Chapter 012

That Should Be Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~~Chapter 012~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jessica began to sob quietly, when she saw a shadow hoevering over her. She saw Victoria looking at her.

"Baby Jung....crying again? What happened? You can tell me." Victoria said quietly, taking a seat next to Jessica.

Jessica shook her head. "Ani. I do not want to burden you anymore. I have already troubled my friends too much."

"Jessica! What are you saying? What happened?" Victoria reiterated.

"Vic, please. Go away. I don't want to bother you." Jessica sighed, looking away. She buried her head in her knees.

"Sica, if I thought you were burdensome to me, I would never have continued asking you if you were okay. You are my best friend. You have done so much for me in the past. Don't forget my break up with Nichkhun, when my puppy died, and so many other incidents where you stood by my side. Now, tell me. What is wrong?"

"Victoria Song, can we talk later? I do not want to talk at the moment." Jessica stated. Her aura of coldness appeared and Victoria knew not to interfere with Jessica at the moment. Victoria opened the door and left it open, in case Jessica wanted to come in.

Jessica stood up and walked into the dorm, sliding her feet against the ground. She plodded into her room and fell onto her bed. She suddenly stood up and looked at her phone.  The lock screen on the phone was a picture of her and Lee Joon. She smiled and looked at the several other pictures of her and Lee Joon. Each one showed the two as cheerful best friends. Now what were they? Joon probably loathed her.

Aiish. Why are you so stupid, Jessica? You don't deserve anyone's love. You'll just end up using them in some way they will be oblivious to. You're useless, Jessica Jung. Jessica cried quietly. Lee Joon-ah, I'm sorry.

~~~

"Yah, Jessica Jung! What happened?" Amber knocked on Jessica's door twice. She had been living in her room for the past few days and only coming out to eat and go to classes.

"There's no use in trying." Seungyeon said, observing her nails.

"I want to help her though." Amber insisted.

Jessica looked up from the other side of the door. She felt weak and helpless. She was not going to be pitied upon anymore. She had already gone through two miserable relationships, one with Jonghyun and the other with Lee Joon.

She opened the door, startling Amber. "Jess! You're alive!"

Jessica smiled and nodded. "That's right. Call everyone to the kitchen." Amber shouted for the girls to come to the kitchen.

Jessica sat herself on the kitchen counter and looked at all her friends. Narsha was gazing at her feet. examining the length of her toenails. Victoria smiled at Jessica, when Jessica's gaze swept by her. Seungyeon was leaning on to the dining table, displaying sleepiness. Amber was occupied with her hair.

"Guys, from now on, do not care about me. What I mean is don't ask me what's wrong incessantly. I want to stand on my own two feet and solve dilemmas on my own. I don't want to trouble my best friends. Alright?" Jessica said.

"Sica, we love you and we'll respect your decision. Up until now, you're the only one who hasn't leaned on anyone's shoulder. You've remained that block of ice that no one could break. Now, you've broken because of Jonghyun and we're glad. We want to help you. I'm relieved that you told us you don't need our help." Narsha expressed.

"It's not that I don't need your help. I just don't want your help. If you think I need you, just go ahead and help me in some way. I may be persistent, but you can try." Jessica said.

"Of course. We'll stick with you. You are our friend and friends don't ignore each other." Seungyeon grinned.

"Hey, where's Lee Joon?" Amber suddenly realized. Jessica became tense and straightened up.

"Jessica, do you know where he could have been?" Narsha asked.

"Aniyo, he doesn't really tell me where is if I ask." Jessica said. Why would he now? 

"Hey, tomorrow's the talent program!" Victoria smiled, changing the subject. She suspected that Joon and Jessica had some type of disagreement, hence Jessica's sullen mood.

"That's right! Jessica, you'll be so awesome!" Seungyeon cheered.

"Why didn't anyone of you join? Vic, you could've danced. Amber and Narsha, you could've had a rap battle or someth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter