Chapter 13

Waiting for My Love

When I got back to school, I couldn't even look at Taemin anymore. "Hi, Key-hyung," he greeted me.

"Hmph," I grunted as a response. He touched my arm, but I quickly shook his hand off. "Don't touch me."

"Hyung, what's wrong?" Taemin asked, pushing my arm. I almost immediately flicked my arm back and hit him. "Ow! Why did you do that?" he whined.

"I told you not to touch me, idiot," I repeated agitatedly. He gasped, but I didn't turn to look at him. My mom was too important to me to care about Taemin anymore.

"What did I do to you?" he questioned sadly. I didn't respond. I couldn't, what was I supposed  to say? 'Taemin, I can't believe you would say that about my mom.' Jonghyun broke his promise to tell me! That would only piss Taemin off!

He asked me again at lunchtime. "If I told you, you'd hate me," I said. His mouth hung open.

"Yeah, right! As if you don't already hate me! Come on!" Taemin answered defensively. There was a long pause before I told him.

"Well, I know what you said. Jonghyun told me," I responded quietly. His mouth closed and he gave me a confused look.

"You already knew that, though. He just overreacted and beat me up!" he replied. What?! I didn't know that because it's not ing true!

"WHAT?! How could he not beat you up over that?! I can't believe you're even doubting how wrong that was!" I yelled. He looked sincerely hurt, but I didn't give a about how much it hurt him. He said I was a failure, and that my mother, that he didn't even know, committed suicide because of me.

"But I thought you felt the same way, Key-hyung," he said in a quivering voice. Go ahead! Cry, Taemin! You deserve it!

"WHY WOULD I FEEL THE SAME WAY ABOUT THAT, YOU ING IDIOT?! I can't have a boyfriend that doesn't know the difference between right and completely wrong!" I shouted at him. That second, he fell apart. He whimpered and cried, burying his face in his hands and leaving my table.

He was promptly replaced by Jonghyun. "Hey, Kibum," he chimed in an upbeat manor. I looked up at him and smiled tiredly. "Hard break up, huh?" I nodded.

"I can't believe he would even think that I would agree with that! I mean, really?" I said.

"Well, he's gone now. He won't bother you anymore," he stated.

I got home and stomped up to my room. "Something wrong, Kibum?" Dad questioned in concern. I shook my head.

"No. I'm fine," I replied. I slammed my room door and got out my phone from my pocket. I called my mom.

"Hi, you've reached Ms. Kim. I'm not here right now, so leave a message at the beep." Beep.

"Mom. It's Kibum. Jonghyun was helping me. Taemin said you killed yourself because I was such a failure to you," I paused as I gave real thought to his words. "I am a failure to you, aren't I? That's why you left me... But it doesn't matter, Taemin is my boyfriend. He shouldn't have told me I was a failure."

I gave another pause before I ended. "And one more thing, Mom. I'm sorry."

"Is that who you were talking to?" my dad stood at my doorway. I looked up in shock, but then I only felt ashamed of myself. What kind of son calls his dead mom over and over?

"I... I miss Mom...." I stammered. He nodded knowingly.

"I do, too, son. I miss Mom, too."

"But she didn't make you a promise to stay," I countered childishly. My dad gave a small smile.

"She did, though. She made her promise when she said, 'I do,'" he dodged. He had loved her, and she loved him. That's all they needed to keep a promise.

Love is apparently the only one keeping promises here.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading another chapter! You guys are so sweet and supportive ^-^ Saranghae! And feel free to subscribe and comment if you haven't already! Hashi Konata Fighting!