Chapter 013

That Should Be Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note: Hi everyone! This chapter includes Jessica's and Jonghyun's special scene in the talent program. It will be in italics, so you'll be able to distinguish it from other parts of the chapter. Also, there will be reactions of Jessica's friends written normally throughout the scene.

 

"Jessica, are you alright?" Jonghyun touched Jessica's shoulder. She looked at him and nodded. Jessica had been searching for Lee Joon, since the beginning of the day to ask him to come to the talent program. Though her friends had assured her they would tell Lee Joon to come, she was still jumpy.

"So, are you nervous?" Jonghyun attempted at a conversation.

"I'm not. I've gotten used to this over the years." Jessica replied.

As the talent program commenced, Jessica texted Victoria.

TO: Vic

FROM: Jessica

Is Joon here?

TO: Baby Jung

FROM: Victoria Song

Ani. I didn't see him. Don't worry, Sica. He'll be here. :)

Do well on your performances!

Fighting^^

 

Jessica sighed. Her heart aches for Joon and she realized how much she missed him.

The talent program continued without havoc and finally, it was time for Jessica and Jonghyun's drama. Jonghyun smiled at Jessica and his mic.

Jonghyun's voice was projected across the auditorium.

"Annyeong haseyo, Kim Jonghyun imnida. I never fell in love, until about a year ago. I learned that love is not simple. I'm a player and I know a lot of you will criticize me for this. I played with every girl's heart because I felt that if I stayed in a relationship, my heart would broken first. So, to prevent that from happening, I was the heartbreaker. It was spiteful of me to do this and I regret it. However, there was one girl I loved with all my heart and to her, I say thank you for making me be a better person. To my noona I say, thank you for being there at the wrong time."

Jessica froze. Though she was supposed to come on stage at this moment, she reclined for a few seconds. She was touched by Jonghyun's words. Over the several times he had recited these lines, she had simply ignored them. After sincerely listening to them, she had to smile and believe that Jonghyun was really saying those words, not just acting them.

A young woman walked onto the stage. Her face showed extreme vivacity, as if she is in love. She hummed a love song to herself and sat down in a chair.

"Wasn't this Jessica a few months ago?" Seungyeon whispered to Narsha. Narsha nodded, holding back her laughter.

Her phone rang. "Yeobo seyo?"

"Sica-Chu!" A masculine voice said cutely.

"Oppa! Where are you?" The woman asked, smiling.

"Yah, I don't even get a proper greeting." The man complained.

The woman smiled and sweetly said, "Oppa...."

"I'm almost there. Bye." The man stated .

The woman held her phone tightly and looked around for her love.

He appeared behind her and put his hands on her eyes.

"Jonghyun oppa!" She smiled brightly and removed the hands.

"Jessica Jung." Jonghyun grinned and took the seat across from her.

"So, our day is coming." Jonghyun said.

Jessica blushed.

"Yah, what day are they talking about?" Victoria nudged Amber furiously.

"Byuntae, its not what you think it is." Amber smirked.

"What do you want to do for it?" Jonghyun questioned.

"Lets simply spend the day together."

"Wow, already 200 days together...." Jonghyun mused.

"Yes. 200 days of happiness..."

"Aigoo...you're so cute!" Jonghyun pinched her cheeks. Jessica blushed.

"Its almost funny how she's actually blushed when he pinched her cheeks." Amber whispered to Seungyeon.

"I know. I wish they were still together." Seungyeon sighed.

"Yah, Joon likes her though!" Narsha whispered loudly.

"I know but still." Seungyeon said.

Jonghyun's eyes were twinkling when he said, "Jess, meet me here at 8:00 PM tomorrow. Okay?"

"Waeyo?"

"Just come." Jonghyun winked at her and she nodded.

Jessica looked at her phone and gasped.

"Omona! I have to go, oppa! Unnie needs help with her packing! Bye!" Jessica exclaimed.

"Wait one second." Jessica's eyes widened. This wasn't part of the script. Jonghyun was supposed to give her a short hug and let her leave.

Jonghyun picked Jessica's chin up with fragility and kissed her. On the lips.

The audience cheered and clapped.

Victoria and Seungyeon dropped their jaws, while Amber and Narsha applauded and whistled.

At the end of the auditorium, Lee Joon stared at Jessica forlornly.

Jessica closed her eyes and hugged Jonghyun before slipping away.

The curtains closed and opened a moment later.

"I wonder what he is going to do." Jessica thought aloud. She checked the time, 6:55, and hurried off.   It was the next day and she was getting ready to leave the house to meet Jonghyun at the coffee shop. She was already running late.

Even with her quick strides, she reached her destination five minutes late. She looked around for Jonghyun and she noticed that he wasn't here yet.

Jessica waited. She continued waiting for one hour. She checked the time again an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter