NINE

MATE(S)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The truth will set you free, but first it will make you miserable.

- James A. Garfield

===============

“What?” Sehun whispered. His eyes widened and stare directly to Rong to see if she was joking or not.

Rong can't believe herself. She just told Sehun the truth. Gulping the big lump inside , Rong fixed her gaze to Sehun's orbs and stand up from her sitting position under the apple tree

"You are my mate." She said with more sure and determination now. There was no turning back once she say it. So here she is, trying to explain their condition with Sehun staring hard at her.

“I found a book that I shouldn’t read. Anyway, I read it and it turn out the book is about the wolf’s mate story. Then, I saw my mate that actually you. But Sehun, it’s not like I ask you to be with me. I understand about your feeling for Mimi and I just want-“

"Damn it. Shut your mouth." Sehun muttered lowly. As in a cue, Rong shut from explaining what she read from the book and what Mr. Jang told her.

"I'm sorry." She confessed with a true regret behind her apologize. "But it's the truth." Rong finished it. She was truly sorry about this reality for Sehun. She was sorry for telling him the truth. Moreover, she was sorry for the truth that it was her and not Mimi. 

Sehun kept his silent. Now, he knew the truth. So what Rong want after he know it? Wasn't it just going to break their relationship apart? Wasn't she just breaking the trust that Sehun gave her freely without any doubt? He was so sure to be friend with her because he had his reason too. But right now, he regret it.

What the hell inside her head that made her had the guts to tell him this bull? How can she told him about her being his mate when she clearly knew who he love? Did she want him to be hers? Did she expect him to change his heart once he know that she's his mate? Although, she had explained everything to him about how she can said that he's her mate, Sehun can’t believe it at all. How can she expect him to believe that? She had no prove for him at all. All she said was coming from her point of view and of course he can't easily believe it from his side!

With no second though, Sehun turned his body and moved his legs to go away from this girl who he had been friend for a while.

"Sehun." Rong called softly, trying so hard to make him stay and hear her mind out until she finish it clearly and it meant no cutting at all. But instead giving her a ears to listen, Sehun balled his hand into a fist until suddenly sprinted with his wolf pace until he reach in front of Rong's face.

"Listen to me you witch." Sehun inhaled air deep to calmed down his inner beast that raging to come out. While calming down his breath, Sehun stared at Rong's brown eyes that clearly show mix guilt and fear also hurt. “I will pretend that you have not said any of those .” He said.

“Sehun, it’s the truth.” Rong calmly told him again.

"Well, listen to me carefully and mark my words. Although you are my mate, this is still my choice. I still can choose her instead of you." He continued and straightened his back after intimidatingly looked right through Rong’s eyes. Rong stood rooted to the spot, what Sehun said was right. It was still his choice, just like her father and mother. Sehun can end up with someone else –other than her. But the different was, Sehun willingly leave his mate.

"I’ve spent a few months to be friend with you, what a waste of time.” Sehun said while turning his back at her and walk away. But his stepped stop when Rong stood right in front of him with both her hands open wide.

“You witch! Get away from my way!” He shouted. Sehun finally lost his control and tossed Rong to the side.

“Sehun! What can I do to make you believe me?” Rong’s eyes started to water at this situation. She had no idea what should she do. She wasn’t hoping for Sehun to choose her. She just want to tell the truth and still be friend with him. Unfortunately, Sehun have a different opinion about this situation.

“Get lost.” He muttered before finally leaving the place for real this time. He hoped Rong know her place and had no guts to show up at him in the class or –only God knows what Sehun might do to get rid of her from his eyes sight. He disgusted her, he despised her. Not manly, right. But he was hurt too, she broke what he give her willingly.

Sehun celebrated silently for himself because Rong didn't show up in the class that time. He expected her to not come anyway. Yet, he had not expected for Rong to not come for the next day and the next day and the next day.

============

She's gone.

Rong's gone.

Rong had gone for a week now. Rong had disappeared from his eyes for a week. He never fined Rong like his feet used to bring him. Not in the library, not in the cafeteria, not under the apple tree, not in the class. Sehun lost track of her and he had no idea why it get into his nerves. The rumors about Rong telling him that she was his mate spread faster than fire. What would you expect when someone like Zinger -who hate Rong guts so much, 'accidentally' heard by her own hearing their conversation about this sensitive topic. One word: disaster.

So yeah, everyone knew already, even Tao that apparently like Rong so much turned blank and mute. Everyone were whispering both hate and pity for her. Being gone for a week was not help full either. Everyone though she was running away from reality including Sehun. Sehun was aware of how hurt full those words, but what can he do? He was hurt too. She was someone that made him willingly give his trust and even when everyone telling that he completely insane to trust her than believing everyone's statement, but here she was, breaking his trust with her own mouth. Maybe trusting her is his decision but she prove him wrong to trust her.

"Is she chickening out about what she had done?" Luhan asked while sipping his ice coffee. Sehun brought his head up to look at the latter with a knitted eyebrows.

"Don't bring that topic up son. Little puppy will feel misarable." Kai patted Luhan's back.

"Shut up Kai, I told you not to call me that. Not clear enough for your slow brain to digest it?" Sehun snapped toward his older brother by months. Kai scoffed at Sehun comeback, even Luhan that wanted to threw a curse to Kai for calling him 'son' close his mouth again.

"Geez, he becomes more and more sarcastic than that girl." Baekhyun whispered but loud enough for Sehun to catch what he said by his wolf hearing.

"I miss my Rong-ie." Kris that usually stay quite said it and Sehun eyes twitched in annoyance. Surprise at his guts to brought Rong into their conversation and not forgetting the nick name too.

"Go run for that coward ." Sehun replied with his hands crossed in front of his chest. Kris froze in his spot, he can't believe the title become officially Rong's from Sehun own mouth. Before, they would only call her 's daughter, not the actual . Kris stand up from his seat with a loud scratch on the floor because of his sudden movement. Right when he moved his feet, Sehun opened his mouth to say "Go find her and don't ever come back." Only to make Kris balled his fist. Who he think he was that he can order his older brother around? He was only the youngest of the pack yet he act like the oldest there.

Kris was so sure there must be something that make Rong decide to say those sudden information. Although they had known each other for not long, Kris was sure enough Rong not that kind of person. He knew Rong, she was someone who willing to sacrifice her happiness rather to let someone she loved dying in agony. He need to hear from Rong's mouth to believe it. "Yeah, like I care." He replied back.

Right after Kris said that, a figure walked pass them with a fast pace and disappeared in the end of the hall way with a bunch of file at the letter's small hands. Leaving Sehun’s eyes with empty view of the hall.

"Rong." Sehun muttered out of his control. Rong was walking in front of them only made them

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter