Chapter 009

That Should Be Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~~~Chapter 009~~~

"A true relationship requires both people to accept each other's past. Do not judge people because they have not dated anyone else but you. That's all for today. This is MC Kim Taeyeon!"

Jessica turned off the television to hear the doorbell ring. When she opened it, a bright smile appeared on her face.

"Amber!!! Come in! Vic, Narsha, Seungyeon! Come meet your new roomie!" Jessica shouted.

Amber smiled and walked inside, clutching her things tightly.

The other three girls walked in, each one smiling from ear to ear.

"Annyeong! I'm Victoria Song. I'm originally from China." Victoria greeted joyously.

"Hey, I'm Narsha. Nice to meet you!" Narsha said.

"Annyeong haseyo, Han Seungyeon imnida." Seungyeon greeted.

"Hello! I am Amber Liu. I am originally from America. I am also of Chinese descent, though. Like Victoria..." Amber stated, pointing towards Narsha.

"Ani. That's Narsha. Victoria is the one with the brown hair and bangs. She'd really flexible." Seungyeon said.

"Oh, Mianhae. I'm not good with faces."Amber apologized.

"That's alright! Lets get you settled!" Jessica smiled, taking Amber's things and going to her new room.

"Jessica, you don't need to do that!" Amber said, following Jessica.

"Aniyo. You're my roomie and roomies should do things like this for each other." Jessica insisted.

Suddenly, Jessica's phone beeped and she placed Amber's things to take it out of her pocket.

It was a text message from a not so close friend of Jessica's.

TO: Jessica Jung

FROM: Tiffany Hwang

Hey Jess! This is Fany! I know we haven't spoken in a while, but I heard you broke up with Jonghyun? :(

Are you alright? :)

Call me if you need some cheering up.

 

Jessica frowned and put the phone away. I can handle relationships on my own.

Amber, noticing Jessica's suddenly sullen mood, stepped away and turned her back to Jessica. She began to unpack her things.

"So, you don't have any dresses...." Jessica began.

"That's right. I'm a little bit of a tomboy. I don't really wear dresses or skirts." Amber explained.

"Oh, I see...." Jessica nodded. "Well, unpack and meet me and the others in the hall."

"Yup." Amber nodded her head.

Jessica left the room and the dorm.

She sighed and began to take rapid steps. Jessica was not sure where she was heading, but the fresh air made her feel nice.

Jonghyun-ah, where are you? I miss you.... Aiish. Jessica, you need to forget him. Jonghyun is not worth it.Jessica contradicted herself.

"Excuse me, are you Jessica Jung?" A boy questioned, holding something in his hands.

"Ne. Why?"

"This was sent to you by someone. Here you go." Jessica thanked him and was about to ask him who it was sent by, but he had left.

"I have to get to class! Chwesong-hamnida!"   The boy echoed.

Jessica stared at the decorative present in her hands. This was perhaps the same person who had sent her the album and the banana milk.

Jessica sat at a nearby bench and began to peel away the wrapping paper and discovered a small book. Its title was "30 Surefire Signs to Improve Your Voice for the Stage".

Jessica smiled. This person must've known that she had signed up for the talent program. H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter