Chapter 15

Waiting for My Love

I arrived in school with Jonghyun, our hands linked together. He walked me to  my first period, and Taemin obviously noticed. His eyes were red and puffy, his hair messy, and he took one look at me and buried his face in his hands. I felt a little bad, though. I was just his boyfriend the other day! How could I be so terrible to him?

"Hi, Key," he said in a hoarse voice.

"Hi, Taemin," I replied. Don't feel sorry for him! Don't you remember his words? I hated theses conflicting messages in my brain. They were only reminders of how he had saved my life, but at the same time, he had no respect for me or my mom. But he loved me...

"Key, can I talk to you after school?" Taemin asked quietly, his voice still crackling. I suddenly felt a pang of sadness punch me in the stomach. Why did it matter so much about how she died? Mom was still gone forever.

"Fine," I groaned, trying to make myself sound tough, like always.

She promised to love me forever. She may have broken her other promise, but this one, she kept until the day she died. When she was killed in a car crash. She didn't kill herself; she couldn't have. I know she loved me, so why bother hating Taemin for his obviously false assumption?

After school, I went over to Taemin. His eyes lit up to see me, but mine only reflected unforgiveness. His smile faded as he saw my eyes. "Why do you hate me so much?"

"Because of your conversation with Jonghyun," I said simply. Taemin glanced up at me in pain and guilt.

"But- but hyung, I- I never said that-"

"Yeah, right. Then what did you say?" I forcefully replied. He took my hand, but I jerked it away. "Don't touch me," I hissed.

"I- I said- I told him that...."

"SPIT IT OUT, LEE TAEMIN! I'm not afraid to leave you here!" I yelled at him. He flinched at the sound of my raised my voice.

"I told him that I loved you," he almost whispered.

"No, you didn't... You're lying...." the words escaped my lips before I could stop them. His eyes reverted back to mine, with his sad and painfully honest expression.

"I'm not. But now I can't be yours anymore. I might as well die if I'm not allowed to be yours anymore," he said, turning and leaving me. It didn't make sense. Why would Jonghyun beat Taemin up for that? Unless....

"Kim Jonghyun, you lied to me," I said angrily into the phone call. His light chuckle regarded me as an idiot.

"I told you. I don't need to waste words on lies, Kibum," he repeated. I felt a few of tears on my cheeks, but ignored them.

"But you lied. I know Taemin's words. You weren't helping me," I said firmly with an angry shake of my voice.

"Wasn't I? He's gone, isn't he?" I found his reason. He.... loved me?

"I- yah, Jonghyun, do you.... do you like me?" I asked shakily. There was utter silence for about a minute, so I spoke up again. "Jonghyun, are you still there?"

"Yes, I like you," he finally responded.

"So I left Taemin because he told you that he loved me?" I asked.

"Yes. But now you love me, right?" he said. I bit my lip, hard enough to make sure that I was in danger of breaking skin.

"Yes," I said, ending the call. My thoughts raced back and forth between which did more damage: Jonghyun's lies about Taemin, or my lies about loving Jonghyun.

Taemin. Oh. My. God. I might as well die if I'm not allowed to be yours anymore.

Suddenly, my only thought was Taemin. I called him, but there was no answer. "Please pick up!" I yelled frantically. I went out and got in my car, driving to his house as quickly as I could.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Here is another chapter! Sorry it took so long. I feel terrible for leaving you guys T^T I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Hashi Konata Fighting!