The Past

Watch Your Life
 

The Past

 

 

Seohyun was laying on her bed. She turned her body to the left, and to the right. Trying to find the most comfortable pose to sleep. She put the blanket on and off. Her eyes were wide open and tight close and wide open again. She couldn't sleep, of course thanks to Luhan’s confession few hours ago. She covered her face with the big pillow, but it didn't work. Groaned in frustration, she got up from her bed and walked toward the window. She opened her window widely just to let the wind blew in. She really likes the wind. It gives her peace when the wind touches her. Her hair, her body. She also enjoyed the beautiful view. Night view of the city was pretty with light shining everywhere. Just like the stars in the sky. She also looked up to see the crystal-clear sky showered with countless starts. She ran her fingers through her hair as she looking around. ”Hmm, no sign of him. Good then.” She thought as a smile of relief drew on her pretty face.

Still not sleepy, she decided to drink a glass of milk. Walked downstairs toward the kitchen, she felt uneasy aura again. But she ignored the feel. The refrigerator's door opened and she grabbed her milk out. She grabbed the glass from dish rack beside the refrigerator and walked into the dining room. After poured it into the see-through glass, she put back the rest into refrigerator. She sat on the white chair in dining room and started to drink her milk. One gulp, two gulp. She enjoyed them a lot.
"Does it that great?" Someone asked. She choked by the sudden sound and coughed. In a second of time, that person already sat on the next chair. Her eyes widening as if thinking about how could that man entered her house, even more the dining room.
Just like he could understand Seonhyun's mind, he chuckled. "Your window, silly." He grunted.
She slapped her forehead as she mouthing ‘Ah!’ She inhaled deeply to calm her mid. "Still, you shouldn't barge into someone's house like this." She gulped her milk again. "You shouldn’t use your teleportation skill!" She said in a bit mad tone. “I thought he didn’t come tonight.” She mentally sighed.
"Basically, teleportation is like running very very very fast. Like run in a speed of light. So, if you closed your window, i couldn't come." He stole her glass of milk and drank it all in one shot.
"Hey! I don't think a vampire will steal someone's milk. And it's milk, not blood." She raised her tone and hit the table lightly.
"I enjoy milk too. Thank you." He put the empty glass on the table carefully.
She hissed and gave Changmin the go-away mad eyes, glaring at him.

“Don’t mad at me~” He stuck out his tongue. “Ah, you couldn’t hate me anyway~”
She sighed. Strange to admit, Changmin’s word is correct. Somehow, she doesn't hate Changmin at all. Lately, Changmin came often into her house. They often had a little fight, but something inside her like has trust on him and she couldn’t really hate Changmin. They also often had a chat. It's not like Seohyun talks to Changmin, but more like Changmin talks to Seohyun and she just quietly listens to him. Unlike the uneasy feeling around Yunho, Seohyun's more comfortable around Changmin. She really couldn’t understand her feel towards those vampires around her. She actually doesn't like them, but since she knew Luhan is also a vampire, she tried to bury her hatred toward those vampires.

"Oh, anyway, why did you move back to this house?" He rested his chin on his hand. She gave Changmin the why-should-i-told-you face. "Come on. I'll drink your blood if you didn't answer me." He showed her his fangs and making 'biting' move. Actually this is the way Changmin makes Seohyun talks. Threatening her playfully.
She sighed. "I think i was a burden for my aunt.” She replied Changmin’s question shortly as usual. But, her mind was doing a flashback again. It was the time when Seohyun was passing by her aunt’s room and accidentally overheard what her aunt said. Her aunt was talking with herself, asking to herself, why did Seohyun’s parent die and leave Seohyun alone so her aunt should look after her. Her aunt already had a hard time raising her stubborn children alone and then she should take care of Seohyun as the law said. Money wasn't the problem but she felt bad because her children didn’t like Seohyun and always treat her bad. She would feel bad if Seohyun grown up wrong because she couldn’t stop her children’s action. Well, Seohyun didn’t feel comfortable either in that house because of her cousins. Though her cousins just one and two years older, but they acted so childish. They were always saying bad things and ignored Seohyun, which was making Seohyun’s trauma be deeper. Maybe they acted like that because Seohyun just suddenly moved in to their house. Though they are cousins, but they barely saw each other before. That’s because Seohyun’s mother’s family actually was against her parent’s marriage. She could endure her cousins’ act for few years and finally decided to move after she thought she was ready to live alone. And thanks to the inheritance that her father gave, she didn't have any trouble with money.
"Actually, maybe, it will be better if you kept lived in that village. The village is very sacred. Creatures like me couldn't enter. But there's also another possibility."
Her mind was questioning what his words means. She was looking at Changmin with her wondering eyes.
"I know you want to know something. Just, ask me and i will answer you.” She stayed quiet and shook her head hesitantly. “You always be quiet. Just nods or shakes head, simply hums or answer my question shortly. What if someday we will live together? You should try to talk to me.” He gave his playfully smirked.
“No way.” She replied quickly. She actually has many questions but decided not to ask him. She exhaled for long. "I don’t know what actually you want. But, this is strange that i think i can trust you. I just hope you didn't ruin it. I won’t ask you many things, maybe." Changmin gave her a smile and patted her left shoulder to comfort her.
“Okay. Maybe you will talk to me slowly. It’s good enough that you didn’t shoo me away anymore even want to listen to me. For now, let it be as usual. Tonight i want to tell you about my ex-girlfriend from year 1805.” Then, Changmin started to tell Seohyun his stories. He likes to tell the stories from hundreds years ago because actually Changmin also doesn’t have any friend to talk to, except his busy slave and Seohyun.

Seohyun just patiently listened to Changmin and hummed in response. Seohyun actually likes to hear Changmin’s stories. It feels like she learns history. Changmin talked until Seohyun felt sleepy, so she asked Changmin to go. She was back to her bedroom and closed the window after Changmin went out.