Chapter 002

That Should Be Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~~Chapter 002~~

"Break ups are malevolent. I hate them as much as anyone else. But recently, university students from Seoul National University took a survey on what type of break up was the worst. The winner was 'Finding out that your significant other was cheating on you with another man or woman'. I agree, that's hurtful, isn't it? If this has happened to you, please don't fret. Its their loss. 1,2,3 hwaiting! Annyeong! MC Kim Taeyeon will see you next time!"

Jessica woke up to the sound of MC Kim Taeyeon's voice. She groaned and shoved her head under the pilow.

She noticed that someone had left something to eat next to her bed. She sighed and clutched the plate of food, carrying into the kitchen.

"Good morning, baby Jung." Victoria greeted. Baby Jung was Victoria's affectionate name for Jessica, as Jessica had a baby face.

"Did you make this?" Jessica asked.

"Ani. Joon did. Seungyeon met him on campus and he gave it to her all wrapped up. I just unwrapped it and put it on a plate." Victoria explained.

"I better thank him." Jessica was about to reach for the phone when Victoria stopped her.

"Do that later. How are you?" Victoria asked gently.

Jessica shrugged. "I thought Jonghyun was a good person."

"Maybe it was just another Kim Jonghyun." Victoria suggested.

"Don't try to make the reality nonexistent." Jessica sighed, putting her head down on the table.

Victoria suddenly stood up, her eyes glistening with an idea.

"I'll be right back." Victoria said, walking out of the dorm. She quietly slipped into Jessica's room, grabbed her phone, and head out the dorm.

She began to search for Jonghyun's number and discovered that Jessica had made several calls to Jonghyun over the past two weeks. However, Victoria also noticed that the calls were only one or two seconds long, showing that Jessica must've forced herself to end the call, before the person on the other end could pick up.

Victoria entered a number onto her phone, after finding Jonghyun's contact on Jessica's phone.

"Yeobo seyo?"

"Hi, Jonghyun. Its me Jessica's friend, Victoria. I just wanted to know how you're doing without Jessica."

Jonghyun widened his eyes and replied, "Uh, I'm doing okay, I guess. How's Sica?"

"Jessica is lonely and dreary, as well. She wishes for you to come back. But of course, you guys decided that you would spend some time apart. So, how are you?" Victoria smiled slyly.

"Aigoo...I'm sorry to hear that. I'm going to Gwangju tomorrow. I won't be back for a few days, so tell Jessica we can meet up in a few days. We have to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter