you said.

“Do you want to try our noodles?” Joon suddenly asked.

“S-sure….” You said. When you tasted the sample, though, your eyes widened. They were delicious, and much better than you expected.

“Wow, they’re really good! I hope your family business does well!” You kept on slurping the noodles, because hot noodles on a cold day were perfect. Joon just chuckled at your cuteness.

“Wait a second, ok?” Joon said before disappearing to the back of the event where a truck held all the equipment. He soon reappeared, except he was out of his yellow noodle uniform, and instead was wearing his casual clothes. “Haneul, I want to buy you something,” Joon said, all of a sudden. You almost spat your noodles out.

“What?”

“I felt really bad about last time we met…. So as an apology, I wanted to do something for you,” Joon said.

“Nonono it’s fine, Joon. I already almost forgot about it anyways,” you said.

“No I insist. Plus my shift here already ended a couple of minutes ago, so I’m free! C’mon! Let’s go,” Joon said as he dragged you out of the crowd and into a different street full of boutiques and stands.

As you guys were walking, a sudden gust of wind blew through the street, and you tensed, bracing a piercing gust of cold air. You closed your eyes for the blow, when you felt something warm and fluffy on your neck. You opened your eyes to see Joon taking off his maroon knit scarf and wrapping it around your neck.

“Joon, it’s fine, you should wear your scarf,” you began as you tried to put it back on Joon.

“No, it’s fine. You look colder than me. Winters in Korea are a lot colder than the ones in LA, eh? I actually get a lot of uses out of that scarf here rather than in the actual place I bought in.”

“Oh yeah….. This scarf.. It was the one you bought at graduation day, right?” You sensed the familiarity.

“Yeah!! Dang, you remember? I swear, you remember everything,” Joon chuckled as he ruffled your hair.

You guys went through different shops, but everything Joon suggested to buy for you was too expensive, and considering Joon’s family’s financial situation, you didn’t want to impose anything on him. Time flew by, and you guys were exhausted.

“Joon, how about next time we-“

“Haneul! Look! It’s perfect!” Joon exclaimed as he ran over to a jewelry stand. Joon immediately picked up a silver ring.

Hmmmm….. this looks oddly familiar…… oh my… You instantly recognized the ring, the stand, and the sales lady. This was the jewelry stand where Suho had bought you your couple ring. You looked down on your hand, and saw the ring still there.

“Hey Haneul……… oh.. I never noticed that before,” Joon said, pointing to your ring.

“O-oh it’s just a ring that Miyoung gave me…” you stuttered.

Joon put down the ring he was holding, and opted for a necklace instead. He held up a pair of couple necklaces. One had a J engraved on it, while the other had an H engraved on it.

“Hey pretty youngun’! That necklace set is on sale for 20,000 Won, just for you honeybun!” the lady said.

“Wah really?? Thank you so much!!” Joon said as he paid the sales lady. The lady then looked over at you, and stared for a while before a knowing look entered her eyes.

“Oh! I remember you agasshi!! You were the one who came with another hunky fella before! And look! You still have your other ring on! Wah, kids sure move on fast these days,” the lady said, chuckling.

“We’re not a couple,” you blurted out before you could stop. Joon had a hurt expression on his face, until he realized what the lady said.

 Joon looked over at you, and you just stared at him.

Haneul came here before… with a different guy….? Joon became suspicious of Haneul…

“I thought you said-“

“It was my cousin!” You said, much too quickly. “The guy was my cousin! He was so happy that I visited him that he wanted to buy me something, but the ring was on sale, so he just bought it for me. I said it was from Miyoung, because I gave her the other ring,” you tried to explain. Joon’s eyebrows slowly lowered, but he still had an ounce of suspicions about you.

“Oh……. I guess that’s understandable,” Joon remarked, and you sighed. Phew! Close one!

“Well, anyways, turn around,” Joon said. You obeyed, and Joon raised your hair and put the necklace with the J embroidered on it around your neck. Joon himself put on the necklace with the H embroidered on it.

“Isn’t this great? Now we’ll always be together,” Joon said, touching his necklace.

“Y-yeah…..” you said, not wanting to ruin the moment. You were kinda nervous about accepting the gift, because if Suho found out the meaning behind the gift, you weren’t sure how he was going to react. Still, Joon was so kind as to buy you a gift, so you couldn’t reject it.

“Thanks Joon. Thanks for everything,” you said, looking up at Joon’s smiling face. The necklace was really pretty, despite being on sale, and when you looked at it in the mirror back home, you couldn’t help but smile.

“Dang Haneul, you’re getting blinged up these days! What’s up with all the new jewelry? Snag any guys?” Subin giggled, brushing her hair.

“Haha stop it.. My childhood friend bought it for me…. Joon, remember?” you said. Subin paused for a second, and then nodded knowingly. You had told her about all your high school friends before, and Subin pretty much knew your entire life.

“Oh yeahhhh him! He’s really cute! Aww I wish I had a boyfr- er I mean friend like that,” Subin smiled.

“He’s not my boyfriend, Subin. Just a really close friend,” you said, groaning.

“But he’s so cute, buying you stuff! He even gave you his scarf to use! Ugh, too adorable,” Subin said.

“Oh no!!! I can’t believe it! I forgot to return that scarf to him!” you sighed.

“See he has everything planned out. This way, you guys have to meet again so you can give him his scarf back,” Subin smiled mischievously. You just groaned at Subin’s efforts to pair you with Joon.

“Anyways, we gotta keep on practicing man! I’m pretty sure we’re gonna debut sometime next year,” Subin said. You began to feel excited. Finally, after almost two years of training, three for Subin, you guys would debut!

“Yeah, I guess our free time will slowly become non-existent,” you said, referring to their sunbae singers’ intrusions of their privacy. Sasaeng fans were common, and scary. Hopefully, since you guys were new, you wouldn’t have to deal with them so soon.

You jumped on your bed, and looked at your necklace as well as your ring, holding one in each hand. Your feelings were torn. You liked Joon as a friend, but you like Suho as more than a friend. Yet, you had couple jewelry items from both of them. You sighed, and turned to your side to try to fall asleep. It was late, and you would have to get up early tomorrow to train.

The next morning, you woke up, got dressed, washed up, and left to go practice. It was very early in the morning, and the weather was very cold, so you were bundled up with a scarf and a parka with a few coats underneath. It was still sort of dark outside, and you began to make your way to the bus station. Subin was still asleep, because you woke up much earlier that day. Normally you two would walk together, but today, you just felt like getting up earlier.

As you waited for the bus to come, you noticed that it was eerily quiet that morning. You looked around, and noticed only a few people walking down the streets.

Suddenly, you got that feeling; that feeling of being watched. Your heartbeat rose and you panicked. You looked around cautiously, trying to survey the scene without looking too alert. You didn’t want whoever was watching you to notice that you knew they were there. The bus began to arrive, and you were still tense, ready to face anything. You were able to ride the bus, however, with no obstructions, and tried to calm down during the ride. Once you got off the bus near the SM building, however, the feeling came back again.

Did they follow me all the way here? You then noticed a black sedan out of the corner of your eye, which looked very similar. Where have I seen that car before?

You gasped when you realized something; that black car was outside the building the day that you were almost kidnapped by the man in the black suit, and it had also passed by you this morning when you had walked to the bus station.

Realizing that you had awkwardly paused in the middle of the street, you continued to walk, not looking back at the car. You had to outsmart your pursuers, whoever they were. You immediately regretted not waiting with Subin this morning, for you had never noticed the black car whenever you were with SOMEone. You entered the building, and began to make your way to the elevator to go up to the floor of the practice room. Thankfully, you made it into the elevator with no problems, and the doors closed, leaving you time to contemplate and critically think about what was happening.

I haven’t done anything wrong, so why are people stalking me?? How do they even know about me? I was always quiet in class, and never said anything offensive…… Why…….

Before you could finish your thoughts, your eyes opened and you gasped a little when the elevators opened at the next floor.

“S-sajangnim?!?” Your mouth hanged open as the president of SM, Lee Soo Man, stood in front of you. He noticed you, smiled, and nodded his head as he entered the elevator. Both of you guys were going to the practice room, it seemed.

You awkwardly bowed to him, and turned to face the door. You hadn’t really talked to Lee Soo Man a lot, because he was the CEO, the big guy. After what felt like hours, you guys exited the elevator, and you found out that he was going to the dance practice room as well, which surprised you. You opened the door for him, and he entered, nodding his head. You trailed after him, and began preparing to practice when you noticed someone else entered the room. You turned around to see who it was, when your eyes lit up.

“Sajangnim, why did you ask me to come so early to-“ Suho stopped when he saw that you were in the room too, ready to practice. He stared at you, but not for too long, before turning his attention back to Mr. Lee, who was already sitting down on the chair near the mirrors.

“Very good, Joonmyun-ah. Please, come over. You too, Haneul-ah,” Mr. Lee said, pointing at you. You gulped, and cold sweat began to form. What could he possibly want with you and Suho out of all the other people in the world?!

“The reason I called you two today was because of something that I wanted both of your guys’ inputs on,” Mr. Lee began.

You and Suho both looked at each other, panic and nervousness plaguing your guys’ faces. Lee Soo Man never failed to make any artist nervous.

Has he noticed something between Suho and I?! We’ve concealed everything very well though… Oh no.. If sajangnim found out what Suho and I have been doing then…..

Your worried face turned into shock and surprise at Lee Soo Man’s next words.

“How about featuring Haneul here in EXO’s next music video?” Lee Soo Man asked. Suho’s eyes opened wide, and your mouth dropped. “I called you, Suho, because you’re the leader of the group, and I always trust your decisions,” Lee Soo Man continued. “I think that Haneul here has been working very hard since she came, and I think she deserves some screen time.” It was obvious that you and Suho were two of Lee Soo Man’s favorites. You blushed, and suddenly felt very happy.

You bowed in thanks to Mr. Lee, who just smiled, turning his attention back to Suho. Everybody was wating.

“Well……?”

“Y-yes… I m-mean of c-c-course! I think it’s a very good idea sir,” Suho said. You sighed in relief.

“Yes! Very good! I was going to feature her in EXO’s next M/V anyways, but it’s good to know that you agree with me, son,” Lee Soo Man chuckled. You smiled at Suho, and relaxed a bit. Thank goodness he didn’t find out about my relationship with Suho… you thought.

“Oh, and another thing. I’m planning to debut you girls sometime next year, but we’re still unsure as to how things will be, but this music video we’re talking about will be before then, so it will stir up a lot of interest for you girls,” Lee Soo Man winked. “Joonmyun-ah, I think you’ll be one of the main characters in the storyline this time. Nothing’s finalized yet, but it’s your time to shine.”

Suho and you bowed, thanking Lee Soo Man profusely and saying that you two will work hard. You couldn’t hide your grin any longer, and your eyes twinkled with excitement.

Me… Park Haneul…… in a music video?!?! With EXO?!?!? You got a bit dizzy, but your determination fired your conscience, and you looked forward to your screen debut.

“Oh, for now, don’t tell anyone about this, because there are plenty who would disagree with me.. but I’m the founder, so they can’t say no,” Lee Soo Man grinned. He then bid you two goodbyes, and left the room, leaving you and Suho alone.

“I-I can’t believe it oppa,” you began as you cried into his chest. You hugged him tightly, and Suho hugged you back, patting your head.

“You deserved it, Haneul-ah,” Suho grinned. He was so proud of you, and felt as happy as a mom does when she sees her child win the spelling bee or something.

“At first, I was really nervous though,” you confessed. “I thought sajangnim had found out about our….”

“Our wha-OH…….. Yeah, me too,” Suho sighed. “It’s ok. We’re pretty good at hiding it, aren’t we?”

“Yeah,” you said as you took a deep breath. You could smell Suho’s freshly sprayed cologne. Although you didn’t really like cologne, Suho’s was ok. “Oppa, I’ll make you proud.”

“Of course you will, Haneul. You’re doing great already,” Suho replied, smiling into your eyes. Suddenly, you heard the bell ring, signaling that someone else had entered the room. You two froze when you guys saw who was at the door.

o_o


Dun dun dun!! Thanks for reading guys!! <3 I've been trying to plan this story out, but I can never settle on an idea.. I even think about it during class, which is bad because I can never focus. T^T Idk what to do~ But until then, please love, comment, and subscribe to this story~ b/c it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. c: