Friendly Faces

Secret Dreams

Hehe many more OCs than expected.. ^_T wahhh I usually write after I do my homework, which is around 12am, but nowadays I'm just so tired.. >_<;; school

Enjoy~ 


A couple of months had passed, and you adjusted well to the trainee life. You and Subin became the best of friends, which was helpful because you guys saw each other every single day.

Of course, since Subin had been already training for a year before you entered the company, she was overall skilled in many areas. She helped you a lot with dancing.

Since you could rap somewhat, the company decided to focus your training on rapping more. They were actually planning to debut a new girl group in the next few years, and so far, you were the only potential member that rapped.

Somehow, who knows HOW, you never seemed to run into Suho during training. It might have been because he trained into the later hours and had his EXO schedule to attend to during most days. Maybe the company might finally introduce you to them after a few more months of training..

August was nearing, which meant schools were starting to begin their fall semesters. You, however, would obviously continue to train. No school..

One afternoon, as you were taking the elevator up to go to training, right as the elevator opened, you met a friendly face.

“JOON!!!” you shouted as you ran towards him and hugged him. He was the first person you’d met that you knew from the states.

“Oh..ahhHH HANEUL!! IS THAT YOU?!” Joon exclaimed right before you tackled him. He felt instantly happy. 8D

“WOW! I can’t believe it! I never thought I’d meet you here!” you were too caught up in the moment to panic how you would explain your business here, in S.M. Entertainment!

“Yeah me neither.. You never told us you were visiting Korea this summer!” Joon said.

“Wait, Haneul… Why are you here though? Like in this building?” Joon inquired.

You froze. “You first!” you said.

“Oh.. well.. S.M. is holding an upcoming event and they wanted to cater noodles from my family’s business,” Joon explained.

“Oh!! I remember now!” you joked as you tried to change the topic. You walked with him outside the building. You were going to be late to practice, but you couldn’t have Joon see you go up the elevator and start dancing or something!

You guys ended up going to a nearby café, and had a cup of coffee while catching up on each others’ lives.

“So, when are you going back to the states, Joon?” you asked.

“Oh.. about that……. You see, I might not go back for the time being. The business is getting worse, and the economy certainly isn’t helping. Since I can speak English pretty well, I’m going to help out my grandparents extend their business,” Joon said. You just froze there..

What…? He’s not going back until next year, or even longer..?? You thought. This was not going to work out. How would you go to practice and wander around with Subin if you knew you might see Joon anywhere??

You guys finished your conversation, said goodbyes, and exchanged phone numbers. Suddenly, as you were about to leave first, you felt a pair of firm arms cup your body from the back. You were startled, and just waited.

“Haneul.. I missed you so much..” Joon said as he hugged you tighter. His familiar scent was comforting, and reminded you of your home back in the U.S... You felt warm and safe in his hug. Was Joon always this taller than me? you asked yourself.

Slowly, your hand went to touch his arms.

“Yeah Joon… I missed you too.”

Joon finally released you, and you turned around.

But nope, it doesn’t stop there.

Joon quickly pecked you on the cheek. You immediately flustered, and turned into a bright red cherry tomato.

“Aish Joon! You can’t do that all of a sudden!” you yelled.

“Hehe, sorry Haneul. See you later! Text me!” Joon said before he quickly left you dumbstruck in the café.

Dang it man! You gotta control your emotions around Haneul! Joon said to himself as he ran off.

“Oh shoot.. OH SHOOOOT I’M LATE!” you said before you ran off to the practice building.

You quickly and repeatedly clicked the same elevator button before it finally opened. You weren’t there when it actually opened, however, because you decided to take the stairs, thinking the elevator would never come down. Ah, so close, Haneul. Little did you know that when the elevator doors finally opened, it was Suho who was inside the elevator, coming down..

That night, you were supposed to train from 4pm-12am, but since you ran in late at around 6pm, you trained until the ungodly hours of 2-3am. The dancing instructor was especially not in a good mood that day, so you had to constantly repeat exhausting moves. Subin left before you, because she was going to go visit her family in Busan for the first time since she became a trainee. That meant that you would have tomorrow, Sunday, the whole day to yourself. You kept this in mind as you danced your heart out.

After some more individual practice, you left at around 3:30am, and stuttered down the hallway, to the elevator. You went down, and exited the building, leaning on anything you could find because you were so exhausted and tired. Seoul, however, was the city that never sleeps. It was loud and bustling with people even past 3am. You almost ran into every person you walked by, because your eyes were so sleepy that you couldn’t properly see where you were going.

“Hey! This little brat! Hey you! You almost ran me over!” shouted a man as he angrily glared at you.

“I’m sorry,” you mumbled, as you bowed down 90 degrees, and then continued to walk away.

Suddenly, you felt your collar being dragged behind you.

“Not so fast ya little punk. I need more than just an apology,” the man said. You could smell a strong scent of alcohol coming from the man.

Suddenly, you woke up, adrenaline rushing into your system. You realized you were in deep trouble, and tried to talk your way out of it.

“Haha.. Where you going? Are you scared? Don’t worry, oppa can fix that,” the man creepily said as he tried to grab at you.

“Hey! Ahjusshi!” you heard a person shout from behind.

“Ahjusshi! Come on! Stop picking on younger girls. Just go home and sleep it off!” shouted the person. You couldn’t see who he was.

Suddenly, a gentle, yet firm hand grabbed you and you started running away with the person, being dragged along technically.

“Aishh..you..guys…….come..back..here.!!” the man gurgled as he tried to see where you went.

The person kept on holding your arm as he dragged you away from the man. You kept on running, and looked up to see who the person was. His sunglasses, hat, and mask, however, prevented you from identifying your savior.

Finally, after what felt like hours of running, you two ended up running into a secluded alleyway. You and the other person began panting like crazy, out of breath and tired. You looked up, still panting, to thank the person and ask for their name. The person was looking away from you, still panting through his mask.

“E-excuse me.. but thank you for the help. I really mean it. You saved me back there haha,” you cautiously said.

“Hmph, er, no problem. I’m just glad I got to you in time,” he said, still not turning to face you.

You were confused.

“Um.. but who may I address this thanks to?” you asked, waiting..

“Oh, umm……….,” the person’s voice trailed off. He then finally turned around.

“What is your name, by the way?” Suho asked.

“Oh.. Haneul. Park Haneul,” you replied. Even though his voice was muffled, it sounded so soft and friendly... You then held out your hand to thank him again.

When your hands met, however, a static feeling surged through the both of you as you guys instantly somehow remembered a similar handshake from before. Well, Suho could see who you were, but you had no idea this was Suho. To you, he was simply your savior that helped you escape from big trouble.

Suho then left, and you were left alone in the alleyway. You quickly exited into the open street to look for him one last time, but he was gone. Disappointed, you caught the nearest bus, and rode back to your dorm.

Suho watched you enter the bus and take your seat. He was hiding behind the crowd of people. Earlier that day, he had thought that he saw you in a café, and came back to that area at night to see if he you catch a glimpse of you, in case you worked late in the café. Just as he was about to give up, he decided to stop by the entertainment building to check on something. That’s when he saw you, bewildered, and saved you from that creepy man. Her hands are still so soft.. he thought to himself. Park Haneul.. Park Haneul..... He repeated your name all the way until he made it back to his own dorm.


Wahh! I kept on rewriting this chapter because I didn’t know how it would work out! I hope you guys enjoyed it though~ I SWEAR I’ll quicken things up now in their relationship. :D