Chapter 12

Waiting for My Love

I called him a few nights later, a Saturday, at 11. I didn't even know what I was doing, or why, but I knew that I wanted to talk to him. "Hello?" a familiar voice answered tiredly.

 "Hi," I replied. There was a slight chuckle on the other end.

"Man, Key. I haven't heard from you in a long while," he said. I was confused on why he wasn't gagging yet. All the people that left had hated me.

"Yeah, I know. There's a reason for it," I said coldly. My mind was set against him now that Taemin had gotten hurt, even though I couldn't believe that he would do that. I had to believe my boyfriend first, though.

There was a pause before he answered, as if gathering words to say. "Care to tell me that reason, Kibum?" his voice asked gently, like my mother's when there was something wrong. I became furious at his easy tone. As if he didn't already know?

"You know why. No point in repeating it," I growled. He let out another quiet chuckle, very tired this time.

"Indulge me, then. Give me my reason," he said in a sickeningly sweet tone.

"How could you hurt Taemin?!"

"Kibum, how could you accuse me of that? I barely know Taemin," he contradicted.

"Then why would you beat him up?" I said.

"Kibum...." he trailed off. I scoffed, forcing his words out. "I promised I wouldn't tell you what he said, Kibum."

"You know how much I hate promises! Tell me!" I yelled at him. He sighed.

"Calm down. I'll tell you," he said. I patiently sat on my bed in the darkness, awaiting an answer.

"I'm waiting. Tell me."

"Taemin, he, ummm.... He said something about your mom," my 'friend' answered. My mouth hung open in disbelief. "He said that your mom didn't love you. She was unhappy to have such a failure of a son, so she killed herself. And your dad covered it up with a car crash."

"That's not what happened! You're lying to me! Taemin wouldn't say that!" I yelled out, making tears fall. I covered my mouth to keep him from hearing my whimpers.

"It's true. I was only trying to defend you," he said quietly. I winced at the sheer fact/lie that Taemin could even think of saying such things.

"You're lying! I know you are!" I choked out. His sigh filled the air again.

"Yah, Key, you know me better. Everything I say needs to be worthwhile, so why waste words on lies?" he asked. I only sat there, trembling and blinking back the tears from my eyes. It was painfully true; this guy was known to be quiet, a man of few words, and the words he did say had to be true.

"But I don't understand.... Why would he say that?" I whimpered.

"I don't know. But I knew he was wrong, so I couldn't let him think that. I beat him up," he admitted. I stayed quiet for a few seconds. "Key? Are you still there?"

"Yes. Thank you," I replied with a sniffle.

"At least you know the truth now. Why do you care so much about Taemin anyway?" his voice had a prick of curiosity and mischievousness. I frowned.

"Because he was the only... friend I had after you guys left me," I told him.

"I'm still your friend. Or talking to you at least. And why did you pause?" he asked.

"Because he's more than that now. My boyfriend, or at least he was before you told me this. I'll have to break up with him on Monday," I responded with a sigh.

"Aw, I'm sorry to hear that. But like I said, at least you know the truth now. Goodnight, Key," he ended, leaving the rest of the call to me when I heard the tone. And just like that, I ended my latest call to Kim Jonghyun.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hi! I love you guys *hugs* sorry, I'm just really happy that I finished another chapter! YAY! And now we got Jonghyun to join the party *parties with drinks and Jonghyun and-* stop partying, Lilly.... >.< anyway, I know this is a Taekey fic, but I'm just adding drama. So don't judge. Like always, subscribe and comment! HASHI KONATA HWAITING! (Going all Korean today, baby XD)

P.S. I love the comments guys. Seriously, they make me feel so happy and giddy and fangirly ^-^