Chapter 4: A New Surprise

The Black Scythe

After dinner, I wandered around the helicopter. I come across a door labeled Balcony so I decided to go out and get some air. It's dark out so the scene doesn't look as hellish as it was earlier today. I take a step out into the cold air and make my way to the rail. I look up and see thousands of stars.

"Wow! Its so pretty outside!" I tell myself. And then Sunny joins me.

"Isnt it?" she says. "you know, if jessica didn’t risk her life to save the rest of ours, she would've been here too." tears start rolling down our cheeks.

"I guess. I wish she were here to see this." I tell her.

~

The next day, Kiseop asked for me. I enter the office and sit down on a white chair. The room was just as small as any other room and in front of me was a wooden desk with a computer and an office chair neatly tucked in. Kiseop walks in soon after that holding a tablet. The he started reading the info on the screen:

"Yuri Kwon. Female. Age 17. Lives in Seongnam, Korea. Lives with adopted father and Eli. Hometown, unknown. Language-" then I cut him off,

"Wait, wait, wait. What do you mean my hometown is unknown?"

"Well, it says here that your place of birth, hometown and origin is unknown."

"What? That doesn't make any sense."

"I know. It doesn't make any sense to me either. But these stats don't lie."

"Let me see that!" I snatch the tablet away from him. The info does say that my hometown is unknown. "Wait, then where did I come from?"

"Thats why I brought you in today. Our mission to help you find your true identity. But first, we cant do that without getting all of us in danger, so i'm going to be your training instructor."

"WHAT?!"

"Hey! I didn't want either. But in this whole ship, I'm the only one that's familiar to the type of powers you know how to use."

"What powers? What are you talking about? I'm just a regular highschooler that has skipped grade 6."

"Thats when you're wrong. Remember how you killed those Shadogs yesterday with a Black Scythe?"

"Ugh. Dont remind me. I didnt even know I knew how to do that."

"Well, you're gifted with special powers."

"What?"

"I didn't believe it either when I first saw you but truth is truth." then he walked around me and the desk, sat down in the chair and propped his feet up onto the table.

"Wait. If I'm gifted, why didn't I know this before?"

"Well first of all, 16 and below is too young for powers like this to be controlled so ur body was probably able to hold it off. Second of all, when you were being attacked, you were in a moment of panic which caused something to trigger and reveal your weapon."

"How-?"

"And that's what we're going to be doing starting today. I will help you control those powers as well as discover new ones. Follow me." then he got up and lead me into the training room. It's the biggest room of the whole helicopter. I'd say that you can do a 10,000 feet run in one lap.

"Wow! This place is huge! I guess I underestimated the size of this helicopter."

"Well, yeah because you have seen the outside yet. Staying inside all time will always make you think that this place is small. This is where we're going to be doing most of your training. Lets begin shall we? Show me what you can do."

"But, I don’t know what I can do."

"Take the scythe out."

"I dont even know how I did that!"

"Here's a tip. Try closing your eyes and recreate the incident in your head. And then try feeling the way you felt during that incident. Most of the time, it helps to bring out whatever u did in the past."

"Ok." then I closed my eyes and felt every little detail that happened starting from where I was running away from the Shadogs. When I opened my eyes, I have scratched up the walls and i'm standing in a hunched over position where I was in a stable stance with my left leg out next to me. My hands were clenched tight around the same black scythe I used to kill the dogs but this time, the tip was dug deep in the wooden flooring. I was panting and sweating and I have no memory of what I just did.

"Woe. I think we need to stay away from the recreating thing. How'd you do that?" Kiseop said slowly away from the cylindrical pillar that he was hiding behind.

"I-I, I don’t know." I said slowly getting up.

"But the recreating thing worked. A little too well."

"What do you mean?" I said panting.

"Well, for one, you were able to reveal your scythe again the way you did when you were in panic mode but, when I was observing you, once you closed your eyes, the next thing I knew was that you feel backward as if you've been pushed and then the scythe appeared, and then you started doing flips, attacks and scaled up and down the walls wrecking this place. I attempted to call your name over and over again, hoping that you would snap out of it but you weren't hearing me at all as if you're sleepwalking."

"S-sorry."

"Its okay. But I think we're going tp have to patch up this room before we can continue." and with that, the next day, we started to train.