TEN

MATE(S)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was not one silent night, not even in Min's residence.

Min Rong had stayed awake since yesterday. Her sleepy eyes not even give up to sleep as her mind still working hard because of everything. She can't sleep. She will never get a proper sleep from now on. Exactly 2 hours from now, the eight representative will go to the lower class and she can't handle her heart but to worry. She had been there and she knew how it feel to be there. She understand why people called them lower class, they were different and uncontrollable.

Rong sighed, why should she worry anyway? As if they will worry about her going there. Rong scoffed involuntary at her own thought. Yap, although she had convinced herself there was nothing to worry about but she still can't stay still in her bed and sleep. She kept fidgeting while groaning because the tiredness started to creep out from her body. Sighing for the last time, Rong sit up from her sleeping position before throwing her dark blue bed cover aside. She hoped off from her bed and walked outside her room then go to their house kitchen. She need some bitter green tea to help her go to sleep.

Sipping her tea from her monkey like cup while standing beside the kitchen mini bar she tilted her head. "Should I prepare them the pepper spray?" She asked to herself.

“I should.” She said again to herself. Rong quickly placed her monkey like mug to the sink and run up stair to grab her jacket, purse, and mobile phone. Pulling her dr. martens yellow boots, Rong braced herself to go.

As soon as she stepped outside her house, the windy wind hit her face. Rong shoved both her hands inside the pocket of the jacket. Rong walked alone at 3 in the morning. If she was in normal city, she could had been or something more than that. But this is not a normal place so there was nothing to worry about, Rong thought.

Well, she was right, she arrived safely to the convenient store. Rong quickly walk to where pepper spray placed and grab 8 of them before walking back to the cashier. The convenience store was small and she could see outside clearly from inside the store. She was waiting for the cashier to count her things when something glistened from outside. And wanted or not, her werewolf sight catch it.

"Is everything alright miss?" The cashier asked with concern when she looked at the rigid Rong.

"Uh..yes. How much?" Rong replied with her hand inside her wallet to grab the money with her eyes still focus outside. She is a girl after all and feeling scare was the only option she get.

"Is it save to walk outside in this kind of time?" Rong asked to the cashier girl and she was greeted with the cashier warm smile.

"You can stay until sun come out if you want." She offered but Rong shook her head.

"I want to, but I can't." Rong said and sighed loudly. She really really want to stay, but she need to meet the representative by 5 AM also if her mother find out she was not in her room this morning, she was afraid she will be grounded for the rest of the month. Well, actually her mother was freaked out when she disappear for a week with no trace. And because of that, her mother became extra protective toward her.

“The full moon’s effect is a bit weak at this time, I think It is okay for you to walk home.” Said the cashier girl again and Rong’s heart started to beats like crazy. What? Full moon? Rong scrunched her face then smacked herself mentally. Of course tonight was not one silent night since it was full moon, werewolf must be out to wail out their heart and pain for those that has not have mate. She silently thank God for protecting all her way to this mart. Rong sighed in exasperation, this was all her own fault to join this mess. Muttering a thank you to the cashier, she inhale deeply before stepping out from the mini mart. Her eyes quickly scan the place then with the fastest pace she can, Rong dashed to her home.

Kreak.

Rong jumped. It was the sound of someone or something stepping on something, she was sure of it. Her lips pressing into each other to suppress her scared feeling, she also hold her breath in case the thing want to attack her. Her method was smoothly working as she make her way slowly but surely until the thing suddenly already in front of her.

Rong was dumbfounded, to be honest, she had a slow mind if she was in a panic mode, she finally understood what was going on after a few second when the thing growl loudly. Rong almost scream. If it was not because her lips still pressing into one and another she was absolutely going to scream. She can't use her magic, her body was too tired to handle even one spell.

Rong was lost in her own mind while she and the thing were face to face. "What are you?" She asked after a long duration. The wolf rolled its eyes because of her funny question.

"Ugh. Stupid me." Rong hissed to herself but the wolf caught it and smirked inside it mind.

"Well, nice to meet you wolf. I assume you understand me right?" She guessed with an awkward grin. The wolf stayed silent and unmoved so Rong quietly took one step back only to hear the wolf’s growl again.

Rong froze but soon relaxed again. She didn't understand what the hell this wolf want from her. She was one hundred percent sure the wolf must be someone she knew since she didn't feel the extreme scared feeling to the silver fur wolf in front of her. But from what she saw, the wolf look like it will never reveal the real him to her. So her patience turned into anger as she did not understand what the wolf want from her.

"What the hell do you want from me?!" She hissed with both her palm crunched together make the pepper spray crushed together.

The wolf walked to her and she grit her tooth together to make the wolf froze in the place. Rong looked into the wolf eyes and the glisten in the eyes look so lonely and sad so she heave a sighed feeling troubled at her earlier act. I must be a bipolar, Rong thought.

"Sorry." She muttered and walked to the wolf to pat it's head. The wolf snuggle in to her warm palm. "You are such a baby! Just like Tao!" She giggled sweetly. But as soon as Tao's name rolled from her tongue, the wolf stop snuggling into her and glared.

'Tao huh?'

Rong was feeling something bad is going to happen and that's it, when the wolf sudder before suddenly turned into a man. His blonde lock shinning under the moonlight and his bare chest showing the sign of a well train body. But the most important thing is, he was only a millimeter apart from her.

Rong didn't dare to look downward as she was sure he wore nothing because he just transform. But what made Rong out of guard is the man in front of her.

"Seriously, Tao?" Sehun raised a brow.

===========

It was full moon again.

Sehun laid flatly to his bed. He was to exhausted to wash up first. Full moon always managed to finish off all of his energy. Although his body felt so sticky and dirty, Sehun did not mind it all, he can order the maid to change his sheets in the morning and he will come home a brand new bed linen.

He was almost drifted off to dreamland when the wolf inside him awake again. Sehun scowled to himself and ruffled his already messy hair so it turned even messier than before but whatever, he will transform again anyway.

“Are you still have not enough time to run? I’m exhausted wolf.” Sehun muttered, expressing his laziness to himself.

So finally Sehun walked outside, inhale deeply, and transformed. His shirt and pant tore apart and the part flew to only God know where. Sehun run and run, hoping his wolf to get satisfied with his run this time because he did not want to come out for the third time tonight. Tomorrow he still need to go to school so so need a rest as soon as possible. He and his pack usually protested for not getting a day off after full moon to their school. But of course Mr. Jang didn't even bother to drop a comment on their protest.

Hitting branches every here and there was usual routine in their activity at full moon. Sehun reached the highest spot in the mountain before howling his heart out. Sehun finished screaming his heart out loud about fifteen minutes later, faster than usual. Although his wolf still raging inside but since he need to sleep he stop. He will think a way to deal with the pain in the morning.

He looked at the moon and know exactly it was already 3 in the morning. So he run downward the mountain with so much power and arrived at the bottom in no time. He walked leisurely when he already in the small way, it was near Rong’s house, he knew it.

Should I checked on her? But then he shook his head and kept walking in a daze.

Kreak.

The sound brought Sehun back into the world, his body quickly tensed as the sound heard so close, so near to him. He looked down and realize he was to one who made the sound as he stepped at a branches. He laughed internally for being tensed for nothing and continue his walk.

tumph tumph tumph.

He heard it. The calm heartbeat but tense when it beat from one to another, he knew it was not from him and widened his eyes as soon as he realize it was Rong’s. Without thinking twice he sprinted and out of the blue Rong already in front of him with wide eyes but lips pressing to each other. He was sure she will scream her lung out but she didn’t.

Sehun kept his silent and only stare right at Rong’s eyes that stare back at him. Silent took over the place and unexpectedly it was a pleasantly silent. His wolf stop raging inside as he suddenly feel so satisfied.

“What are you?" Rong brook the silent while Sehun mentally rolled my eyes because of her stupid question. Was he not look like a wolf? She smacked herself and muttering something that Sehun did not even bother to hear.

"Well, nice to meet you wolf. I assume you understand me right?" She guessed and Sehun kept his silent again. What? You expect him to answer her? He didn’t even like the idea of a wolf talking with human language. It just didn’t sound right. Sehun wanted to laugh so hard for thinking if Baekhyun’s wolf form can speak with human language. That must be so damn hilarious. To focus with his mind he did not realize Rong took a step back and as soon as he heard Rong step, Sehun snapped and growled loudly.

Rong startled at his sudden outburst but quickly gained back her expression. Sehun looked at her face that slowly grew frustrated for not understanding him at all. He knew Rong didn’t even understand his mind at all like everyone in his pack and his future mate. His heart suddenly raced again when he felt Rong’s frustration reached its limit before turn into anger.

"What the hell do you want from me?!" Sehun heard Rong hissed at him angrily. The plastic bag in her hand made a sound and Sehun finally understand why she was out in this super late night or was it morning already?

Sehun took a step to come nearer but she grit her teeth and he stuck in his place when he about to take another step. But as soon as she saw his action, Sehun knew for sure she had soften her heart and felt sorry for ‘scaring’ him.

To his surprise, she took the step first so she can come nearer to him. And Sehun was flustered right when Rong’s hand pat his head, her hand slid easily in his soft fur and he like the feeling of her hand in his head so much to the point he did not want her to stop patting her. Sehun snuggled into her small, warm palm. He wished his head not a big as this so it can fit perfectly to her. But suddenly both her hand cupped his wolf face and scratched it like he was a little baby. Well rather than a baby, it looked like a....dog.

"You are such a baby! Just like Tao!" She giggled sweetly, still scratching his furry face.

Sehun enjoyment moment crashed down just like that. He was no long feel joy and it change into bitter feeling. Why Tao? Before she told him the truth about some bull, he was her tao.

He quickly made decision without considering anything else, he changed into human him and suddenly he was so close to her. His chest almost touching hers. He knew exactly if he did this, he will break the wall he had built to keep her away. Well, he already broke it when he waited for her in front of Mr. Jang office, what should he think anymore?

“Seriously, Tao?” Sehun asked then smirked while Rong was gawking at him from the sudden change. Well, Sehun sleepiness had long gone and both of them know it will be a long way to reach their home.

==========

Both of them are still standing so close, neither Rong nor Sehun move from their position. Sehun wants his answer while Rong doesn’t know what to do. Should she yell at him? Should she walk away like nothing happen or what?! Rong has no idea what to do even her body can’t move.

“Where have you been?” Sehun asked again after a minutes of silent.

“Mart.” Rong replied immediately.

“No. Rong you know what I meant! Where have you been?!” Sehun growled.

“I said mart!” Rong said with a higher pitch.

“Where have you been for the past week? You’ve gone for a week with no trace! Even your smell gone!” Sehun said with ange

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter