Chapter 5

Waiting for My Love

I stayed there on the couch. What the hell am I going to do now?! According to Dad, Taemin is a "friend" from school and also a girl. According to Taemin, I'm lonely and need a friend. And according to me, I don't want to like Taemin or Dad. Now Dad will want to talk to me about Taemin, the girl. And if I tell him that I think I like this girl, and the real Taemin comes to the house, my Dad will disown me and never talk to me, once again. "Ugh, this is hard...." I groaned. I pulled out my phone and called Mom, only getting her voice mail. "Mom, please come back. I need you, and life's too confusing. I think I like Taemin, but I can't say that because then everything will go wrong, and I'm dying here...." I said into the voicemail. I ended the call afterwards.

The next day, I went to school and found Taemin sitting in the same seat as always. I have to admit, he was pretty handsome. I went over to my seat and smiled at him. "Hi, Taemin," I said to him with a wave. He looked over to me and smiled.

"Annyeong, Kibum," he replied. Should I tell him? I looked into his eyes. They were so kind and eager. His smile was beautiful, and I was a little mad at myself for not noticing it before.

"Taemin, I want to talk to you after school..." I said. He nodded. I couldn't wait until the end of the day.

The rest of the day was so happy and exciting, but it was going to pale in comparison of the end. "Hi, Taemin," I said with a shy smile. He smiled back and waved.

"Hi, hyung. What did you want to tell me?" Taemin asked curiously. I came forward and took his hands, looking into his eyes.

"Taemin, I think I love you," I told him. Taemin cracked up, but I only gave a confused look to him. "What's so funny?"

"Hyung, I must've heard you wrong. I thought you said you loved me!" he responded with laughter. I frowned at him.

"I did say that...." I said quietly, ending his laughter immediately. He looked up into my eyes with sorrow and pity, but I didn't want to look him in the eyes anymore, so I stared at the ground.

"No, you didn't. You said-"

"That's what I said, Taemin. I think I love you," I interrupted quickly.

"Hyung, I'm straight. I don't like you that way. I'm sorry," he responded, taking his hands out of mine. He left me, even though that's when I needed a friend most.... I think I love him. I told myself. I heard quiet ringing in my head until it got louder and louder....

"Gaaah!" I yelled out as I woke up. I was so disoriented and annoyed to wake up. But I was also somewhat glad that it was all a dream. New rule: do not, under any circumstances, confess to Taemin. Things will go completely wrong and I have no mother to make me feel better anymore. I wanted her back more than anything, though. I got out of bed and dressed. I got ready for school like always, but today was going to be terrible, I could tell. I could tell when my dad patted my back before I went out the door.

"Good luck with that girl of yours today, Kibum," he said with a smile. I smiled back and nodded, even though I literally felt like I could puke.

I went to class and sighed as I sat in my seat. Jinki passed me, punching my shoulder. Hard. "Onew, that hurt," I said. What a stupid mistake. He punched me even harder and smiled. Of course, because he's one of my old friends/new enemies.

"I hope it did, Kibum. I know you're the weaker one," he said. I looked up at him.

"Hyung, I thought you were in a different class," I replied, rubbing my arm.

"Hey ," Minho walked in. I knew this was going to be a terrible day....

_______________________________________________________________________________

Hey! Sorry this chapter took too long. It was sorta hard to do, but now it's finished and I'm happy ^-^ hope you guys like it! Hashi Konata Fighting!