Chapter 4

Unheard Melody: Listen Carefully
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Recess. Sandeul didn't feel like going to the cafeteria nor playing the piano in the music. He just wanted to get some fresh air and take his mind of some things. So he decided to go to the rooftop.

Breathing in fresh air, Sandeul sat on the ledge and closed his eyes, feeling the breeze hitting his face gently. He didn't know why the past few days have been bothering him. Maybe because of the boy's attitude towards him. They changed. Or maybe Sandeul thought they were?

"So, you're a secret hideout stealer now?" someone spoke from behind. Sandeul snapped his eyes open and turned his head. He knew who it was actually. He just wanted to make sure his guess was correct and he was.

"What do you mean by 'secret hideout stealer'?" Sandeul asked, feeling a bit confused.

The other male chuckled, "Well, this is my secret hideout. But now it's not a secret anymore since you stole it."

"It was never a secret, Sunwoo. Everyone knows this place. It'sjust a rooftop." Sandeul rolled his eyes, looking back to the front admiring the view.

"To me it is secret," Baro argued, "why are you here anyway?"

"Just thought I could get some fresh air. That's all." Sandeul replied, still not looking back at Baro.

Baro then took a sit next to Sandeul, both arms supporting his weight, "The song was about your father, wasn't it?" Baro suddenly asked.

"What song?" Sanduel asked, confused.

"The song you played on the piano last night."

Sandeul's eyes grew wide, "H-How did you know?" 

"There are some things you don't know about me, Lee Junghwan," Baro chuckled and laid his back on the cold, solid ground, looking at the sky.

"You're acting weird lately," Sandeul burst out, "Are you sick or something?"

"Junghwan, this is the healthiest person you're talking to. I'd never get sick. Not at this age," Baro praised himself, "Why'd you asked?" Then Baro got up, his elbows supporting his weight.

"I don't know.. It's just you've been really friendly to me lately and so does the others.. And that scares the out of me" Sandeul spoke up.

"Just.." Baro answered before laying his back on the ground again.

"Are you trying to pull a prank on me? Being nice and all?" Sandeul suddenly raised his voice. He hated the fact that Baro and his gang kept on pranking him. It was immature. "I gotta go." Sandeul got up and turned his back but was stopped by Baro's husky voice.

"Why does everytime I'm trying to be nice, you'd be all cranky and shuts me down? I'm just trying to make a change here, okay?" 

"Well I hate these changes you're making," Sandeul replied coldly without turning to face Baro.

"Jung-" Baro didn't manage to stop him when Sandeul already slammed the door of the rooftop.

"Why does he even want changes? It's not like things are getting any better" Sandeul mumbles to himself. He took out his book and got ready for his History class.

"Hey, Junghwan.." Shinwoo tapped on Sandeul's shoulder. Sandeul turned to him and gave an annoyed look but then softens when he saw how Shinwoo reacted.

"What is it, hyung?" Sandeul asked.

"Mmmm.. Can you teach me Biology tonight? Since exams are coming soon.." Shinwoo said, his right hand rubbing the back of his neck.

Sandeul was dumbfounded. Shinwoo, the guy that people thought was tough, a bad boy, charismatic and all was asking Lee Junghwan to teach him Biology? "Why so sudden? You've never studied for exams before.. You would just ask me for answers.." Sandeul was stil shock with the situation cocked an eyebrow.

"I just wanted to give it a try.. You know.. Get high marks with m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter