The Trainee Life

Secret Dreams

Hello dear readers~ please enjoy this update once again!

School is making me very busy, but since I write my chapters a couple of days earlier, I try to update regularly. :D


Suho failed. He failed to get your number before you left the gate after exiting the plane, because the crowd of people that surrounded him, mostly his fans, prevented him from catching up to you. You, of course, didn’t know what Suho was trying to do, and just briskly exited the gate and made your way to luggage arrival.

“Aigoo..” Suho quietly said to himself. A look of concern was plastered across his face as he kept on trying to search for you. Eventually, he gave up, and tried to focus on his task of getting past the crowd.

You picked up your luggage, and found the sign of the S.M. employee who was supposed to pick you up.

HANEUL PARK, it said in big letters. The man holding the sign looked very friendly, and smiled once he saw you walk up to him. He folded the sign in half, put it under his arm, and guided you to the exit, where a van was waiting to take you to the company to finalize your training life standards.

Suddenly, everyone around you two began to scream. You turned around to see what the commotion was, and noticed the same group of guys from Disneyland making their way across the airport. Fans swarmed the plaza, and it was hard to talk, hear, or interact with anyone during this time. One fan accidentally hit you as she was recording and running, and the S.M. employee immediately helped you from falling face first into the floor. Ugh, why were you always so close to smacking your face into something..

Anyways, as the employee managed to help you straighten yourself up, he forgot that he had dropped the sign with your name on it.

“C’mon. Let’s hurry before EXO passes by this way,” he said as he hurried you across the area to the exit.

Your sort of just followed him, dodging fans this way and that. Your clumsiness would help you one day, but you didn’t know that. Muhaha..

Little did you know that Suho had actually seen you pass by in the plaza before you disappeared into the crowd. Aish.. where’d she go.. he thought when he discovered a folded name sign on the floor.

HANEUL PARK, it said. Haneul Park, he told himself. Could this perhaps be..her name? he asked himself. Nahh.. he thought. He just continued to look for you before giving up once again.

“So, Miss Haneul Park. How was your plane trip?” the employee asked as he drove you to the company.

“Oh, it was fine. I slept for most of the ride,” you replied. You were actually still very tired because you were extremely jetlagged. You should have been sleeping at this hour back in LA.

“That’s very good. You’ll need all the energy you can get if you want to succeed here,” the employee said. He then started explaining to you in detail how the company worked, and about the typical life of a trainee.

A couple of hours later, you arrived at SM Town. Suddenly, you felt extremely insecure, because you realized that you were all alone. No family, no friends.

“Miss Haneul? Please follow me,” the employee said as he helped you out of the van. You followed him into the company, and were awed by the interior design. Like the headquarters back in LA, the people in the building in Korea seemed to be equally busy and frantic. You made your way up the elevator, and the employee guided you to a room where a lady was talking on the phone.

The lady saw you and the employee, put the phone down, and signaled for you to sit down in front of her desk. You did, and waited for her to finish her call.

Finally, she hung up and looked at you.

[Remember, you are pretty fluent in Korean since your parents made you practice since you were little, so communication in Korea wasn’t a big problem.]

“Welcome to the company. And your name is..?” she asked.

“Haneul Park,” you stated. You took a gander around the office.

“Oh! Welcome to the company. I need to finalize some details with you on your stay here in Korea.”

 You guys talked for about an hour, and finally decided that you would room with another female trainee who had also lived in the U.S. together in a decent apartment, somewhat close to the practice buildings. You had no choice, so you just accepted the facts and tried to remember everything the lady was saying. She gave you your trainee schedule.

On Mondays-Fridays, you would train from 11am to 10pm. Training not only included vocal, rap, and dance lessons, but also included classes in Chinese, Japanese, and acting. Since you were already fluent in Korean and English, you were not required to take those classes.

On Saturdays, you would train from 4pm to 12am or even longer, depending on what you needed to work on. Typically, you only practiced dancing in the late hours, because your voice would sound too husky and worn out when you were tired in the late hours.

Sundays were free days, and you could come to the practice rooms to continue practicing, or you could just rest and explore Korea.

Wah.. this is it. This is the big deal, you thought to yourself. You were excited, yet you dreaded the late hours of practice. The lady gave you directions and the papers to your apartment. The other trainee already knew you would be coming. You thanked the lady, left, and made your way downstairs. The friendly employee was waiting for you, and drove you to your apartment, which thankfully was closer than you thought. He helped you move in, and reminded you that you had a couple of days to rest before you would begin the intense training. He then gave you a cell phone to use during your stay in Korea, and smiled before he left you to settle into your new home.

You closed the door, and looked around. The apartment was a bit small, but big enough for two people. Once you entered, the living room was a bit small, with the tiny kitchen against the wall to the right. There was a dining table, two chairs, and a couch and a TV in the living room. On the left, there was the hallway that led to a bathroom on the right, and the bed room on the left. You took your luggage into the bedroom, and started to organize your things. There was a bunk bed on the right side of the room, and drawers on the left. You found a note on top of the drawers, and you guessed that it was left by the other trainee.

“Hi Haneul! My name is Subin, and I hope we become good friends! I’m actually training right now, but I heard you might arrive before I get home, so just kick back and feel free to make yourself comfortable. I hope you’re ok with using the top bunk, because I’m scared to sleep so high up. Anyways, nice to meet you!” You read the note a couple of times, before putting it down and organizing your clothes inside the drawers. You tossed your pillow and your favorite teddy bear up to the top bunk. You changed into some pajamas too. It was already almost 10pm, and you realized you were very hungry. You went to the refrigerator, and discovered a covered bowl of rice with some spam. There was a note on top.

“Hi Haneul! Just in case you were hungry.. You can just microwave this and eat it! –Subin” You felt extremely grateful, and heated and scarfed down the food. Not exactly the healthiest meal, but you hadn’t eaten at all since the plane ride. Afterwards, you washed the dishes, and made your way to the couch. Out of curiosity you the TV, and a music program was on. The MCs were introducing the new song.

“Please welcome this year’s DAESAE idols, EXO!!” The camera panned to the group next to them.

Just as you were about to see them do their introduction, you heard someone unlock the door. You turned off the TV immediately, and stood up to greet your roommate, Subin.

At first, all you could do was stare. You were taken aback by her beauty.

Subin was 19 years old, a year older than you, and had a model’s body at 170 cm tall. She had perfect, clear, pale skin, and her hair was tied up into a messy bun. She instantly saw you and smiled, and ran over to hug you.

“AHHH finally you’re here!!” Subin exclaimed as she hugged you. You just stood there, surprised by the sudden affections.

“Oh sorry. I’m Subin, and I’m also from the states! I’m sure the representatives already told you, but yup, I’m a trainee too. I’ve been training since last year. I’ve been so lonely too! I was so excited when they told me I would have a roommate, and at that, someone who’s also from the U.S.!”

Subin was a bit talkative, very friendly, and genuinely a warm person. You felt very relaxed around her, and knew that you two would become very close during your period as a trainee.

You two talked for hours about your childhoods, how you got casted, and your favorite hobbies and foods. Turns out, Subin also loved to eat, despite her flattering figure. She said she didn’t gain weight because she danced so much while training. Subin’s specialty was dancing. She loved to dance, and it was her success with dancing during her audition that she made it into the company. Oh, also with her good looks.

She then left to shower and change, and you made your way to the bedroom. You climbed to the top bunk, and then remembered to check your new phone. Since it was a smart phone, you did not hesitate to download some crucial SNS apps as well as some games. Out of curiosity, you tapped the contacts button, and found out that some phone numbers were already put into your address book. The numbers included some of S.M.’s employees’ numbers, as well as Subin’s. You quickly added your parents’ and your brother’s numbers. Subin then came out of the shower, you guys talked even more even though the lights were out and both of you were in your bunk beds. Soon, Subin drifted off into sleep. You, however, were sleepless. You were so thankful that your roommate was amazing, and that you had successfully made it to Korea. Trying to get rid of your jetlag, you tried to fall asleep..


Wahh it’s 12:30am now, so I apologize for grammar mistakes and typos.. >_<

I hope you enjoyed the chapter! :D Goodnight everyone~ (Anyone else watching the olympics??)