Chapter 9

Waiting for My Love

Finally, there was no pain left. I dragged the rope out of the closet, and in that moment, I heard a familiar voice. "Baby, no. I love you too much, please don't do this to yourself," my mom whispered in my ear.

"You took too long, Mom," I replied, fumbling to tie a knot. I had never learned how; Taemin got in the way. " you, too, Taemin," I said. I immediately hated my words and wanted to untangle them from the air, even though he would never get to hear them. This was a way of telling me that Taemin was going to keep me from dying.

"Key-hyung?" a small voice said outside the door. I looked up, dropped the rope, and went over to the door. "Key-hyung? Are you in there?"

"Umm, yeah. I'm here," I responded, confused. "Taemin?"

"Yes, it's me. What are you doing in there? Are you okay?" Taemin asked with a quivering voice.

"Taemin, please go. I don't want you to get hurt," I told him.

"Key, I know what you're about to do. Please don't die. If not for yourself, do it for everyone else. They'll miss you too much," he stated. I scoffed.

"Yeah, right. Taemin, you're the only one I'd be leaving. Not even my dad would care, RIGHT DAD?!" I shouted out, trying to make him think hard about how much he would miss me. He probably wouldn't, and if I told Taemin I loved him before I left, my dad would be grateful to see my dead body. He would hate to have an "unmanly" son that likes guys.

"No, I would care, Key-hyung! Do it for me then, if you won't do it for anyone else!" he begged. I wished I could see his face one last time. The cute face I loved, but now it was gone. Even if I looked at it, it would be messed up from an old friend's hatred. "Hyung, please answer me! Are you still there?"

"I'm still here, Taemin," I answered quietly.

"Good. Hyung, please get out of there. If you die, I'll live the rest of my life in misery and hate myself for not saving you. I beg of you, please don't make me do that," he pleaded tearfully. Taemin's irresistable voice had gone from a painful beg to horrible cry for me to stay. "And I know I'm not going to stop you from taking your own life. I'm just going to tell you how much I'll miss you. And how much you meant to me."

The way he said this as if I was already gone made me cry. Minho and Jinki and Dad and all the other people that used to make me happy had left. But Taemin was going to grow up in depression, hating himself for my deeds. I couldn't do that to my lovely dongsaeng, so I had already decided to stay alive for him. But I wanted to hear more, so I didn't tell him. "Taemin-ah, I need to ask you something. We haven't known each other for that long. Why do you want me to keep going with this suffering life?"

"Hyung, I need you."

"Tell me why. You can be so much better, have so many more friends, and become whoever or whatever you want without me," I countered.

"No, I can't. I can't be what I want without you. You're too important," he said.

"Why? What do you want to be?" I asked. There was a horrifying pause so I was afraid he left. I grabbed the rope and went back to the door. "Taemin? Please answer me!"

Another silence.

 "Taemin!"

"I can't tell you, hyung...."

"Lee Taemin! I will die if you don't tell me! Please!" I yelled.

"Kibum, I have a secret that I've wanted to tell you since I sat next to you on the first day."

"What, Taemin? I want to know!" I replied in an eager voice as I found that our conversation had turned in to a replay of my mom's and mine when I was little.

"I can't be what I want without you because I want to be yours. And I want you to be mine. I love you," he responded quietly. A large grin appeared on my face as I unlocked the door and opened it to hug Taemin. I held his small, shaking body in my arms and let him bury his face in my shirt.

"That's all I needed to know, Taemin-ah. I love you, too," I told him. I could tell he was crying, but they weren't happy  tears.

"I was so scared, Key...." he stated in a small voice, still shaking horribly. I petted his soft hair to calm him down.

"Don't worry, Taemin. I'm here now, and I'll stay as long as you're mine."

____________________________________________________________________________

HELLO! I need your opinion guys.... Should I keep going? I still have plenty of ideas, one includes unrequited love from a lost friend he had forgotten about when all his friends left. But OMFG B1A4 STOP SINGING AHHHH!!! Sorry, fangirl moment. They sound like angels *melts* Anyway, I want to know if you guys want more. This is a good stopping point, though. So please tell me in the comments, and feel free to subscribe! I really do read the comments and they make me so happy <3 HASHI KONATA FIGHTING!!!