Danger

Bring honour to us all

The morning was young, and there was still a fine set of dew around the hills. Most of China were still asleep, or those who were wake wouldn't be making much of an effort to do anything strenuous. 

But Shan Yu had awoken, and had woke up 3 of his supporters with him, to start a patrol of the area around them. 

They had decided to hide in a mainly grassland area, not well covered but offered them easy access to all the local towns. 

Though it meant the enemy could see them, they could also see if there were any trespassers around. It was an easy way of spying on their enemy. 

It just so happened that this was their lucky day, as they spotted a rustling in the long grass. 

Shan Yu nodded to his men to investigate it, and not moments after he heard a yelp and his men were bringing out a struggling figure. 

The boy (or was it a girl, Shan Yu couldn't figure) was short, with a small face and ad long hair which was tied back into a bun. 

"Let me go!" They shouted, wriggling out of the men's grasp. The voice was deeper than that of any female, so Shan Yu decided to come to the conclusion they were a boy. 

His men grabbed the boy before he escaped and hit him over the head with their fists. 

The boy screamed in pain and glared at the men, but stood still anyway. 

"So, this is what the Emperor brings as a spy? A little boy?" Shan Yu sneered. 

"You'll never win this war, we will defeat you!" The boy spat at Shan Yu. 

"What a shame, i was almost going to offer you mercy with a place in my ranks... I could always do with a boy with spirit, but it seems you'd rather throw that chance away" Shan Yu wiped his face, looking at the boy with mock sympathy. 

"I wouldn't join you, even if my life depended on it!" The boy growled, trying to get his arm from the mans tight grip. 

"shame.." Shan Yu repeated airily. "Ok, just this time, i want you to go to your nearest officer and tell him that we will be waiting for him in the mountains in 3 days..." 

"Why should i?!" The boy yelled. 

"Because i'll run you through if you don't" Shan Yu threatened, putting is knife harshly against the boys cheek for good measure. 

The boy looked at the knife and gulped. "Fine." 

"Good, now off you go!" Shan Yu indicated for him men to let the boy go. 

As soon as he was free, the boy ran as fast as he could towards the nearest bush, hiding behind it to catch his breath and to think what he could do.

As soon as his breathing had gotten back to normal, he stood up on shaky legs and looked around to see where the nearest army camp was. 

His mind was still racing with the thought he'd actually escaped from the infamous Shan Yu without getting injured or killed. 

He turned around and noticed there was a path leading to somewhere.

Possibly a village or town?

Either way, it's help him find someone from the army. 

He rushed off in that direction, not wanting to give Shan Yus men and time to catch up with him to kill him. 

He found himself in an unknown area, full of trees and bushes which helped to give him some shelter from the strong sunlight he'd been running in. 

Soon, he reached what looked like the back of a tent. He stopped running and edged slowly towards it. 

He heard voices coming from inside, mens voices. 

Perhaps they could help, he thought to him self. 

He boldly stepped towards the tents entrance on the other side.

He stood awkwardly at the entrance for a moment, before bravely opening the side flap up slightly and poking his head inside. 

"Erm... hello i wondered if you could help me find the nea-" He began.

He was interrupted by one of the men yelling loudly and covering up his chest. 

"Hey lady, get out!" He cried at the boy, causing the latter to frown. 

"I'm not a girl!" He stepped fully into the tent and folded his arms at the man. "So could you help me find the nea-"

"Really?" Another of the occupants of the tent asked, this one was fully clothed. "You really look like a girl though!" 

"That doesn't matter, i just want to now where the near-" The boy sighed frustratedly. 

"He has got really female features hasn't he!" The first man said, standing up to touch the boys face. "So cute!" He squealed, is heart shaped lips going up into a wide grin.

"Soo, leave him alone can't you tell he's uncomfortable!" The third man scolded the half- one. 

"But Suho!" The one called Soo whined back. 

Suho frowned at him, causing Soo to sit back down. 

The boy waited for another interruption, and was thrilled when he was greeted with silence. 

"Ok, so i just wanted to ask if you knew where the nearest army camp was? It's just i have a message for them an-"

He was interrupted again, this time by the second man. 

"You're in luck, there's one not a mile away from here! Just go down the slope!" 

"Thankyou!" The boy bowed. "I'll leave you now!" He hurriedly left the tent, sensing an argument coming from Soo's lips. 

He ran down the slope, just as the man had told him to, and soon reached the army camp. 

Unfortunately, there was no one there.

He wondered around for a few moments, occasionally checking to see if anyone was in the tents. 

Soon, he reached a large tent at the far end of the camp. 

He stepped inside, and still no luck. 

He sighed in frustration as he looked around the tent, hoping to find some paper to right a letter to the official.

"Who are you?" A voice said from behind him.

He jumped and looked round to see a grumpy looking man there.

"Umm, hello sorry for intruding but are you the army official here?" He asked nervously.

"No, but he's busy at the moment so come back later." 

"No!" He shouted and then rushed on when he received an angry glare from the other. "I mean, i need to speak to him now! it's urgent!" 

"Ok, then tell me and i'll give him the message." 

He retold his story. By the time he'd finished, his companion was in shock.

"So close to here? Shan Yu?" He gaped.

"Yes! So you'll tell him the message?"

"Yes, umm what's your name again?"

"Luhan... not that it's important" He muttered shyly. 

"I'll tell him about it then, Luhan!"

The other bowed and left the tent. 


A/N~

i've finally introduced Luhan! WOOOP! XD

i thought i'd better take a break from the disgustingly cute taoris that has been going on XD (but it is really fun to write lol)

thanks as ever for subscribing/commenting/upvoting/whatever-ing XD

xoxox