Startled

Watch Your Life
 

Startled

 

 

The next day, Seohyun woke up as the bright sunlight entering her room through the crystal-clear windowpane. It was a very bright day. She felt hungry as soon as she woke up. But she should take a bath first before get her breakfast. It just took 15 minutes for her to bathing and then she went out from the bathroom with the one piece of towel wrapping her body. She chose a big size baby pink t-shirt and shorts denim, casual style. The t-shirt was from Luhan, as a gift. He bought it without knowing Seohyun’s size and ended up bought a one size bigger. Walked down to the kitchen after get dressed, she gave her cat its breakfast first. She had no class that day, so she planned to spend all day at home. Then she prepared her breakfast, just simply made a scrambled egg. Sat down on the sofa in living room, she the tv just to watched any random show and started to eat her breakfast. She took one spoon and chewed it. Then, she remembered Luhan. Scrambled egg, his favorite food. So simple to be made, but delicious enough -and cheap. She sighed and looking at the food.

"Ah........." She started to think about him. Remembering the time when Luhan came into her house with a bag full of eggs. It was the next day after she moved in. Actually, at that time, she didn't allow Luhan to come in. Still didn't use to talk with people, to interact with people. When she was closing her door, Luhan slipped his foot to preventing the door be closed. She kept trying to close the door, but Luhan was screaming out of his lung. Couldn't bear with it, finally she gave up. He stepped in happily like a 5 years old child and rushed toward the kitchen. He searched the oil everywhere and put a little on the pan after found one. Seohyun shocked by the sudden act, of course. Who wouldn't shock when a stranger went into your kitchen? She asked Luhan what did he do, but Luhan just simply said making our lunch. The little curiousness on her heart allowed Luhan to continue what he was doing, so she just sat on the dining table. Shortly afterward, he came with two plates of scrambled eggs and placing one of them in front of Seohyun. Hesitantly, she took one spoon and chewed it. But somehow, it was delicious. The way he cooked was just the same as her aunt cooked for her, but Luhan's scrambled egg tasted different. She told Luhan and a curved line drew upward on his face. As their gaze met, her heart felt something. Something she never felt before, something she didn't know. Her heart was beating quickly, her blood was racing.

As she drowned in her thought about Luhan, the tv showed a music show program. She looked at the tv and her mind started to wandering once more. She used to watch the music show with Luhan. In the past,  Luhan liked to sing and liked to dance. Seohyun even told him that Luhan should be an idol. Usually, Luhan would dance along with the idol group. He would stand beside the tv and started to dance. Seohyun would give him a standing applause. But since a year ago, they didn't have that moment anymore.

Ding Dong

She walked casually toward the door as she heard the bell rang, her thought was still thinking about Luhan. She opened the door without any suspicion. She startled after found out who stood there. She blinked her eyes few times.
“May i come in?” He put a smile on his cute face. But, Seohyun was thinking. She always had Luhan in mind all the time since yesterday night. She didn’t think it’s good to invite him in. Luhan asked her again and this time she shook her head from left to right and back to the left again. “Why? I want to watch the music show with you. We used to watch it together.” He tilted his head to the right side.
Seohyun bit her lips and rolling her eyes to the right and to the left. “Umm...it.....ended! Yeah, it ended already.”
“Really? Isn’t it just started few minutes ago?”
She was humming once again, a sign that she was thinking. “It started earlier today.” She lied. But of course, Luhan knew she was lying. It’s not like he doesn’t have the channel on his tv. Yet, he didn’t want to pointing at Seohyun’s lie. “I’m sorry, but i’m tired.” She said as she grabbed the knob.
“Tired? This is just 10 AM. Or maybe you need exercise?”
“No. Just go. Bye.” By that, she closed the door. “I’m sorry Luhan. But really, i’m going crazy every time i see your face.” She thought as she leaned her back on the door. Luhan stood over the door, scratching his head in confusion because of her act. But he didn’t want to bother her, so he decided to go. “What a nice t-shirt!” His shout crossed the door and could be heard by Seohyun, made her cheeks blushed.

She went back to the living room and turned the tv off. She ran upstairs, heading to her room. Laid on her bed, she got Minnie beside her –which she brought from living room. She fondled its white long hair and talked to it about Luhan. Of course Minnie didn’t give any response except mewing, but at least, she could release her mind about him.