Chapter 10

Waiting for My Love

At school, I noticed one thing. Well, two things. One, Taemin was so much happier, and two, Jinki was avoiding me. He sat far away from me in class, and he no longer looked at me, much less talked to me. Minho was no longer around, so he had a reason to be shy. Taemin couldn't seem to care, though.

"Key, do you actually like me?" Taemin whispered in between a class. I gave him a strange look and laughed at his serious expression. But he seemed very worried about this, so I ruffled his hair.

"Of course, I do, Taemin. Why do you ask?" I questioned, so he gave me a blush and a side smile, looking down at the floor.

"I'll tell you later, hyung," he answered, walking swiftly away. I left to my class, feeling a little bit frustrated that he wouldn't answer. But I knew I would receive one later, so I came to him right at lunch and asked why he would think differently of me loving him.

"Well, I just thought that... Never mind," he paused and avoided my eyes, but I quickly came back into his gaze again. He smiled and blushed like earlier, but this time, I had his eyes.

"What? Taemin, why don't you tell me?" I asked desperately.

"Well, you haven't technically asked me to be your boyfriend yet, so I was just making sure," he told me. I smiled back.

"Hey, Taemin. I have a question for you," I stated. He giggled and nodded excitedly. "Will you be my boyfriend?" I asked quietly, making sure no one could hear my "confession" out loud.

"Of course, hyung! I'd love to!" Taemin answered happily. I could tell he would've hugged me if I wasn't across the table from him, and I was somewhat glad because no one would specifically see that we loved each other.

"Taemin, I have one more question. Did Minho beat you up?" I asked suspiciously. Taemin's excited smile vanished and was replaced with an uneasy frown. His eyes met the floor again. "Taemin? Are you okay?"

"No."

"Well, can you tell me what happened?" I asked sweetly, hoping to coax words out of him. But his response was only the weak shake of his head. "Why not?"

"You told me that was the last question, Key," he replied.

"And you believed me?" I questioned with a smile. He glanced into my eyes, but once he got in my gaze, he wouldn't get out. "Was it Minho?"

No response. He opened his mouth to say something, but he caught himself and closed it again. "Taemin, answer me please," I said gently, trying very hard to make sure my voice would be enough for his words to come out.

"I.... Hyung?"

"Yes?" I responded, happy to find his voice again.

"Minho is...." he trailed off. I slipped my hand closer and closer to his, but he didn't seem to notice.

"Go on, Taemin," I coaxed him. He inhaled deeply and let the air back out.

"Minho is in the hospital for me, right?" he asked. I nodded ashamedly, but I still trekked my fingers closer until I only had to breathe to touch his hand.

"But he hurt you. And I couldn't have that," I told him, finally laying my hand on his. He looked down at them and smiled, but then he frowned again. I felt like there was something he wasn't telling me. "Taemin, you're my boyfriend, right?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Then tell me," I commanded him. He sighed.

"Key-hyung, what if... what if I told that..."

"Spit it out, Taemin! Come on!"

"What if I told you that Minho didn't hurt me?"

"so I beat him up for no reason?" He nodded slowly. "Damn it,Taemin, why didn't you tell me?!" I yelled, ripping my hand away from his. but he smiled.

"At least I know you would protect me hyung," he said. I was so confused.

"But then, who was it?" I asked him. He bit his bottom lip and looked away, then told me the name. I had forgotten theft name for a while, but now I was surprised to hear it.

______________________________________________________________________________

Hello! I'm so glad to be back! I missed you guys, and this fic. Ahhhh, I love this taekey. Anyway thanks for reading another chapter! Subscribe and comment ^-^ Hashi Konata Fighting!