Chapter 16

A Nerd In Love (STOPPED)

Sulli's POV

The last week of January came and everyone in school, especially the Student Government officers, became very busy for the incoming promenade this coming February.

Jonghyun and Key were part of the Student Government Council, so they made me help them since I told them I wasn't busy, and our classes weren't formal anymore because the teachers were always having a meeting regarding the said promenade.

But that was also an excuse so I won't see Minho and Krystal often.

"Li, can you give this to Leeteuk? He's over there." Yunho, the Student Government Council president, said as he pointed the designs for the banner.

"Sure, Yunho." I replied.

After giving the additional designs to Leeteuk, I went near Jonghyun and Key who were doing the editing for the invitation.

"Hey, how's everything going?" I asked.

"No." Key shook his head then pointed me. "How's everything going?"

I chuckled. "I'm doing fine. How about you guys?"

"At my best state." Key said smugly.

"Same here." Jonghyun beamed.

"Are you having fun here, Li?" Key asked.

"Yes, of course." I beamed.

"You changed the color of your braces again?" Jonghyun leaned closer.

I nodded.

"Rich kid, eh." Jonghyun laughed then gave me a nod.

I frowned. "No, dude. That's because my dentist is a friend of my mom. She gives me discount."

"Cool." Jonghyun and Key beamed togther.

"I'm obsessed with braces. But I can't even get to have them." Jonghyun scratched the back of his ehad.

"Why?" I asked.

"They said it's painful. You can't eat for a few days and that means you'll get thin, right? I don't want to leave my awesome body, Li!" Jonghyun gaped.

I laughed. "You;'re really funny. Just because of that, you don't want to have braces?"

"I just don't want to leave my awesome body, Li. It's a plus point for me when it comes to attravting girls." he winked.

Aigoo. This guy's really funny. I can;t help but laught at him.

"Keep talking, dino." Key gave him a nod. "Look what you're encoding."

We stared at the laptop and me and Key burst out laughing. "Oh my god!"

Jonghyun's eyes widened.

He typed everything he said to me on the document!

"What the hell?!" he pressed the backspace key.

"What went into you?" I asked, laughing.

"I don't know." he said innocently.

"That's why I discourage you when it comes to multitasking." Key laughed with me in which Jonghyun gave out a poker face.

=====

During the last Saturday of January, the Student Government Council decided to continue the work for the incoming promenade. We learned that it will be consisting of Junior and Senior students.

Our venue was our very own gym in which we decided to make it look like a ballroom hall just like in palaces.

"Li, I'm making you in charge with the tables, chairs, and the silverwares." Yunho said.

"Okay." I nodded.

After settling everything, everyone had their tasks already. Jonghyun and Key were in charge of the partnering. Juniors with their fellow juniors and same with the seniors.

During our lunch break; me, Jonghyun, and Key went out to eat at Taemin's mom's restaurant. I remembered Taemin and made up my mind to recognize my bestfriend even just by doing this.

"I'll order up for us." Key volunteered as he called a waiter.

Me and Jonghyun nodded.

I was about to talk to them after Key was done ordering when suddenly, my phone rang.

"I'll answer this guys. Excuse me." I said as I pressed answer on the screen.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Li?"

My body became stiff again as I recognized the voice.

"Kris?"

"Yeah, it's me." he answered. "Can I talk to you?"

"Yeah, we're talking now." I replied.

"No. I mean...only the two of us. It's private." he said.

"I'm with Jonghyun and Key." I glanced at the two of my friends talking.

"I'm outside the restaurant you guys are in." he said.

I turned my attention to the glass the door.

"Go out and I'll meet you."

"Okay." I nodded my head to my own answer as I stood up.

"Where are you going?" Key asked as he and Jonghyun looked up.

"I'll go meet someone outside. Just for a sec." I told them.

"The food will be here any second now." Jonghyun announced.

"You guys eat ahead." I smiled at them as I walked towards the door and went out.

>>[please listen to EXO's Don't Go or EXO's Moonlight as you read the rest of the story, starting below this note :)]<<

I turned my head side to side. To my left, there I saw Kris still putting his phone on his ear, leaning beside his bronze fortuner. He looked at me, with the look that almost made me breathless. He is really handsome, yeah. But it really doesn't change the fact that I only see him as a brother and a friend.

He put down his phone on his pocket, then he walked towards me. I took a deep breath as he was already near me.

"What is it?" I asked him.

He looked down, then again played with his fingers. He looked at me then handed me an envelope.

I opened it and found a passport and a plane ticket.

I stared at him questioningly and there, to my surprise, I found his eyes watery.

Is he about to cry? Is this connected with what I just saw?

"What is this?" I asked him as I showed him the envelope.

He took it from me and said. "I'm leaving."

"What?" I stared at him, shocked.

"I'm leaving today, Li. I-I'm going back to Canada." his tears finally fell and I can't help but feel my tears fall too.

"I'm doing this for good." he added.

"I'm sorry." I cried. "I'm really sorry."

"Ssh. Don't be." he shook his head as I held myself in my arms. He didn't dare touch me.

I nodded.

"Just promise me you'll take care of yourself." he said.

I nodded again.

"I..uh...called you to...to say goodbye, and to...to see you for the last time." he said as he wiped his tears. He chuckled as he looked at me. "Curse goodbyes, yeah? It always makes us cry."

I nodded as I was already sobbing. "And curse you for making me cry."

He chuckled.

"I guess I'll get going now. Remember what you promised me." he said as I nodded.

He placed his hand on his head. He looked at me again, then the next thing I knew, he pulled me in and gave me a hug. "I will miss you."

He started crying again which made me cry with him too.

"Why are you doing this? Why do you have to go?" I cried even harder.

He continued crying and didn't answer me. He pulled away from me then he dried my tears with his thumb.

"It will clear my mind. And maybe...heal my heart at the same time." He cleared his throat.

He looked at me straight to the eye.

"I don't want to bother you anymore. So, I think, by parting ways, I can give you some peace of mind." he smiled assuringly.

That's where he's wrong. This isn't the best thing he can do. He shouldn't leave just because of this.

I am starting to hate myself now. I can't believe this is happening. First, Taemin left. Then now, another friend of mine will leave me. He shouldn't leave. He must not leave.

But all my thoughts went back to its container as I saw Kris' bronze fortuner go, until it was already nowhere in sight.

------------------------------------------------------

end of chapter 16!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sneak peek for the next chapter!

Indulge! :))

"What?! He's my partner?!"

"Why is it a big deal yo tou?"

"Why did you do this?"

"I lied to you when I said I was joking."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

See you in the next chapter! ^w^