Chapter 6

Waiting for My Love

Taemin came in and sat next to me, immediately putting his head down on the desk, so I tapped on his shoulder. "Hey, Taemin," I said happily. He brought his head up, but he stared straight forward.

"Hi, Key," he said quietly. I frowned.

"Taemin?" I asked. He slowly turned his head to look at me, but he only turned to show part of his face. His eyes showed pain. "What happened?"

"Nothing, Key," he replied, even quieter than before.

"No, what's wrong? Why are you so quiet?" I asked in concern.

"Nothing happened. I just don't want to talk right now," Taemin answered, staring forward again. I had lost my crush, I mean, only friend. He refused to speak to me anymore, just like my dad. I stared down at my paper and started taking notes.

After that class, I went to my next one without a word. Well, I tried to. "Key, wait," he said. I kept walking.

"Taemin, I thought you didn't want to talk to me."

"No, that's not true at all!" he answered. I stopped and turned around. Taemin's eye was dark and swollen and he had a long, deep cut along his temple, both on the side I never saw. He covered his eye and his cut and bit his lip. I gasped.

"What the hell happened to you?!" I asked, taking his hand off his face. I could by the look in his eyes that he was absolutely terrified.

"Key, I... I, umm..." Taemin struggled for an explanation.

"Taemin, why didn't you tell me?!" I yelled at him. "You're hurt and you didn't tell me?!"

"I, I'm sorry," he replied. I noticed how scared he was and he looked as if he was going to cry. "I'm really sorry. I was going to tell you, but then you might freak out and get mad at me," he explained. I let out a sigh and watched people weave around us.

"Taemin, I'm not mad at you. I'm just worried. Do you want me to take you to the nurse's office?" I asked.

"Okay," he answered quietly after a while. I smiled and put my arm around him, to calm down the terrified little Taemin. I started to walk him down to the nurse's office, and I could feel his body shaking.

"Calm down buddy, you're shaking," I told him. I looked to his face and saw tears streaming down from his eyes, so I stopped, went in front of him, and planted my hands on his perfect shoulders. "Hey, Taemin, look at me, okay? You're fine. We're just going to take you down to the nurse's office, and I'll leave you there and-"

"But I don't want you to leave, hyung," he said, hugging me tightly. Taemin, I think I love you. I wrapped my arms around him as I felt a warm giggly feeling inside.

"I have to, though. I have class," I answered him silently. I held him close and then I released him. "Come on, we have to go," I said.

"Kibum, please stay with me," he pleaded with a sincere tone. I didn't respond; I just took his hand and pulled him the rest of the way there. I left him in there. "Key, please! I want you to stay!"

"Taemin, I really can't. I definitely would stay, I promise," I told him. He hugged me again, probably bracing himself for possibly the rest of the day without me. And I did so as well, but I had to let go. "Bye, Taemin." I told him. As I left, I felt a wave of sadness and guilt wash over me. I continued walking down the empty halls even though I no longer had Taemin to walk with me. And I guess Taemin felt the same, because he no longer had me to protect and stay with him.

I am such a terrible hyung.

____________________________________________________________________________

Hi. Sort of a sad chapter, I know. I felt bad when I was writing this because I love Taemin, and I knew Key would feel bad for leaving him, but now Key finally knows that Taemin isn't just a friend anymore.... Aren't you guys excited?! I have lots of ideas for the chapters to come, so get ready ^-^ love you! Hashi Konata, FIGHTING YAY!!! *super excited*