Discipline and Strength - Part 1

Bring honour to us all

Yixing woke up the next day and planned to go down to find Jongin and Yifan. And so at 9:30 am he went down to the camp.

Unfortunately for him, by the time he got to the camp no one was there. 

He went back up to the tent where Soo and Suho were making lunch (as it was midday by now). 

"Any luck?" Suho asked the disappointed Yixing. He seemed to answer his own question, as he didn't wait for a reply, and wondered over to Yixing with a plate of food. "Here, this'll make you feel better! Soo made it, he's a really good cook!"

"Thanks, where is he?" Yizing accepted the dish and looked around for the other one. 

"Oh, i think he went to do something... possibly find water..." Suho said vaguely, digging into his own plate of food ravenously. 

Once they'd finished their food, both helped with the cleaning up and then sat down.

Silence followed, a silence that had a perfectly calm and comfortable air to it. 

After a while, Soo returned with some water. 

"Oh, you're back Yixing!" He smiled happily. "How was the food? I hope it wasn't too hot... or was there too much? i made too much didn't i? anyway, did you find Jongin and Yifan? No, of course you haven't! silly me!" 

Soo spoke so quickly that Yixing found it hard to concentrate. 

"Umm..." Was all he could say. 

Thankfully, it seemed that Soo had said everything he'd wanted to say and had started to re-clear up after them, humming a tune. 

Yixing and Suho shared a look that plainly said that they worried for their fellow companions sanity. 

 

*Meanwhile, at the training ground*

"Ok, lunch time!" Zitao called out to the pairs that were fighting (or lying on the ground exhausted) dropping his own weapon. 

Yifan sighed and groaned in relief. 

He was on the ground, again. He was covered in sweat, mud and every part of him ached. 

Tao had put him through over 3 hours of torture. When he wasn't tackling him to the ground, he was pointing out others in the group that were doing a great job.

As if Yifan didnt feel inadequate enough!

"Come on, Kris! I think you deserve the lunch most!" Tao held out his hand to Yifan, a gentle smile on his face. 

His attitude now was so different from the aggressive, dangerous, and slightly scary fighter that had been sneering down at him just a few minutes earlier. 

Yifan took the hand offered and allowed himself to be helped up. 

"T-thanks.." He said nervously.

He wondered over to where the lunch was being served out and realised how hungry he was. 

He didn't have any breakfast, and only had a small plate of food the night before. 

"Hungry?" Ah, never had he been so happy to hear that voice, even if the smug grin annoyed him no end. 

"Jongin!" He pulled the other into a hug, making the other squeal slightly. 

"Hey? Wha..." Yifan stopped his talking with a slap around the head. 

Jongin gaped at him and rubbed the side of his head. 

"What was that for?" 

"Ditching me, not waking me up, making me humiliate myself in front of everyone!" 

"Ah, but that last one you caused by yourself! I cant help if you are literally the worst fighter ever!" Jongin giggled slightly, only to stop when he received the death glare from Yifan.

The two of them grabbed a plateful (or more of a pile on Yifans plate) and then went to the set up tables at the side. 

"Yes, but if you hadn't have ditched me i'd not have to do that 'demonstration'! " Yifan yelled between mouthfuls of food. 

"Just think of it as a lesson to you... now you know to never get up late with Huang Zitao around!" He laughed and then started to choke on the piece of food he'd been chewing, causing Yifan to laugh at him. 

"Do you mind if i sit with you?" 

Yifan jumped as he saw Zitao sitting next to him, looking a bit like a frightened puppy.

Yifan nodded, and then looked at Jongin who shrugged whilst continuing to devour is food. 

They sat in an uncomfortable silence, occasionally glancing at one another. 

Jongin got up first, carrying his plate over to the food table. 

Both Yifan and Tao soon finished eating and walked to the table together.

"Erm... sorry about earlier..." Zitao said suddenly. "I sort of got a bit carried away... my dad always said i have a fighters spirit..." Tao giggled. 

"It's ok... i'm just really bad at everything!" Yifan laughed nervously. 

"Its not that you're really bad, you're just not that good..." Tao trailed off, and then hit Yifan on the arm. 

Yifan looked confusedly at Tao. "What was that for?" 

"Being an idiot and making me feel bad!" He hit Yifan again.

"What've you done now?" Jongin laughed as he saw Tao hit Yifan. 

Both men laughed awkwardly, not saying anything. 

"So what're doing now Mr. Huang?" Jongin asked their trainer. 

"Mr Huang?" Tao laughed. "Well, i thought of doing the lessons 'Discipline and Strength'... but i'm not sure if you're ready..." 

"Oh, i'm sure we are!" Jongin nodded vigorously, poking Yifan in the side to agree. "Especially Yi-Kris here!" 

Yifan glared at Jongin before looking back at Tao.

"Erm... i suppose i'm ready..." He rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. 

For some reason he always felt awkward when he was in the trainers presence. 

Strange...

"Oh, well then we'll do that!" Zitao said happily. He bowed to the two men and wondered off (to get ready for this new 'lesson' presumably).

Yifan found himself staring after Tao subconsciously. 

Jongin looked at the slightly spaced out Yifan, and then in the direction his friend was looking in and gasped. 

Yifan looked worriedly at Jongin, expecting him to be injured or something. 

"What? What is it?" 

"You..." Jongin leaned closer to Yifan and whispered in his ear. "you like the trainer don't you!" 

"What?!" Yifan jumped back as if he'd been burnt. 

"You heard!" Jongin grinned wickedly. "It's obvious!"

At this, Yifan found himself blushing.

Was it really obvious?!

Great. 


A/N~ So ... yeah... chapter 12...

i planned this to be only like 14 chapters long but it seems like there's gonna be more...

ah well...

XD