Chapter 7

Waiting for My Love

I went back to class and the teacher scolded me until I told her that I had to take Taemin down to the nurse's office. Then a terrible thought popped into my head. Minho.

I went straight to him at lunch. "Choi Minho! What the hell is wrong with you?!" I yelled at him. He stared at me in confusion, so I grabbed his collar. "Don't look at me like that! You know what you did!"

"I honestly don't know what you're talking about, Kibum. Are you out of your mind?" Minho replied calmly with an annoying smile. I forced him back to the concrete wall, where his head whipped backwards and banged against it. Hard. 

"Yes, YOU DO! You broke Taemin!" I yelled at him. He slumped down the wall with pain left on his face. I went over to him and stared at him. "Oh my god, Minho, are you okay?" I asked worriedly, sitting in front of him. He nodded and pulled me forward by my collar. That's when he punched me in the mouth. The pain didn't bother me. It was my lack of protection for Taemin that bothered me, and I took it out on Minho. I punched him in the face and heard a quiet but very evident cracking noise, which seemed to silence the entire lunchroom. He was unconscious.

I felt someone pull me back, away from Minho. I sat on the floor in shock. What did I just do? "Kibum! What did you do to him?!" Jinki shouted. I assumed he was the one who pulled me.

"Kim Kibum! Go to the principal's office right now! Assualting another student is unacceptable!" a teacher yelled behind me. I stood up slowly, wide-eyed at my recent deed. Minho used to be my best friend, but now, I had just broken something on his face.

My legs wobbled as I walked in disbelief to the principal's office. I had one thought blocking me from anything: I didn't do that. How could that have been me? I went into her office and sat in the chair, leaning forward with my face buried in my palms. I was completely silent. We both were, until she said two words. "I heard."

"I'm so sorry. I'm an idiot, Ms. Jung. I'm such an idiot," I replied with my face still hidden.

"Kibum. Don't say that. I know you're a very smart kid, and a very good one, too. Unfortunately, your parents will have-"

"My mom is dead," I cut her off. Thankfully, I had covered my face and I hid my tears.

"I'm sorry. Your father will have to know about this. Do you know Minho has a broken nose and a concussion? He can't come to school for the next week if not more!" Ms. Jung said defensively. I pushed my hands into my wet face even harder. I had wanted to die since my mom had left this world. Now, I knew I would do everyone a favor to die as soon as possible. Ms. Jung must've noticed that I felt absolutely terrible because she spoke in a softer tone. "Kibum, you are a great person and student. I don't know why you would act like this all of a sudden."

That was when I realized that I beat up Minho not just because of Taemin. It was the whole reason I hated him, our fight that killed our friendship. I remembered that I was really messed up after Mom died, and Minho came over to help me. He was being a good friend.

"Little Key, I feel awful about your mother."

"Don't call me Little Key. Just because I'm smaller than you doesn't mean I'm small," I snapped. I had already started walking away.

"Key, let's talk," he said. Just like Mom said when I was sad. I turned and scowled at him.

"Don't play those words, Choi Minho," I told him hatefully.

"I wasn't playing! I want to help you!" he replied defensively.

"I don't need your help! You don't know what it feels like to lose her!"

"I know, but I can only imagine how much it must hurt. I'm your best friend, so why can't you talk to me?" I shook my head.

"Best friends are good at telling when the other doesn't want to talk or when they do. You weren't there when I needed you, so you're obviously not," I told him, referring go when my mom had first died. He avoided me in school.

"So we're not friends anymore?!" Minho questioned in disbelief. I shook my head slowly and walked away, leaving my old best friend the dust.

I could hardly believe that I was the one to hurt him. But he hurt you first, right, Key? Remember Taemin?

That's no excuse to take it out on Minho.

________________________________________________________________________

Sorry this took so long, guys! I had school, the biggest interrupter of everything >.< but I tried to make this a good chapter, so I hope you like it! Subscribe and comment and a huge thanks to all my readers! Saranghae~ ^-^ Hashi Konata! Fighting!