Chapter 10: Failed confession

That Transfer Student

•Joey's POV•
Was I the only one that thought he was really sick?

Arghhhh. Why couldn't I feel that my best friend was unhappy.

-Later at Sungyeol's house-

"Hi Auntie. Is Sungyeol is in his room?" I asked politely, and noticed the furnishing of their home had changed over the weekend.

"He locked himself up in his room and I don't know why.  But he comes out once in a while to use the toilets and to have a sip of water. Do you have any idea what happened to him?"

 "Unfortunately, no."

'Hmmm, how long has he been like this?"

"It's already been 2 weeks. From that day he came back from school. He became like this. He didn't even want to go to school until this week. You should go talk to him. He isn't listening to me."

"Yeah, sure."

 I made my way up the stairs that I was very familiar with.

It reminded me of our childhood memorises where  Sungyeol and I used to slide down the rail of this stairs numerous times.

It was really fun except there were once where he lost his balance and fell face flat on the ground.

I took a deep breath before knocking on the door. Knowing Sungyeol, he wouldn't let me in, but it's worth a try. 

[Knock Knock Knock]

As I predicted, there wasn't any response. Only the sound of the television from the living room could be heard.

"Sungyeol uhhhh~ Can I come in and talk to you?"

" Just leave me alone."

"I'll be sitting here until you let me in." I sighed and sat beside the door, and waited for him.

After 10 minutes or so of hugging my knees with my head down, I heard the door unlock.

I looked up and saw that the door was left ajar. I stood up and slowly pushed the door wide enough for me to enter.

I walked in to only see my best friend curled up like scared armadillo on his bed and a horrible mess, or a rubbish pile I should say.

Seeing that there were traces of soda bottles, instant noodles and all sorts of snacks on his bed, I pushed some of them off, sat beside him and asked him what happen.

He looked away and tried to hold back his tears but it rolled down his cheeks like Nigara falls.

"Sungyeol can you please tell me what happen. If you are not gonna tell me, how am I going to help you?" He looked up at me with his teary eyes and said.

"T-to be ho-honest, I li-like yo-yo-you." I looked at him, not knowing what to say.

"I-i lo-loved you ev-ever si-since we we-were youn-younger. B-but i...i di-did not wa-want t-to br-break ou-our fr-fri-friendship up..."

"But you see Sungyeol, it's okay to like someone. Everyone has their rights to like someone. It isn't a crime."

"But why did you and Myungsoo get together? I liked you first. And we knew each other longer. Just why does it have to be him? What am I going to do now that you are together with Myungsoo?"

"I'm sorry, but i don't like you, in my heart there's only Myungsoo. Even though we knew each other longer, it doesn't mean I have to be with you. I'm sorry, but I only see you as my older brother."

"I knew that you would never accept me even if I confessed. But are we still friends?"

"What are you saying? We are not friends! We are bestfriends!"

"Thanks. I just wish that you and Myungsoo will be happy. If Myungsoo ill-treats you, tell him to get his ready to be kicked!'

-No one's POV-

After Joey left, Sungyeol cried his heart out. He made up his mind that he will keep his love for Joey to himself.

 But if Myungsoo ever makes her cry, he won't be giving up anymore. 

-End of chapter 10-

Thanks for reading ;)

Please comment, vote, or subscribe!:D

__________________________________

Btw a song that relates to Sungyeol. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGH7EKZECKI