Chapter 11

Waiting for My Love

"How would you know him?" I asked, but Taemin just bit his lip and looked away. "More importantly, how did he know you?"

"I don't know...." Taemin responded. I looked him in the eyes and I could tell he was lying.

"I know you do, Taemin. Tell me," I said. He looked back into my eyes with a dull, hurting expression.

"Key, we knew each other from around school. Then one day, I told him something that he didn't like, so he beat me up," he answered finally.

"What did you tell him?" I questioned, holding his hand.

"I made a promise not to tell anyone," he countered, his voice trembling heavily as if he was about to cry.

"Of course, my Kibum. I'll stay here forever, I promise."

"God damn it, Taemin. Don't make promises. They hurt people too much, you know that?" I muttered. "Promises are lies mixed with false hope. That's all they are, lies."

"But I'm keeping this one," he said, so I gave him a stern look because he obviously didn't get it.

"That would mean lying to me," I told him. He looked away again. "Promises are evil."

"Why do you care so much?" he questioned. That was a good question; why did I care so much about a stupid promise? It's just a secret that I shouldn't know.

Then it hit me. "Hey, come here, Kibum. I have a secret," It's my mom's fault, just a little. I'm too obsessed with secrets. I need to know, especially if it's worth a promise. And it's the reason Taemin was beaten up.

"I care because you got hurt because of it."

That day, I went home and sat on the couch. My dad sat next to me and turned the T.V on to some soccer game. I had never actually watched soccer before. I've played it with friends before, but never watched it. It was somewhat interesting, but it was much more amusing when my dad yelled at the screen whenever there was a goal or made fun of the players.

"That was awful! Run faster! You got on the team to play soccer, not dance like a ballerina!"

"Dad, they can't hear you," I reminded him with a giggle. He looked back at me.

"I know, Kibum. It's more fun to pretend they do, though," he told me. I nodded and joined in on the fun, even though I couldn't stop thinking of something almost entirely different.

I had a friend who had a killer kick whenever we played soccer. He could it all the way across the field into the goal. My dad said that he was allowed to join my family if he could teach me how to do that. He was without a doubt the best at soccer out of our group of friends, and also the quietest. At least, when I still had friends, and he was one of them. He left, just like the rest, when I became motherless.

But now, I had the same thought circling in my mind because of him. Why would he use that skill to break Taemin? Did he know how much Taemin meant to me?

_________________________________________________________________________________

Here's another chapter! Don't worry, the name will come soon enough. But for right now, I'm going to do something completely uncalled for. HAHA I KNOW WHO IT IS AND YOU DON'T!!! XD I'm so childish ^-^ Subscribe, comment, give me cookies (jk) and I hope you have enjoyed another chapter! Hashi Konata fighting!