Hope

Bring honour to us all

Tao had woken up in the early hours of the morning, planning on setting up the field ready for his trainees to start his next task .

The light was still dim, and the air still had a night chill to it.

But all in all, the new day had a good feeling about it. 

Tao stepped out of the tent he was sharing with Sehun (who was too far in sleep land to even consider being awake) and looked across the camp. 

There were no signs of disturbance around the tents. 

But then he spotted someone sneaking off towards the training ground.

Tao decided that it was too early to be yelling, so went for quietly walking after whoever it was. 

Making sure to keep to the shadows and out of sight, Tao followed the stranger to where they stopped at the pillar.

Tao frowned at this. 

Surely they hadnt woken up this early in the morning to try to complete Taos stupid chalange?

Most of the soldiers had made their one attempt and decided it was hopeless. 

But here was someone planning on completeing it? 

Tao was intrigued to see what'll happen. 

 

Jongin jolted awake and groaned. 

His feet and fingers felt like ice, and his back and neck definitely had better days. 

He saw that Yixing and Suho were curled up next to each other.

On the ground.

Outside.

He groaned again, looking around.

It was morning, but only just. 

He blearily looked around the quiet camp and noticed someone sneaking off towards the training ground. 

Curious, Jongin decided to follow them. 

He stumbled up, his limbs achey from sleeping on the uncomfortable ground. 

He quickly walked towards the training ground, careful not to make too much noise. 

He hid in the shadows as he saw someone hiding on the opposite side behind one of the storage tents. 

It was Tao.

Jongin was about to shout over to him when he noticed he was staring at something.

He followed the direction of his shadowed face to see someone attempting to climb up the pillar. 

But his early morning brain couldn't for the life of him figure out who it was. 

 

Yixing awoke to the sound of boots slipping on wet grass.

He opened his eyes and saw that he'd slept outside with Suho and Jongin. 

The former being almost wrapped in his arms. 

Yixing looked around in time to see Jongin slipping off towards the training ground. 

Yixing detached himself from Suhos embrace (reluctantly) and began to follow Jongin. 

He was tired, but still curious enough to see what the other man was doing. 

Knowing him Jongin was probably just going to pee or something. 

Jongin stopped, and Yixing followed suit just a few metres from him. 

He noticed him looking at something and followed his gaze. 

At first he didnt see anything except a shadow in a shape of a potential person.

But as is eyes adjusted to the light he recognised it as the shout-y man he'd seen early. 

Presumably the trainer. 

But then his eyes were drawn to what the trainer was looking at. 

Someone was climbing up a pole that had an arrow at the top. 

What confused Yixing even more was that the man (he presumed) had weights tied to each of his wrists. 

What was even more amazing was the fact the person was using these weights to climb up the pillar. 

All three of the onlookers watched in awe as the person climbed up the pillar. 

Hours could've passed, but to Yixing, Jongin and Tao they went unnoticed as the stranger finally reached the top of the pillar, plucking the arrow from the wood. 

They then made their way down, taking the watchers out of their trance. 

Tao was the first to look around and notice Jongin and Yixing not far away from him still staring at the man.

And then the other 2 noticed Tao and eachother and gasped. 

Tao indicated for the other men to come closer to him.

The 'hero' still hadn't noticed he was being watched, and went about pulling the weights off his arms and relaxing his muscles. 

The other three still hadn't been able to see his face.

"I think i know him..." Jongin whispered to the others, who nodded in agreement. 

The man finally looked up at the sky and seemed to notice that it was getting light and quickly stumbled up from where he'd been slumped. 

He looked around and then smiled proudly at the arrow before making his way back to his tent. 

It was only as the light shone on his face when he was walking that Jongin, Yixing and Tao saw who it was. 

"Kris?" Tao spoke, or more like screeched, first. 

Yifan jumped wildly and looked to see 3 sets of eyes staring at him.

"Ta- Jongi- what?" He spluttered.

"That was-" Jongin began and then stopped, unable to find the words. 

"Amazing!" Tao walked over to Yifan and pulled him into a slightly one sided hug. 

Yifan was still in a daze after being found. 

He'd planned to wake up with the rest and when someone asked about the arrow he'd smugly show it to them. 

But it seemed fate had other plans. 

"Forget everything i said!" Tao pulled away slightly, though his arms were still wrapped loosely around Yifan. "You may be a bit of a hopeless case at fighting... but you have a fighters spirit and that must count to something, eh?" Tao laughed, squeezing the shocked Yifan. 

Yifan laughed weakly along with him, inside feeling a million times better.

Maybe he could do it!

For his family.

For his friends. 

And especially for himself!

Tao finally let go of him, and stepped away, allowing the others to speak. 

"I-" Jongin paused before laughing. "You're crazy, you know that?"

"Wha-" Yifan frowned.

"Totally mental! But you know what? I dont think i've ever been happier to be friends with such a crazy person!" 

Yixing also offered him congratulations before all 4 men made their way back to their tents to change (seeing as 2 of them had slept in their clothes and the other one had just climbed up a pole). 

To Yifan it all felt sureal. 

As if it hadnt really happened, and that those people hadnt really seen him, and that he was dreaming. 

But the arrow he still had clutched in his hand and the screams of pain coming from every muscle definielty denied that theory. 

Maybe he could make something of himself after all!


A/N~ so i know i've taken aaaages to update and sorry for that :/

just wanna say thanks to all you amazing people who've subscribed and commented and voted and whatever because it means soooo much to me :3 

hope you enjoy this chapter... i know its a bit 'meh' cos its a bit similar to the last but i just wanted to add the reactions i suppose... 

xoxoxox