Strange Happenings..

Secret Dreams

Woohoo it's friday!!! 


It was any other trainee weekday, and you arrived at the practice building brand-spankin’ early to fit in as much practice as you could. You were dubbed the octopus of the group because for some reason, you couldn’t coordinate your dance moves and your limbs flailed around like an octopus. As you walked towards the building, you stared at the ring on your hand and smiled at the memories.

You entered the building and turned around the corner to get to the elevators, but right as you turn the corner, somebody grabbed you, covering your mouth. Your adrenaline spiked and you tried to scream and fight back, but the the person wouldn’t let go. You couldn’t breathe, and you tried to fight but the man was too strong. Right as you thought that you were about to faint, the man miraculously let go of you, and you fell to the floor on your knees, gasping for breath and coughing. You looked up, only to see somebody trying to fight the big man.

Still dizzy from the lack of oxygen, you couldn’t see clearly at first.

Whoz that…….. is…that…. SUHO?!?!??!?!?

Suho was punching and beating the big guy in the suit that had tried to capture you. Although the big guy looked like he could snap Suho in half any minute, he looked like he was holding back. Suddenly, he put his hand to his ear, adjusting his Bluetooth device. He then grunted something, and hurriedly left the scene.

“Don’t come back!” Suho yelled, before he turned to you. He helped you get up, and held your arms to support you.

“Haneul?!?!?! What was that?!?? Who was it? Are you ok?? Did he hurt you?!?!?” Suho asked before bringing you to a hug. Suho was super worried about you. He had just come early to go to a meeting when he heard something strange near the elevators. He then saw you struggling to be free of a big man in a suit, and instantly, he knew something was wrong.

“Y-yeah…… thank you oppa,” you managed to whisper. You were totally lost as to what had just happened. You hadn’t done anything particularly impressive or criminal-worthy in your life, and you were confused as to why you were attacked in such a way.

“Have you been doing anything sketchy these days, Haneul?” Suho joked, but his eyes were still worried and concerned.

“Haha no…. I’m confused too…..” you said. You really didn’t know….

I better start carrying around some pepper spray….. you said to yourself.

Suho decided to walk you to the practice room, because you were still a bit traumatized. He put his arm around your shoulder, totally acting like your man, and you guys walked inside the elevator. The doors began to close when…

“Wait!!! Please!”

You instinctively clicked the open doors button on the elevator, and Suho took his arm off of you, thinking that it was some executive worker in the company who could report any suspicious activity.

“Thank you……”

You looked up to see who it was, and BAM.

It was Joon.

Your eyes went like o_o and Joon’s eyes went like O_O and you guys just paused and stared at each other. Instantly, you went back to the incident where Joon tried to kiss you, and you felt extremely awkward.

Suho noticed something was off, and quickly tried to make things less awkward.

“Hey, aren’t you gonna get on?” Suho asked Joon.

“O-oh……. Yeah…… sorry,” Joon mumbled, not taking his eyes off of you.

Joon actually felt really bad about the past incident, and tried to think of ways to make it up to you, but he didn’t expect to meet you again so soon. Joon decided to act like nothing had happened, and began to talk incessantly. He put his arm around your shoulder, just like old times. Your eyes opened even wider, and you looked at Joon, shaking your head “No” but Joon didn’t notice and just kept on talking.

“So cool how we meet again, Haneul! I’m actually here because of my family’s business again you know? I heard that we’re catering for an event again for SM… by the way… why are you here again?? Does your family have some business with this company too?” Joon asked.

You panicked, and tried to find a way out. You looked back at Suho, who was now burning his eyes into Joon. He looked furious, and jealous, and a bit cute.

“O-oh yeah…. My cousin wanted to join the company, so I’m getting some more information about the auditions for her,” you lied.

“Oh really?!?! That’s awesome! Maybe then we can meet each other a bit more if your cousin gets into the company,” Joon said. He really wanted to see you more these days…

When the elevator arrived at Joon’s floor, he left, but not before giving you a warm bear hug. You just kind of took it, instead of returning the hug, because you knew Suho was looking. When Joon finally left, and the elevator doors closed tight, it was again only you and Suho. You stayed quiet at first, not turning around to face Suho. You admitted that you were kinda scared, but you knew you had to explain everything to Suho right away, because you didn’t want to cause more misunderstandings.

Nervously, you turned around. You saw Suho staring at you with an expressionless face, and you laughed nervously.

“So…….. who is he?” Suho asked.

“Let me explain. His name is Joon, and he’s one of my high school friends from the states,” you said. You began to tell Suho everything, except for all the times that Joon tried to show his feelings towards you, because you knew Suho wouldn’t be so silent the next time Joon tried to flirt with you.

“Got it? Joon is just my childhood friend. He’s just….. very touchy sometimes, but we’re just friends ok?”

Suho tried not to break in, but you stared at him with doe-eyes..

“Mm? Besides, oppa, I’m yours, and your mine, remember?” you said as you raised your hand to show Suho that you still wore the couple rings he gave you.

Suho’s expression instantly brightened, and he finally sighed, and brought you into a hug.

“I’m sorry for doubting you again… It’s just that… I guess I have some trust issues,” Suho said..

“I understand….” You said.

Suho finally walked you to the room, and you kissed Suho on the cheek before he left, turning his cheeks bright red. Even though you guys had known each other for a while now, you always managed to make his heart stop a beat whenever you kissed him.

After you waved bye to him, you turned around and entered the dance practice room. You noticed that nobody was here, as expected, and began to walk to the chairs to drop your stuff off when suddenly somebody grabs you from the side and almost slams you to the wall.

Aish….. Who is it this time? You said as you immediately began to panic.

When you struggled and broke off to see your attacker, you saw that it was Kai.

What? Kai? Why would he-

“How do you know Miyoung?” Kai asked, with a very serious stare. He began to walk to you slowly.

“S-she’s my childhood friend..” you managed to say before slowly backing away. Kai acted very weird whenever it came to Miyoung.

“Is she ok? How is she? Does she mention me at all?” Kai asked, stopping and looking deeply into your eyes.

“Y-yeah… She’s fine…… She talks about you sometimes,” you said.

Suddenly, Kai grabbed your hand with both of his, and looked at you.

“Will you tell Miyoung that I’m sorry? Please….” Kai asked.

“Sure……” you said. Kai was sometimes too intimidating to question.

Finally, Kai let go of you, and you quickly straightened yourself up and began to practice in the other corner of the room. Out of the corner of your eye, you could see that Kai was just sitting on the floor, staring off into space. You knew something was bothering him, and it had something to do with Miyoung. You turned around and stopped the music playing.

“Kai oppa”

Kai shook out of his trance and looked up at you.

“Miyoung…… Aish she told me not to tell you, but…..”

“What is it?” Kai looked urgent.

“She’s leaving back to the U.S. soon……. And she probably won’t come back for a while,” you said.

Kai froze, and just stared at the wall.

I’m sorry, Miyoung….. but Kai oppa does really care for you….. you shook your head and turned around and the dance music again.

The day went on as usual, and during one of your dance practice breaks, you checked your phone and were surprised to see 13 missed calls…..all from Miyoung!! You quickly excuse yourself and go out into the hallway to call her to see if everything is alright. What you didn’t know was that Kai was walking down the hallway, but stopped and listened when he heard you say Miyoung’s name.

“Haneul!!! What took you so long?! I called you so many times!!”

“Sorry Miyoung!! But hey is everything ok? Why’d you call?” you asked.

“Help me Haneul!! There’s this one guy that’s been stalking me for the past few days, and today, he came up to me and kept on asking me for my phone number… it’s really creepy!!” Miyoung sounded really scared. She wasn’t exactly the strongest person out there, nor the fastest.

“What?! Did that guy try anything else?” you asked. Kai overheard and immediately became angry at the possibility of another guy doing something with Miyoung.

“Wat? You’re at the subway station? Ok I’ll get there as soon as I can,” you said before hanging up. You make your way back to the door when Kai runs by, almost running into you.

“Don’t worry about Miyoung; I’ll get to her,” Kai yelled down from the hallway just before he turned the corner.

You were speechless, and considered going with Kai, but he had already left. You were already late to rehearsal anyway, so you quickly scurried back to the room. You trusted Kai to save Miyoung.

As Kai was running, he took his sunglasses off of his shirt and put them on, and used his plaid shirt wrapped around his hips as a makeshift scarf. Thank goodness he already had a hat on. The last thing he wanted was for his fans to get in the way between him and Miyoung in the super crowded subway station. Finally, after lots of dodging and sprinting, Kai arrived at the scene, and it didn’t take him long to find out where Miyoung was.

“S-stay back! I don’t know you!” Miyoung shouted at the strange, creepy man. He was trying to get Miyoung’s phone number, and jabbed his hand out to grab her phone from her hand.

“Why are you being like this? Are you still mad at me for what happened yesterday? You’re so cute when you’re angry,” the creepy man said. He was lying on purpose so that the people around them wouldn’t get suspicious and would think that they were just a noisy couple.

“What do you mean?! I don’t even know you, you creep!” Miyoung shouted. She knew she couldn’t outrun him, so she just kept on facing him so he wouldn’t try to grab her. While Kai was watching this creepy man try to hit on Miyoung he was furious. Kai tried to think of a way to get Miyoung out of the situation without any fist fighting.

Finally, Kai thought of a plan.

“Hey, ahjusshi, what do you think you’re doing to my girlfriend?” Kai smoothly entered the scene, standing between the old man and Miyoung, protecting her. Miyoung knew instantly from the voice who it was.

The man looked up and stared at Kai in a funny way, most likely because of his disguise.

“Girlfriend? Hah you must be kidding me… I’M her boyfriend,” the man obviously lied. People began to whisper around them.

“If I catch you trying to make another move on MY girlfriend, then you’d better say goodbye to that face of yours,” Kai sneered as he protectively hugged Miyoung, catching her offguard.

G-girlfriend…? Jongin oppa…. I’m his…… girlfriend……? Miyoung began to get dizzy from the surge of feelings.

“Come on, let’s get away from this ahjusshi,” Kai said to Miyoung before turning away and dispersing into the crowd, leaving the man dumbfounded.

For a while, Kai and Miyoung just kept on walking, with Kai’s arm still protectively over Miyoung’s shoulder. She looked up at Kai, and felt extremely happy to be next to him. They eventually made it out to a small road, where few cars drove by and it wasn’t as populated as the other busy streets. Kai finally removed his makeshift scarf, but left his sunglasses on. The entire walk had been silent, because neither person knew what to say to each other. Suddenly, Miyoung felt Kai grab her hand, and squeeze it tightly. Surprised, she looked up at him, who was smiling. Hand in hand, they walked down the road like a true couple. Miyoung’s heart was beating like crazy, and the feeling of walking down with Kai’s hand over hers made her question of this was a dream or reality.

“So…… oppa…..”

“hmm?”

“How’d you know I was here?”

“Oh-er-umm…….” Kai ruffled his hair trying to think of an excuse.

Miyoung giggled, and could see right through Kai’s efforts.

“Haha it’s ok…… I guess what’s important is that you helped me get away from that creepy man,” Miyoung said.

Kai was scanning the area, trying to make sure that nobody was suspiciously walking or following him. As he was walking with Miyoung, however, he saw the figure of a girl who looked strangely similar, walking down the street on the opposite side. When he looked closer, he recognized that it was Subin!

“Miyoung, let’s go in here,” Kai said as he ushered her into the nearby store. Kai knew he couldn’t get caught, especially by Subin because of her immense curiosity.

“Why are we-“

“I’m thirsty. Choose a drink for me,” Kai said, trying to distract her. Kai knew if they stayed here until Subin passed, things would be alright.

Sadly, however, the doorbell ringed after a few seconds, indicating a new customer had entered the store. Kai looked to see who it was, and it was none other than his dance buddy, Subin.

“Oh! Kai oppa! What are you doing here?” Subin asked, kinda loudly. It was her style.

“Hey Subin.. Just buying a drink,” Kai said.

Miyoung looked up to see who it was, and recognized that it was the same girl that had flirted with Kai in front of the SM building. Miyoung instantly frowned, but tried to hide it, because the girl looked really nice.

“And who’s this?” Subin asked, glancing at Miyoung.

“Oh….. She’s just a friend from my study abroad period,” Kai said nonchalantly.

Ouch…. Miyoung knew that she was just that, but getting demoted from girlfriend to study abroad friend in less than 10 minutes hurt.

“Wahh she’s so pretty!! Excuse me, but what’s your name? I’m Subin.”

“Hello, I’m Miyoung.” Miyoung tried to fake a smile, but she couldn’t. Not when Subin was all laughing and smiley and playfully punching Kai.

Subin and Kai talked for a few more seconds before Subin left first. Kai looked really happy around Subin.

“So……… who was that?” Miyoung asked.

“Oh, just a fellow trainee from our company.”

“Is that it?”

“What do you mean….”

“You guys seem very close, that’s all,” Miyoung said, averting Kai’s gaze.

“Well, we’re both the main dancers, so we help each other a lot and end up hanging out a lot too,” Kai explained.

“Ohh……..”

“Why…… are you…… jealous?” Kai asked, smirking.

“W-what w-w-why would I b-be jealous… you’re not my boyfriend or anything,” Miyoung said, stamping her foot nervously.

Kai chuckled, and put his arm over Miyoung’s shoulder, causing her head to be right on his chest.

“Sure…… I’m not your boyfriend………yet.” Kai looked down at Miyoung, smiling.

Miyoung was happy, but confused. The last time they had been in a similar situation, Jongin oppa had told her that they couldn’t be together. What had made the sudden change in feelings? Miyoung brushed off her questions, however, and just tried to enjoy the moment.

“Oppa… This reminds me of our memories of going to seven-elevens after school where you bought me my favorite drink,” Miyoung said.

“Yeah…” Kai chuckled. He then heard his phone beep, signaling a text.

“Yo, where are you? We gotta go to our schedule quick.” Suho texted Kai, worried about where he was.

“Aish…..” Kai sighed.

“What is it?” Miyoung asked.

“I have a schedule today, so I gotta go now….” Kai felt sorry for leaving Miyoung here, but his responsibilities of his career demanded many things.

“Sorry Miyoung…. I’ll see you later,” Kai said, and kissed Miyoung on top of her head before leaving.

Miyoung waved bye, and then squealed silently to herself.

Jongin oppa acted very strangely today…. But….. I’m still confused…. Does that mean that he likes me? But he said we can’t be together…… and I’m not sure exactly what Subin and Jongin oppa have together…

Miyoung’s brain was whizzing with thoughts as she left the store, sipping a can of coke with a straw.


Hoped you liked the update~ comments are appreciated and are what motivate me to continue writing huehue ^_^ thank you so much for reading my derpy story!