Gift

Watch Your Life
 

Gift

 

 

Seohyun was walking, heading to the library. She was wearing her pearl green blazer with black tank top inside and skinny jeans on bottom. Her class would start at 1 PM and now just 8 AM. She got many free time, so decided to finish her assignment. Birds were chipping everywhere, it sounded like a beautiful melody on her ears. Before she reaches the library, she should walk pass the soccer field. At first, she didn’t give a damn. But, the sounds of girls’ cheering could be heard very loud. And they were cheering one special name out loud which made Seohyun turned her head to the right. He was there, juggling and kicking the ball. Then, she remembered it was the football club practice day. Her eyes were tracing his beautiful figure. With his blue football team’s uniform, he got his hair messier than usual. And his sweat was all over his face, which was making him looked very well –or y. His thighs seemed so firm –blame the short football shorts. He was wearing his favourite red football shoes, the gift from Seohyun. His tempting lips even became more tempting when he smiled and his dark brown eyes got the best gaze, especially when he looked at her. “Wait. Dammit! He caught me red-handed eyeing him! Argh Seohyun, please!! ” She cursed, mentally slapped her own mind. Quickly, she looked away when Luhan was waving his right hand at her. His smile soon disappeared when Seohyun walked away.

 

She finally reached the library and took a step in. She immediately walked forward to the corner of the library, her favourite seat. Lucky enough that seat was empty. Well, the library barely full. She put her bag on the empty black chair beside her and put her laptop on the table before finally started to finish her assignment. It was really quiet till the point she could hear the sound when she typed. After few minutes of typing, an uneasy feeling surrounded her, the feel that Yunho or Changmin gave when they were around her. She looked around in reflex to found nothing. A thought was sweeping her mind, that maybe Yunho or Changmin comes. It has been two days since the last time she met Yunho, when she told him to not approach her anymore. And last night, Changmin also didn’t come. It’s not she wants to meet them, anyway. She just had a feeling that something wasn’t right. Looking around once more, she just found few students there as the feeling gone. Sighed in relief, she continued to type. After two hours, the assignment finally done. Still had some hours, she decided to read the book about vampire to kill the time. She always had that book in her bag. She reached her purple bag and took out the book. Page by page she read carefully. Her lips were mouthing every word gently. Sometimes her forehead frowned as she tried to understand the book. She very focused on reading and understanding the book, didn’t realize it was lunch time already till her phone rang. She searched her phone on her bag quickly, didn’t want to bother the others. Finally she found the phone on one of the bag’s pocket. Looked on the screen, a guy name was on it. Luhan. Hesitantly, she answered the phone. The guy over there asked where she was and asked her to go on lunch. “Should i?” She was questioning herself. She finally replied honestly and agreeing his call by saying yes as she nodded her head. She likes to have lunch with Luhan, but after the confession, she has no idea how to face Luhan without any blush on her cheeks.

After hung up the phone, she put her phone on her pocket. Then put the book on her bag and grabbed the bag as she stood up. Heading to canteen, she took the steps slowly. She even thought about cancelling the lunch because nervousness was filling her soul. After took few steps, the uneasy feeling appeared again. She stopped the step and turned back, looking around. Again, she found nothing. Continued to heading toward the canteen, her phone rang once more. She grabbed the phone from her pocket jeans and looked at the phone. An unknown number popped out on the screen. She frowned but the phone rang like non-stop. Answered the phone, she didn’t give any voice. So did the person over there. Insecure, she hung up the phone and continued her step.

She finally reached the canteen. Luhan was waving his hand as she stepped in. She walked slowly toward the seat and sat in front him. He already wore his casual red t-shirt and the sweat already gone. He looked so fresh like a cake comes out from the oven. But his hair was still messy –one of her favourite things from him. After put her bag on the chair beside, she looked around the canteen.
“I.....will order my..lunch.” She made an excuse to go and about to get up.
Luhan shook his head. “A-a.” He moved his index finger to both side. “I will order it for you. Just say what do you want and today is my treat~” He smiled. The most beautiful smile ever –as always, at least for Seohyun. The heart started to thump fast. She drowned again in her thought about how handsome he actually is.
“Seohyun? What do you want to eat?” He waved his hands on her face.
She cursed herself mentally.
“What...ever.” She said stammered. Luhan nodded and got up from the chair. Before he ordered the lunch, he went toward Seohyun. Seohyun looked at him with curiousness drawing on her face.
“There is a leaf.” He chuckled as he reached out his hand and took the leaf from Seohyun’s long hair. She couldn’t hide her pinkish cheeks as Luhan went away. She covered her face with both hands, then started to fan herself. Trying to calm down. She tied her hair up because the heat felt hot –or maybe herself. Few minutes passed and Luhan was back, sat in his original seat. He started to share his practice day this morning and Seohyun just simply hummed in reply. Seohyun was actually very nervous but tried to look cold as usual. The lunch finally came after 15 minutes and Luhan ordered spaghetti as their lunch. She thanked him before started to eat. She didn’t say anything afterward while Luhan kept tell her his story.

 

Seohyun was walking alone down the alley heading to her house. It wasn’t even 6 PM yet, but the cloud just blocked the sunlight and made the alley really dark. It seemed to be raining soon. She tightened her blazer and walked as fast as she could. The alley surrounded by the dark aura again, yet she still walked forward to cut the way. She prayed in mind, asked God to lead her way safely. She finally reached her gate without any trouble. When she was about to open the door, there was a little black box in front of her door. Confusion and curiousness entered her mind. She squatted to put the box up and come inside. She went to her room after gave Minnie its food. As she reached her bedroom, the sound of rain poured outside could be heard. She threw her bag onto the bed and took off her blazer. Sat on the edge of the bed, she stared at the little box. It was a simply little black box. She shook it and it gave small sound like ‘tok’. As her curiousness grew bigger, she opened the box slowly. Eyes were widening as she looking at the thing inside. Hands were shaking, as fear flowed in her blood. But the anger also filled her soul. Fear and anger became one when she threw the box as far as possible. As the box fell, the thing inside went out. It was a hairpin, from almost 15 years ago. It was hers. Her hairpin which was taken from her years ago. The he who killed her parent, the he who she couldn’t remember neither the name nor the face. Then, she noticed something inside, behind the lid of the box, something written there. She took the lid and started to read in mind. “I come back.” Her heart was racing in fear once more. She threw the lid and the box to the trashcan but keeping the hairpin. Curled into ball on her bed, she held the hairpin thight and closed her eyes. Tried to prevent the bad memory to come up, but it was no use. The faded memory just appeared again and she started to cry.