A Long Plane Ride

Secret Dreams

10:25pm. Hehe I just feel like saying the time when I write..

Enjoy~ ^_^


After your first successful audition for S.M. Entertainment, you were called back for further auditions. You finally were accepted by the company around mid-June. Since you were already 18 years old, you did not have to have your parents’ permission to sign the contract with the company. You were relieved, because you did not want them to know what you were up to.

The only problem, though, was that you had to begin your training in Korea the next week, but you had no idea how you were to tell your parents. You decided to tell your parents that you had found a summer program offered by Stanford University, the university you planned to attend in the fall, and that it was located in Korea. Your parents were reluctant at first, but when they found out that it was offered by Stanford, they did not hesitate to send you to Korea.

“Oh yeah.. by the way, mom, dad, I decided to study abroad at Korea for my first year in college,” you stated.

“What? Why is that? I thought you liked it here in California?” your mom inquired.

“Oh, it’s just that I really want to experience what college is like in Korea,” you lied. In actuality, you were going to Korea to train.

“Oh.. Well, as long as you study hard and graduate on time, I guess it’s fine!” your mom replied. She smiled. You sort of felt bad, because you hated lying to your parents. It’s just that their expectations from you were too high sometimes.. I got into S.M. Entertainment….! you thought to yourself. You knew that you could not lose this opportunity. It was like a dream come true.

The next week, you left for Korea. Your parents helped drive you to the airport, and saw you leave.

“Bye mom, bye dad, bye little bro,” you said as you hugged each of them. Your family was a bit surprised, however, by your long hugs.

“Noona, you’re only leaving for the summer. Calm down,” your brother said. You glared at him.

“I know. It’s just that I’m going to miss you guys so much,” you said, trying not to hint at anything.

“Good luck with everything, Haneul! This will be a great experience to write in your resume for future jobs and programs,” your dad said. Both he and your mom smiled proudly at you. You felt sick.

“Um.. thanks dad. I’ll see you guys soon,” you said. You looked at them one last time before going through the gate to the airplane. As you walked through the long corridor right before entering the plane, you started to tear. You were about to leave the family that had taken care of you all these years. You felt extremely bad for lying to them, but you had to. For your dream. You couldn’t imagine yourself just studying until you were too old to get married..

You got inside the plane, and tried to put your luggage up on the top shelf. You wished you were a little taller so that you could successfully put your bag without anybody’s help, but you were too short. You were so close to raising the bag, but then the bag hovered over the ledge. Just as you thought it would tumble down and hit your head, you tried to protect your head with your hands.

Suddenly, you felt someone lean behind you. The person leaned against you as he put his arms around you to catch the bag just before it hit you. He sort of trapped you in between his arms, and you didn't move, breathing in his scent that calmed you down for some reason. Just as you were about to face the pain of the bag falling on your head, you opened your eyes, and looked up to see your bag successfully inside the compartment. You smiled, but then realized that the person was still behind you.

You turned around to thank the helper, and were suddenly very awkwardly close to the person. You looked up as he was taller than you, and was a bit surprised to see who it was. Thank goodness; if it was face to face, you would be blushing like crazy right now.

“Ah.. it’s..you?” you asked, half talking to yourself, as you brushed the wisp of hair across your face.

The person, who was also a bit surprised to realize who he had helped, instantly opened his eyes wide when he remembered who you were.

“I’m sorry for suddenly getting close to you, but I didn’t want to see the bag fall on your head,” the person said.

“Oh… it’s ok. Thank you for your help,” you thanked him as you held out your hand for a handshake.

He was reluctant at first, because he was a bit shy with skinship, but he took your hand and shook it. You were taken aback by his gentle touch.

Just as he was about to turn around and leave to his seat, you caught his attention.

“Disneyland, right?” you asked, as you waited for his answer. He paused, and then looked like he was in deep thought.

“OH. Yeah, Disneyland,” he said as he smiled and winked at you again. Dang!! You almost melted because of his genuine smile again.. You were puzzled, but you thanked him again as he left. You sat down in your seat, still in deep thought.

I wonder if he remembers me, you thought. What was his name again? Aish what did that fan say? Was it.. ugh.. Suho.....? YEAH it was Suho! Dang it! I should have asked to confirm his name! You sort of talked to yourself and were frustrated, and the people around you stared at your antics. You realized what you were doing, and sheepishly apologized to the people.  Ahh whatever.. you thought. You remembered your successful audition into S.M. and smiled as you prepared for your 18 hour nonstop flight to Korea.

“Hyung! Where were you?” Tao asked as Suho sat down in his seat next to him. Suho remained silent, and just stared into blank space in front of him.

“…Hyung? SUHO HYUNG!” Tao yelled before Suho came to his senses.

“Oh, sorry Tao…........ I just saved a person from losing her memory due to a concussion,” Suho joked. Tao just stared at him. “I mean, her bag was about to fall on her head, so I had to catch it, or else her face would have been ruined.......”

“Ahh hyung.. Always helping out the underdogs. You take care of others too much, even strangers,” Tao commented. He started settling into his seat.

“Yeah…” Suho said, as he was lost in thought once again. In actuality, you had been on his mind his entire stay in LA. That evening, on the ride back to his hotel, Suho had tried to recall every single detail of you so that he would never forget you, in case you guys would meet again, by fate. He didn’t know why you caught his attention.. just something about you made him curious. I can’t believe it..... I thought I would never meet her again. She fit perfectly in between my arms.. And her hands were so soft and delicate..dat handshake doe.. Suho thought. He realized who she was the second she turned around. Of course, Suho tried to play it cool and not like some creeper, and acted like he didn’t remember you until you remembered him first. Dang it! I should have asked her for her name! Suho kicked his head back and sighed.

“Hyung, you ok?” Tao asked.

“Yeah Tao.. it’s nothing..” Suho replied as he thought about you. I better get her name before she leaves the gate at arrival, he thought. He then settled into his seat and prepared for the long flight.


Teehee, another short Suho moment! ^_^ I hoped you enjoyed the update!! 11:08pm. Wah, I finished this chapter quicker than usual! (I try to write fluff.. I try.. +_+)

Thanks for reading~ <3