Dishonour On Your Cow

Bring honour to us all

The 4 men stood in silence for a good 5 minutes until Suho cleared his throat loudly.

"Erm... hey... why- why were you looking for me?" Yifan asked the two men. 

"Well, i wasn't really looking for you... He was!" Soo spoke up, pointing at Jongin. 

Everyone's gaze turned to Jongin, who gulped. 

"Erm... Well...Geesh how do i say this without sounding mad..." He paused and took a deep breath. "Ok, well i've actually been dead for over 50 years and it was your great grandfather who brought me back to life to stop you from making poor decisions and tarnishing the Wu families reputation."

There was a long silence after Jongins outburst, followed by laughter from Soo.

"Ok, so let me get this straight... you've been bought back to life to save this guys families reputation...?"

Jongin nodded, which only caused Soo to laugh even louder. 

"Are you.. insane or something?" Yifan asked Jongin. 

"No! Its true... anyway, even if you don't believe me, i've got a duty to stick to!"

Jongin walked over to Yifan and hit him around the head.

"Hey!" Yifan yelled rubbing the side of his head. "What was that for?"

"That was for dishonouring and worrying your family!" 

"Look, there was nothing else i could've done!" 

"Of course there was, there were a million and one things you could've done that would've been ok! Like, i don't know, staying at home!"

"But-"

"This is all very entertaining and all" Soo broke in, who had stopped laughing now. "But me and Suho here have literally no idea what you guys are blabbering about!"

"Its like this, this idiot here decided its a good idea to go to fight in his fathers place when they'd told him not to!" Jongin sighed and went to hit Yifan again.

"Wait..." Suho broke in. "But how does that bring dishonour, may i ask?"

"Er...." Jongin was stuck. "Well, its because his parents specifically told him not to! And he promised them he wouldn't and... "

He trailed off. 

"You don't know, do you!" Soo started laughing again, while patting Jongins arm. "It sounds like this "duty" of yours is a dud!"

And as much as Jongin hated to admit it, Soo was probably right. 

"But, if i don't carry out my duty the ancestors wont let me stay here!" Jongin said pleadingly. "look Yifan, if you could just come back with me and.."

"Im not going back! I've made my decision!"

"But have you seen you when you fight!?" Jongin cried. 

"I- i'm working on it... that's why i asked Suho to come with me... " Yifan said quietly.

"Its gonna take more than an amateur fighter like this guy to train you up to fight the Huns! These guys are dangerous, scarily dangerous! What you need is a trained expert soldier with experienc-"

Jongin stopped and smiled. 

"I've got it!!" He yelled, making everyone jump.

"What?" They three men around him asked in unison.

"Instead of you going straight to the camp down there, im gonna take you to a training camp on the other side which is for people who have problems so they can be taught how to fight in a safe environment!"

Jongin smiled to himself and the others, but secretly knew he'd be in deep water with the ancestors...

"...What do you mean by 'problems'?" Suho asked nervously.

"Usually people who are older, so they don't have the strength to keep up with the usual camps, or those really young or... or those who cant listen to simple instructions... you know, just... others..."

"So you mean id be amongst the runts? Great!" Yifan sighed. 

"Well... we could always go back hom-" Jongin suggested. 

"No!" Yifan interrupted. 

"Ok, so it's decided is it?" Jongin looked around at his three companions and smiled. 

"I suppose... but you better not be lying to me about this camp place!" Yifan shook his fist at Jongin threateningly.

"Oh, and another thing, you'll have to use a false identity because they'll check up on you otherwise..." Jongin stretched his arms and made his way out of the tent.

After a few moments he realised no one had followed him out. 

"Hey!" He poked his head into the tent and scowled at the men. "It's gonna take at least a day to get there, so come on!"

 

And so, after packing up the tent and starting to head in the opposite direction to the camp below them, they began to head towards this mysterious other camp.

"how do you know about this camp?" Yifan asked Jongin.

"Umm... "He paused and thought carefully about what he was going to say. He couldn't say 'well it was around when i was alive so i just hope it'll still be going' so instead he said. "I heard someone mentioning it on my way here."

They group walked in silence for a while, Jongin standing in front with Soo on his tail and Yifan and Suho at the back. 

Most of the journey consisted of barren land, with the occasional tree here and there. 

The provisions they had weren't great (a few bits of food and 2 bowls of water) and it wasn't long until the sky had turned dark and their legs began to hurt. 

"We should stop here for rest!" Jongin called out when they had reached a small woodland with a clump of trees around them and the distant sound of a stream in the distance. 

They put up the tent and ate what was left of the food, making sure to leave enough water for the next days journey. 

They separated themselves into twos, Jongin and Suho going to the far end and Yifan and Soo staying near the entrance. 

They tent was relatively dark, apart from the line of moonlight coming through the tents entrance. 

"So, how do you know him?" Yifan asked Soo, who was lying on his back staring at the ceiling, whilst indicating to Jongin with his head. 

"I don't... i just met him on the way to the camp and decided 'what the hell'" Soo smiled, a genuine smile that made his usually slightly angry face light up. 

"Oh." Yifan said sleepily. 

No more words were passed between any of the men through out the night.

They drifted off into their own lands of sleep, each having no idea what the next day could bring. 


A/N~ I AM SO SORRY FOR TAKING SO LONG!

You guys are so patient if you are still here seriously!! Ive just had lots going on and not enough time to do it!!

thanks for your continued support and everything XD

xoxox