Discipline and Strength - Part 2

Bring honour to us all

The net day dawned, and the air was cold but peasant. 

Yixing woke up from where he'd been sleeping on Suho's bed. The other 2 males were sleeping side by side on Soo's side of the room. 

He got up and stretched, thinking it'd be a good idea to make an attempt to find Yifan and Jongin today.

Though, he had been enjoying Suho and Soos company a lot... 

But should he let duty get in the way of him enjoying himself for once? 

Yixing was always the one who had to clear up the Wu families messes! 

Couldn't he have his own life and fun just this one time?

He sighed and lay his head in his hands. 

"Over thinking things never solved anything, you know." 

Yixing jumped up and looked to see Suho getting up. 

"Huh?" Yixing asked. 

"When a person has their head in their hands, it's never because they're tired... it's usually because they're over thinking something which causes unwanted emotions... trust me, i know" Suho had a sad look in his eyes for a moment, but it was gone so quickly that Yixing thought he must have imagined it.

"Oh... yeah..." Yixing rubbed the back of his head nervously. 

"You don't have to tell me, i just dont want you to over think something you'll regret..." Suho got up and turned away from Yixing to poke Soo in the side of the head. 

"Thanks... yeah, thanks Suho!" Yixing exclaimed, having the sudden urge to hug the other male. 

"Thanks for what?" Soo mumbled groggily, slowly opening his eyes. 

"Hey! Get up lazy and make us some breakfast!" Suho yelled in Soo's ear playfully. 

"I'm not going to give you anything with that attitude!" Soo frowned at Suho, seemingly oblivious to the joking town in Suhos voice.

It wasnt look before Soo had been transformed into his usual, crazy self and they were all sitting down to eat breakfast.

"So are you going to go and find Yifan and Jongin today?" Suho asked between a mouthful of food.

"Umm... i don't know... maybe... i mean, they might not be there again today..." Yixing muttered. 

"Oh, that's ok!" Soo smiled happily. "We like your company!" 

"Thanks...well, i like your company too!" 

They spent the rest of the morning arguing over who liked each others company more. 

Yixing decided he would abandon his duty, just this once, so he could enjoy himself. 

 

*Meanwhile at camp*

"KRIS!" 

The happy giant yelled in Yifans ear that morning. 

Yifan was half happy, it meant that he wouldn't have to go through the embarrassment of being late again. 

But also, Chanyeols voice was loud and definitely not good for hie ears. 

"KR-" 

"Ok, ok i'm up!" Yifan yelled back, not wanting to be deaf for the rest of the day. 

He opened his eyes and saw that Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Jongin had gone out of the tent. So he quickly changed into his armour and found them outside getting breakfast.

"On time today then?" Zitao called to him from outside his own tent, holding a plateful of food.

Yifan just nodded and smiled at the other. He then made his way to the queue for breakfast.

He noticed Jongin sitting with Baekhyun and laughing about something. Chanyeol was at the front of the line, staring back at Baekhyun with an unreadable look on his face. Sehun sat with Tao, but didn't appear to be eating anything. 

Yifan got his food and made his way towards Jongin, only to get stopped by the loud one called Chen. 

"Hey, just want to say i think you're really brave! I mean, not anyone could make that much of a fool of them self and still be able to smile and walk around!" Though the 'compliment' was the most backhanded thing Yifan had ever heard, he felt the sincerity in it and just smiled back. 

Chen left him and went to go sit next to the mysterious Xiumin, who was staring into space. 

Yifan turned and began to walk towards Jongin once more, only to here his name being called again.

It was Zitao. 

"Hey, Kris, why don't you come and sit here?" His voice was a little too loud, and Yifan was sure he heard Jongins laugh. 

"Erm... ok..." Seriously, how could he say no?

Even if the second session of the day before had been the most embarrassing ever. 

 

*Flashback*

Once they'd finished lunch, all of the trainee soldiers made their way back to the training ground. 

Though, this time Tao lead them towards a large wooden pole that had been drilled into the ground. 

It was about 15 feet from the ground. Zitao looked up at the pillar and then back at the group. 

"This is what you'll be climbing" He said simply. 

A few in the crowd muttered how easy it would be, but Yifan had begun to get nervous.

Climbing was never his strong point.

"That'll be easy!" Chen called out, smirking at Tao disbelievingly. 

"Ah, i almost forgot!" At that moment, Sehun waked next to Tao, carrying 2 circular weights. 

Tao picked up one of the weights and held it up to the group. 

"Discipline!" He shouted out. 

He dropped that one to the ground and picked up the other, holding that one up also.

"Strength!" He picked the other one up again and held them up. 

"This is what you need to defeat the Huns. Never forget that!" 

Tao looked around the group, his eyes eventually falling on Yifan. 

"Kris, would you like to help me demonstrate again?"

"not really.." Yifan muttered under his breath, walking over to the front. 

Zitao held out the first weight and indicated for him to take it. Yifan shakily took the weight.

It was heavier than he thought, and his arm buckled slightly under the weight. 

Zitao passed him the other weight, and then moved into tie them to his wrists.

He tied them tight against his skin, causing him to flinch sightly. 

"Now, Sehun, the arrow." 

Sehun walked over to them carrying a crossbow, a scowl on his face. 

Tao stepped backwards and aimed the arrow at the top of the pillar.

The arrow flew out and hit the top, sticking into the wood.

"Your challenge for the next few days is to get up to the top and receive the arrow!" Tao called out to the group. He then turned back to the front where Yifan hadn't moved. "So, off you go then!" Tao grinned as Yifan gulped and glanced up at the pillar. 

He stepped towards the pillar, only to stop as his vision became blurry and the blood to rush to his head. 

Before he knew it, he found himself lying on the ground with a worried looking Tao looming over him. 

Tao didn't make him do anything else for the rest of the day. 

Which was good, apart from the sympathetic and worried looks he'd occasionally give Yifan as if he expected him to fall over and faint again.

*End of Flashback*

 

Yifan shuddered at the memory and began to walk up to Zitao.

There it was again, that sympathetic look.

That 'oh i feel so sorry for you' look.

So, Huang Zitao now treated him like a girl.

Great. 


A/N~ 

it's been ages i know... but here's the next one...

btw, the fainting thing was totally made up on the spot... i had a bit of an epiphany  XD

xoxox