Reflection

Bring honour to us all

After a few moments of self pity, Yifan realised the man was still beneath him and looking very strangely at him. 

"Er... sorry..." The man muttered awkwardly. 

"No it's fine... I mean, it wasn't going very well anyway..." Yifan stuttered.

"Yeah, I could sense that..."

There was an awkward silence where neither made any attempt to move. 

Then the man spoke. 

"Erm... My names Soo." He sat up slightly and gentle rubbed his sore face. 

"Just Soo?"

"Well, Do Kyungsoo is my birth name... But it's a bit of a mouthful... So just Soo is fine" 

"Nice to meet you Soo" Yifan smiled at the man. 

They both got up (Soo with a little help from Yifan) and stood awkwardly again. 

"So... I need to go now..." Soo said eventually. 

"Oh ok... Yeah i suppose i do too..."

"Thanks for... um... helping me and sorry again for distracting you... I hope you still go on to be great!" He bowed low and smiled at Yifan. 

"Yeah... um you too" 

They bid each other farewell and went their separate ways. 


Yifan was now feeling 100% more scared at his families reaction. He hadn't wanted to let them done, he never wanted to let them down. But it just seemed that things never went the way he wanted. 

And now he was going to have to deal with the consequences no matter how bad...

Great.

He stepped out of the matchmakers house and back onto the street. 

His family were no longer there, they'd probably gone home to set up a congratulations party, so it gave Yifan time to think what he should do. 

But nothing was coming to him.

He couldn't just tell them, they'd be furious and his uncle would probably punch him. 

He couldn't not tell them, because they would find out and be angry at him for not telling them. And is uncle would probably punch him.

He couldn't hint to it because they'd get angry at him for only hinting and not telling it straight. And is uncle would probably punch him.

All in all, the situation wasn't good.

He slowly walked home, feet dragging the ground and head down. 

He was doomed. 

He walked in to find no one home.

He wondered around for a few more minutes and still he couldn't see anyone. 

"Hello?" He called into the house.

No reply.

He was confused, where else could they be?

He decided to take a walk and half of him hoped he would find them somewhere outside. 

The other half was praying to his ancestors that they weren't anywhere!

He got to the stream that ran down by the house. Despite it being late winter, flowers had begun to spring up in the pots and the water was clearer without the frost covering it. The garden was tranquil and peaceful. A gentle trickle of a fountain was enough to send the liveliest child to sleep. The 'guardian' of the garden was a tall stone dragon with an alcove in the centre that young Yifan had been able to fit into. Now he was all tall large limbs which could'nt even dream of fitting in there. The sky at present was a dangerous grey colour, with clouds in every corner. But Yifan didn't notice. Which is probably why he was surprised when it rained. 

"Seriously?" He yelled as he felt the first few spots on his head. 

Soon the spots turned into lots which turned into a downpour. He stood in the rain for a few more minutes before giving into going inside. 

He really hoped that his family weren't back yet. 

But it seemed hope wasn't really on his side that day. 

 

He stepped inside again and shook the raindrops from his clothes and hair. 

"Yifan!" A voice shouted and he froze. 

Oh no.

"How'd did it go? Your father and i went to grandmas for a bit but then got tired and went home... Looks like we just missed a down pour eh?" His grandmother flicked at his wet hair and smiled. 

He said nothing... He didn't know what to say.

"Your father and uncle have gone off somewhere, i have no idea where, they never tell me anything... any way i decided 'i should come home to see if Yifan's back' and here you are!" She continued, pushing a few water droplets from his clothes. 

"Your mother seemed a little upset today, not sure why... i didn't ask... not that she would tell me... maybe you should ask her?" 

He said nothing still and looked down at the ground. 

"What is it? What's wrong Yifan??" His grandma asked worriedly, gentle pulling his chin up. 

"I'm sorry, mother, I am so sorry!" And in no time he was crying. 

"Shhh... What is it?" His grandmother took him into her embrace and his hair softly.

"I'm a failure aren't i?" 

"Of course not, you are amazing, sweetheart!" 

"But... but i never do anything right! I get distracted or i mess up and then everyone else is left to clean up the pieces because i'm a failure!" 

He let go of his grandmother and saw her smiling at him.

"Did the matchmaker not like you?" She asked softly. 

He nodded. 

"She said i had no hope in getting a girl... " 

"Oh, don't listen to that old hag!" 

"Grandmother!" 

"Well, she knows nothing about true courtship! Love is not a straight line with guidelines and matchmakers to help you! Love is chaotic and crazy and absolutely wonderful!" 

She kissed his cheek and pulled him into another hug. 

"You'll find love, Yifan, and it will definitely won't go the way the matchmaker says it will!" 

"Thanks Grandma!" He smiled watery at her and wiped his eyes. 

"Now we just need to tell your parents... they won't take it well..." She sighed. "But do it tomorrow, you look shattered! Go to bed! Now!" She pushed him into his room and left quickly. 

He undressed and got into bed, feeling like some of his burden had been lifted. 

However it didn't make him dread tomorrow any less!


A/N~ Ok, so i'm not really too sure about this chapter... And i sort of awkwardly put Kyungsoo in it (he'll probably turn up again... maybe... idk) but thanks for your continued support XD xoxox