FOUR

MATE(S)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“, I’m late. Thanks to Mimi for keeping me up with her and forget that I should be in class right now.” Rong talked to herself while running to her class.

When she arrived in front of her class, she quickly lowered her body and peeked through the class’ window. Mr. Ryu was calling the students names one by one and when he called her name, Rong knew want it or not, she need to get in the class.

“Min Rong.” Mr. Ryu called but no answer. Outside the class Rong took a deep breath and finally gather her courage to knock the door.

“Sorry for being late sir.” She smoothly excused.

“What made you have the nerve to running late into my class, Rong?” Mr. Ryu, their biology teacher, asked Rong coldly as she came to class really late.

“I’m sorry, I’ve been too absorbed into my book and forget about-” Rong tried to explain herself as if it was not a big deal but from the point of view of the class, it is a big problem when it came to Mr. Ryu.

“What a good excuse. So you meant my lecture is not precious enough so you can easily come in and out just because you were to absorbed into your stupid, disgusting book?!” Mr. Ryu cut her and raised his voice until his vocal cords hit on the third pitch.

Hearing Mr. Ryu high pitched tone, the students on class –including Sehun flinched. Yet, Min Rong stood still and look at Mr. Ryu directly in the eyes.

“Just talk to the point sir. If you want me to go to detention I’ll go. No need to mock my book when you don’t even know what inside it.” Rong said with an annoyed expression. A few students were amused at her behavior but the rest cursed her for insulting Mr. Ryu.

Mr. Ryu gritted his tooth and Rong knew, she just dig her own grave.

“Meet me after school for 300 words essay with me.” He said simply and open a way for Rong. So, she can has her way into her seat. Everyone in the class gasped loudly when they heard the punishment Rong got. Not just them, Rong, herself, was gasping. Writing essay is not the problem here, if Mr. Ryu wants Rong to write 1000 words she will do it. However writing essay with Mr. Ryu meant HELL and there is no way she will takes back her words and let Mr. Ryu tramples her pride. Shivering, Rong walked to her seat besides Sehun. Well, yeah, her new seat is beside Oh Sehun. Thanks to Mr. Jang’s project that she has to have Sehun as her seatmate for the rest of her high school day.

“What was on your-“ Sehun just about to mocked Rong by saying ‘she had a stupid pathetic brain for being late’ when he realize there is something off from her. Something that can be the only reason why Sehun likes to be around Rong. But that ‘something’ is nowhere to be found, Sehun can’t find it and only got astonished when he realize what is off.

Rong turned her head to look at Sehun. She is not in the mood to talking or arguing with Sehun. She is not in the state that she has to accepting all Sehun comments.

Sehun just stared at Rong for a few minutes, enough to make his mind turned cold towards Rong –again.

“Why are you smell like Mimi?” Sehun questioned with a flat expression lying on his face. Rong frowned at his question. She slightly disappointed at Sehun question. She though he will concern about her extreme detention. But all he ask is ‘Why you smell like Mimi?’. Rong straightly looked back at Sehun and scoffed.

“I met her and told her to get lost because she is so fake.” Rong said calmly and Sehun get furious at the thought of Mimi getting hurt by her words. “You should have come to watch my speech.” Rong continued and grasped her skirt. It pained her to looks how furious Sehun is when it came to Mimi.

Sehun has no idea that Rong will answer his question that way. Did she really say it? What is wrong with this girl, isn’t Mimi kind enough towards her? Sehun doesn’t know what Rong said true or not. But he knows one thing, Rong worth the punishment. She deserves more than it when it comes to Mimi.

“You should be the one to get lost.”

That’s his final straw before looking back to Mr. Ryu and never take a glance to her ever again.

===

Rong squinted her eyes and her forehead showed a deep frown. Her sweat had drenched her straight bangs that stick wetly into her forehead. Her pony tail hair made an access for everyone to see her face that had a milky white skin, slowly turned pale.

Rong is doing her detention. Mr. Ryu sat right in front of her and smile smugly while watching her endured the pain.

Skin-writing, that what the other students called the brutal method of punishment by Mr. Ryu. This is not a simple writing detention, because every words you write, it will appear exactly the same on your own skin, not just that, the words only appear on the same spot: on the back of the writer hand. The words will be graven on your hand’s skin as if your hand is a wood that need to be sculpt. This is why students never ever want to insult Mr. Ryu. This is also the reason writing essay with Mr. Ryu called hell.

“198 words.” Mr. Ryu counted with his hands crossed in front of his chest.

In this state, Rong really wants to cry and run for help. It hurts her physical so bad. But who will open their arms to her and willingly volunteer to exchange position with her, simple answer: no one. More importantly, everyone labelled her as ’s daughter that came from a disgraced family. How can she expect someone to help her? Everyone might also enjoying the view of her getting hurt, like the person in front of her.

“I think 200 words are enough for punish a rascal that liked to talk back, Mister Ryu.” A voice sounded in the empty detention room.

Rong raised her head with a big hope inside her. However, her hope turned into a big question when she saw who the fellow is.

Mr. Ryu immediately stands up from his se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter