Chapter 12:The past

That Transfer Student

Chapter 12

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Previously....

-Tiffany's POV-

I stood with my jaws wide open. I don't know how to reply Elaine. I know that hates me the most. So what? I dont like her too. But she is just too amazing to argue with me.Probably because she is also the principal's daughter.

She did the wrong thing angering me. Now she will face the consequences by losing her friends.

"It should be time your dear friend standing here knows about your past.Such a pityful friend, doesn't even know what my dear sister's past is. Happy finding it out! Bye."

-Joey's POV-

What does she mean by Elaine's past and her sister? 

Don't tell me Elaine's her sister! It can't be! It can't be the truth!

The principal only have one daughter and thats Tiffany! Unless....

I was dumbfounded at that moment. I could never believe Elaine was related to Tiffany.

"Elaine, what does she mean by your past? And sister? Who's her sister? Tell me Elaine!"

"Oh haha look theres a student with a domo bag there!" Elaine tried to change the topic

"Don't try to change the topic" I looked at her with the 'spill the beans now look.

"I...I..." *signs* " Guess I have no choice but to tell you about my past."

-Elaine's POV-

10 January. The day where I was supposed to be the happiest person in the world since it was my birthday.

All because of him, it became the day I would never forget, the day where my world became dark and the day I wished that would never come.

-Flashback-

7 Years Ago. 

9 January, 22 00 hrs.

I was walking towards the kitchen to get some water to drink when I heard a commotion in my parents’ bedroom. I leaned towards the door and listened to their conversation.

"How can you do this to me? You even had a daughter with her?! I can't believe that she is even the same age as Elaine!

If it wasn’t because I found out myself, I would still be kept in the dark.

How long were you going to keep it from me? I’m so disappointed in you!

"I’m sorry! I am really am! I was trying to find the right time to tell you! It was a moment of folly! I swear I didn’t do it on purpose! I needed to bear responsibillity for what I have done! I have hurt both of them!"

"What about me? Haven't you hurt me too?"

"Mama,  papa,  why are you quarrelling?" I saw tears flowing out of my mum's eyes.

"It’s okay Elaine, we are just discussing something. It’s late, go to sleep."

“Okay mama. Goodnight papa, goodnight mama."

I went to my bedroom and tried to sleep but failed miserably.

After a couple of minutes, I could hear the door being slammed and my mum crying.

As a kid, I was scared.

 I wrapped myself with a blanket and cried myself to sleep.

10 January.  14 00 hrs.

"......Happy birthday to you!" My parents sang the birthday song to me.

This day, this moment was the last time we were happy together as a family.

I joyfully made a wished that we will be happy together as a family and blew the candles.

However, who knows what’s going to happen was the opposite of my wish.

Unanticipated, there was a knock on the front door. My dad went to open the door. 

The moment he opened the door, the smile on his face faded and shock overtook it instead.

A woman that I have never seen before came in with, I think, her daughter.

She angrily came in front of my mother and gave her a big, tight slap.

I stood rooted onto the ground and watched my mother got slapped in horror.

I ran towards the woman and hit her with my weak  punches "You evil woman! How can you hit mommy?"

The woman pushed me to floor and threw insults and stated how i dirtied her dress as i pulled it.

I sat down on the floor and began to cry.

My mom hurried to my side and hugged me. "Dont you dare touch my child!"

"Pfft what? She touched me first that's her punishment for touching me."

My father pulled away the woman and shouted at her. " Are you crazy?! What do you think you are doing?!"

The woman shook off his hand and told my mother. "Stop pestering him! Just divorce him and stop making our lives so miserable.  You leaving him will do good for all of us!"

Hearing that, my father shouted at that woman. "Leave this house immediately! Do you hear me!?"

"Never! Unless she agrees to the conditions I stated!"

"Guess that I have to do it the hard way! I will send you back home now!"

With that, my fathers pulled the woman and her daughter out of the house and send them back home.

After all the commotion, my mum broke down and cried her heart out.

“I’m so sorry for what has happened on your birthday! It’s all because of me that you did not have a happy family! I’m so sorry!”

“You didn’t do anything wrong! It was all entirely his fault, don’t blame yourself!”

She wiped off her tears and took a quick glance at the clock: 15 30 hrs.

“Oh no! You are going to be late for your tuition! Hurray, go and prepare, I will send you to your tuition center.”

I went to my room and quickly prepared myself.

 I rushed down to my mother’s car and we hurried to the tuition center.

-16 00 hrs.-  

We reached our designated area, bid goodbyes, and I went into the center.

"Bye mommy!"

"Bye sweetheart! Mommy loves you alot remember that!"

Life’s full of surprises and we could never know what might happen.

That was the last time we bided goodbyes.

-16 30 hrs.-

In the middle of my tuition lesson, I couldn't concentrate at all.

My tutor received a call and another tutor took over the class..

She went out of the room and talked for a couple of minutes.

I could frequently hear gasps from her as my seat was located near the door.

After the long call, she went in and came to me.

“Elaine, pack your things, we are going to the hospital.”

 

During our trip to the hospital, my tutor explained to me that my mum have committed suicide and was send to the ER.(emergency room)

Why was she this foolish?

I could not believe that my mum would have done such a thing.

 

-17 00 hrs.-

When we reached the hospital, coincidently, the doctor came out and I rushed towards the doctor.

"Doctor, how is mama? Is she alright? Please tell me she is okay!"

"I'm so sorry...... We tried our best.." The doctor shook his head.

That moment, that sentence wasn't what I expected to hear.

"Please tell me you were joking doctor! My mum would never leave me alone!"

"I'm sorry. Please take care of your health. Here's a letter that we found when your mum was send here. She was holding onto it tightly. I think you should take a look."

The doctor handed me a bloodstained letter.

I opened the letter and read the content.

 

Dear Elaine,

  The moment you read this letter, I supposed I have departed this world. I sorry for being so selfish. But I just could not take it anymore.

I could never dreamed that your father betrayed me and the happy family I dreamed of was built from lies.

I'm so sorry for not being reponsible. But the only way to make me feel relieved is me going to another world.

I sincerely hope that you will be happy and would never take the path that I took.

Sincerely,

Your mother.

 

 

I hugged the letter tightly and weeped.

It was all because of him.

All because of him, I lost my one and only mother.

All because of him, I lost the only person I have.

All because of him, I do not have a happy family.

All because of him my hopes and dreams were crushed.

That was why I hated him.

That was why I never told anyone that the principle was my father, not even the gang.

I would never forgive him. 

- 13 January, After my mum's funeral-

He asked me to moved to his and that woman's house but I simply won't bulge. 

No matter what, I'm not going to leave this house.

After trying out many ways and he could not get the result he wanted, he gave up and let me stay at the house.

-20 January-

I received a call from him. He informed me that he is going to marry that woman.

The thing that angered me the most was that he told me to go to their wedding.

I hung up immediately without saying anything.

How could he marry that woman that cause misery to me and my mother's death?

-23 January, The wedding day-

I stood outside the church watching them from afar. I could see happy smiles on their faces.

I, who was a victim, has to suffer and I could not even smile. 

Why are the criminals being able to smile? It is so unfair.

As I continued to watch, I could not take it anymore.

I left the wedding venue as fast as I could.

After I got home, things that has memorises of my father, were thrown away by me.

That day, I told myself, I have no father and I shall live on my own.

-End of flashback-

"....and thats what happened." I ended with a sniffle.

"Sorry for digging up your past i didn't know you suffered so much."

"Its alright but could you keep it a secret? I don't want the others to know yet."

"Okay I respect  your decision." 

 _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

End of chapter 12

Hope you enjoyed the story! ;)

Please vote, comment and subscribe! :D