Memories

Watch Your Life

 

Memories

  

 

Seohyun reached the canteen. Luhan greeted her as soon as he saw her. Seohyun walked toward him immediately, didn't even take a look at the other seat. Though she tries to keep their distance, but Seohyun doesn't like to eat alone. And secretly, she loves to eat with Luhan. Her bad thought about him will go away when she sees Luhan eats, and that's the only way to keep her love for Luhan alive.
"Hey." She took a seat in front of Luhan. He just simply smiled. "Beautiful." Seohyun drowned for a few seconds in her thought about Luhan.
"What's wrong?" He took a full spoon of rice after asked. That was a simple question but it hardly snapped Seohyun back to reality.
"Uh no. Just....umm," she searched a word to tell Luhan -not the truth of course, "I......i met a man. I don't know who is he but he does know me." She tried to be relax and put her hands on table to prop her chin.
"Maybe he's bad. Don't meet him again." He said after chewed his rice and put another spoon.
"I'll order my lunch first. I want to ask you something then." Then she got up.

She walked away from their table. As she walked to order her lunch, she couldn't stop thinking about Luhan. A few steps she had, she turned her head just to took a glimpse of Luhan. He was chewing his lunch. The messy wavy dark brown hair he has, suits perfectly with his little red plum lips. He has the most beautiful eyes, with the same color as his hair. He doesn't has pointed nose, but somehow, it looks perfect on his face. He's tall enough, also skinny enough. His gaze, his touch, his kind heart, his attitude, his cares, his affection, all of them, she still loves it. "What should i do?"

After a few minutes, Seohyun was back with a bowl of soup. She sat in front of him and started to eat her lunch. Luhan asked what does she want to ask. "Ah, no. Never mind." She said after sipped her soup. Luhan just could sigh. For Luhan, Seohyun's really unreadable.

Even though that was a quiet lunch, as always, but Seohyun isn't the only one who always enjoys it. Luhan loves it too. The only time he can sit face to face with Seohyun in peace, without fear or anything. After the lunch, they walked into their class. On their way, Luhan warned her again about that man. Actually, he was afraid if that man finally approached Seohyun, though he didn't know if the man Seohyun met was him or not.

"No need to tell me. You know me for five years, i won't meet him again except by accident for sure. Ah, by the way, here your iPod, thanks." She gave Luhan his blue iPod back after took it out of her bag.
"Ah, even i forget about it. You can save it if you wanted."
She was handing out the iPod again. "No. I'm not a girl like that. Also i actually found mine a few days ago but forget to give yours back. It was under the bed. I guess Minnie brought it there. Thanks anyway." She smiled at him, for a very first time after a year. Actually she smiled because of her thought about Minnie, but the smile just shook Luhan's world once again. The last heartbeat he ever felt like this was a year ago, before Seohyun found out the truth. He really wants Seohyun to know that she is pretty when she smiles, just like the old Seohyun. But he knows if he complimented on how beautiful her smile is, she might really doesn't smile anymore.
"Okay!" He smiled back, very happily. Took the iPod, their hands slightly touched each other. Made both of them had a big thump inside.

 

They were standing on the bus shelter. Seohyun was planning straight to go home, but Luhan had another plan. Around 20  minutes, the bus arrived and they took steps in. Seohyun took a seat on the first line where there is just one seat. She always sits on that seat, so no one can bother her on the bus. Luhan took a seat behind her, luckily it was empty. Well, this bus doesn't usually full. Luhan crossed his arms and put them on the backrest in front of him. He leaned his head toward Seohyun. Clearing his throat, he asked Seohyun about his plan, going to the bookstore near their house. She rejected, as Luhan expected. But he asked her again, again, and over again. Seohyun turned her head just to made their nose touched each other. She didn't expect Luhan to be that close. She turned back her head as soon as her blood rushing into her cheeks, made it looked pinkish. Luhan knew her blood was rushing so fast and it made his heartbeat increased, yet he didn't move his head from Seohyun's chair's backrest. They remained in silent till Seohyun broke it with agreement with Luhan's plan. Luhan was really happy, felt like a hundred of butterflies were flying in his stomach. He looked at Seohyun and there were flower petals were falling everywhere near her. That was just in his eyes, of course.  He took out his iPod, placing one of the earphones into Seohyun's ear, and one into his. Seohyun was pulling out the earphone but Luhan said to keep it. Seohyun put it back, actually to avoid talking with Luhan more. Her mind was still in the scene before. It was Lee Seunggi - Return, played by Luhan's iPod. She closed her eyes as she heard the song. The song, the lyric, it actually reminded her of Luhan.

~You were like a spring sunshine, you shined my every day~

Seohyun remembered, the first time they ever met. It was five years ago, they were in the 3rd grade of middle school. Seohyun was moving back into her house. After her parent died, she left that house and living with her mother's older sister. She was 5th back then. Seeing her parent be killed left her in trauma, a deep one -that was why she once a mute. Her aunt took her till she was 15th. They barely talk to each other and she felt like a burden for her aunt. She decided to come back after she reached 15th. Luhan wasn't there when she was 5th. He was new in that neighborhood. It was a bright day. Seohyun was squatting to lift her box when a someone stood behind and blocked the sunlight. She looked up to find out who it was. The sunlight was showering him. He really was like a spring sunshine at that time. A cute boy reached out his hand, offering a help. At first she rejected. At first she was scared. She was still in trauma. She had always thought other people as vampire. But Luhan insisted. Didn't care about her opinion, he was helping her. It was strange, but her heart moved. Her closed world, soon to be opened once more. Though not for everyone, but the one. A few days passed, Luhan kept seeing her. They were being friend since then and never be separated.

~I think about you every moment, the low voice that echoed~

"My name is Luhan." One sentence that had always echoed in her mind. A voice which was like a sweet melody in her ears. Even before she got to sleep, the voice was still echoing. Yes, she always thought about him, every day, every time. Even often, she had dreamed about him.

~Those times we spent together, rewinds just like yesterday's event~

They grew up together, they played together, and sometimes they slept together. Her love was growing as their grew up together. Those beautiful memories of her childhood just rewound in her mind, those memories which she doesn't want to erase. She remember in her new school, she barely had friend because she couldn't communicate well. But Luhan was there and being the only one who talked to her, and the one she wanted to talk to. Once, Seohyun forgot to bring her homework. The teacher told her to standing in corridor. Luhan hid his homework in purpose, so the teacher also punished him. They were standing there together for 30 minutes, staring at each other, smiling at each other. It didn't feel like a punishment at all. In music class, Luhan played the piano and Seohyun the flute. There was a girl in the class who could also play piano. The teacher often asked them to play together. It made Seohyun felt jealous, so she broke one of the key. It made the piano couldn't be played together.

"Seohyun, this is our stop." Luhan patted her shoulder. She opened her eyes, a sign that she already climbed back up from her memories, the deepest one. Just kept quiet as usual, she stepped out from the bus. Both walked on the street to the bookstore. Around 10 minutes, they finally arrived. The bookstore still looks the same, like a year ago, the last time they went there together. The bell rang as they opened the front door. As they stepped in, their childhood memories rewound once again. When they were coming after school, reading comic, or just simply sitting while chatting on that store's corner. They were really like this bookstore. It has that homey feeling when you were there.  And the owner is really a nice man.
Luhan put his hands on the pocket of his jacket as he inhaled deeply, to feel the air. In the past, he used to take Seohyun's hand and put it on his pocket. But now, he couldn't do that anymore -though he really wants to. "I remember, we used to come often to this bookstore". He said as he stared at the bright blue sky.
"Hmm," she was humming, "Me too."