Chapter 12: This Is Something That I DID NOT Want Happening

The Black Scythe

I walked into the room for the conference. I was calm and breathing, I was prepared to see Kiseop, but wasn’t prepared at the same time. One side of me is telling me to go murder him, but the other side of me is telling me to forgive him. He had his reasons to keep this away from me but I had the right to know, but he kept it away from me. He lied to me. I thought long and hard about it and finally understood why I had such a big reaction towards him. I hated being lied to, that was a fact. But the bigger realization was that I hated it even more, when it was coming from him. I was the last to come in so I sat into my seat quietly and waited for the conference to start. For a long moment, no one spoke. After about 10 minutes of silence, Sunny finally got up and spoke,
“So, is this why we were protecting Yuri for so long? Because Kiseop knew who she really was before any of us did?” No one said anything, so she started pointing. “Did you know about this Eli?” he shook his head. Then she pointed to everyone else one by one, but everyone shook their head no. When her finger finally made it to Seohyun and Kevin, they didn’t shake their heads. They knew. They knew it and they kept it away from me too. How many more people with more lies do I have to confront?  Then Sunny spoke up. 
“You knew about this too Soohyun?! Kevin?!” They looked at Kiseop for a moment, point Their noses towards the ground before nodding. Then Sunny slammed the table and sat down and crossed her arms. “That’s why you ordered us to protect her. Now that our side of the puzzle is finally fitting together, now the Shadows’ side of the puzzle hasn’t been solved yet. Surely you two should know exactly why.” Then I snapped my head up and looked at them. They have their heads pointed to the ground, avoiding all eye contact. Then I realized that Sunny’s trying to get to the conclusion faster than I am. I haven’t asked myself that question yet. So I quickly tuned my ears in and waited for an explanation from either of them. Then Kevin lifted his head up and opened his mouth.
“Actually-” and then he was cut off by a comm. The screen showed the Shadows symbol. 
“Accept.” Soohyun told the screen. Then the image of Hae-seong showed up. The he started chuckling.
“Well, well, well. If it isn’t my lovely daughter. How have you’ve been since the last 15 years? 16, I mean.”
“First of all, I’m not your daughter. Second of all, Thanks for your concern but I think I’m going to have to pass.” I said in an annoyed tone crossing my arms and propped my legs onto the table. Then he laughed.
“Hahaha! Just like your mother. But let me tell you this. You are my daughter and I can prove it.” Suddenly, all heads turn my way and I uncrossed my arms. Then he continued.
“That scythe has been handed down by our family bloodline for generations. That’s why only our family is able to carry that scythe while it’s heavy to everyone else. If you noticed closely, that scythe has our Shadow symbol engraved on it. And there you have it, full proof that you are the daughter of Hae-seong.” I hesitated before unraveling the scythe and examining that symbol once again. “And if you still don’t believe me that that’s the Shadow official symbol, if you’ve noticed, all our little minions have that same symbol tattooed onto some part of the body.” Then I looked up to the screen and hid the scythe. 
“What do you want? And no, I’m not about to call you ‘dad’,” I say making quotation marks with my fingers before continuing. “My dad died back in Seongnam under your little minions’ hands and teeth.” I emphasized every word with complete disgust and look away crossing my arms again. Then he laughed.
“You have done a wonderful job rebelling against me Kiseop. I’m impressed. Able to steal my daughter from her home, away from me, alive and in one piece. You were well trained for a 10 year old.” My eyes immediately flashed to Kiseop as he smirked and looked away in disgust.
“You’re a Shadow too? Kiseop’s a Shadow?” I say to the screen pointing at him.
“Why yes.” Then he took his hand and hovered it over his mouth. “Oh, so you didn’t know? I’ve said too much.” he said with an evil chuckle while he gracefully placed his hand down.
“You talk too much Hae-seong.” Kiseop barked.
“Don’t I.” he says pleased with himself.
“Enough chit-chat. What did you really call in for?” Kiseop bellowed.
"I was going to call the wedding off but since you have returned, it'll come back on. Yuri! If you are able to defeat me, then you shall do as you wish, taking over my Shadow kingdom. But if not, you shall be married off the the Shadow prince of China and you must obey under my commands." he says pointing to me. 
“What?!” I shout back. “You can’t do that to me!” 
“As your legal guardian, yes, yes I can do that. Seeing that you’re still single, I’ll take this chance to get you shipped off. But even if you were married, I would’ve forced a divorce anyways unless you were married to another Shadow.” he paused. “But that’s a highly unlikely thing to happen, so, good luck to you.” Then he hovered his hand over his mouth again. “It seems that I have said too much again. Good bye darling,” he says putting his hand down again, “I’ll see you in the next full moon at the top of the tower.” and then the screens turns black and the room goes silent again. Then Taeyeon points her finger around.
"How can we prevent this catastrophe now?" Taeyeon asked.
"We have two options. One, is that Yuri needs to defeat her own father, take the throne and destroy the rest of the Shadows or two, we need her to marry a Shadow." AJ states. 
"Why does she need to marry a Shadow?" Joo-hyun asked.
"Well for one, Yuri doesn’t look like a Shadow. She doesn't look like a Shadow no matter how you look at her but she has the same powers. Which can only mean that she's a half breed. Her father probably made babies with a human female which made her but her mother probably wanted to keep her safe from the Shadows but got killed along the way turning her into an abandoned child. But since that her dad is forcing her to marry a Shadow in China, she has to marry another Shadow in order to call the wedding off. In the Shadow rules, Shadows are only allowed to be married once to a Shadow. If the Shadow child is married to a human and their parents disapprove, then they can force a divorce and get the child to be married off somewhere else whereas the human is to be executed." AJ explained.
“And that’s what happened to my mother when she had me.” I muttered.
“Precisely. I’m assuming that Hae-seong’s father was furious and had to have you married off to the Shadow Prince of China to keep the bloodline.” AJ finishes.
“Wait, then if Yuri looks like human and has the same powers as a Shadow, doesn’t that make Kiseop a half breed too?” Joohyun asked.
“Yes, I am a half breed. Half breeds are actually more common than you think they are.” Kiseop says.
“Wait wait wait, let me get this straight, how many more Shadow rebellions do we have on this ship?” Slowly, people started raising up their hands. 
“⅛ breed” Kevin admits.
“¼ breed” AJ says.
“½ breed” Eli says hesitantly.
“1/12 breed.” Yoona states. Taeyeon’s face is turning beet red and she opened , ready to let it all out and start yelling at people but then Soohyun stops her and signals her to sit down and obediently, she does. Then he starts to talk.
"The point isn’t who is who, right now it is about what we're going to do next. We know right now that Yuri is really powerful and if she marries over to China, the Shadow army will become larger and the rest of the world will be in danger. Everything will turn to chaos."
“Wait. If there are so many Shadows in this ship, how come when we were back at the airport, you didn’t hear the same laughter or hear the same painful cries as Kiseop and I did?” I asked.
“Well, you and Kiseop are the most powerful Shadow part breeds in here. Kiseop was brought up in the Shadow realm and you have been through extensive training. That’s why you can hear things and use certain powers that we couldn’t.” Eli explains.
"Well I guess the only way is to get her married to one of us." says Joo-hyun. "She'll be facing her own father which means she has a chance of losing. And if that risk is taken, she has a chance of being married off to China. And for now, only the boys in here can protect her while they're at it." Then I started to blush.
“If all we have are part breeds in here, where are we supposed to fish out a full breed?” Sunny asks.
“That’s where you’re wrong.” Kevin says. “My great-grandmother was a Shadow. Shadow is only in ⅛ of my blood. But, if I were to be married to a Shadow, no matter how much their parents disagree, they don’t have the power to have us divorce for I’m still part Shadow.” Kevin answers.
Then suddenly, Sunny raises her hand high up into the air, standing straight up and blurted out,
"I vote Kevin as nominee!" then I snap my red face at here with an 'omg please don't' look. Everyone else stared at her and Kevin blushed. "What?" she said naively. "Well I was thinking that since Yuri already likes him, why not get him to marry her?" she enforced happily. Then I look down at my hands, knowing that everyone is staring at me. I'm blushing even harder this time. Sunny! You idiot!
"I promise." Kevin suddenly saying causing me to look up and stare at him. "I will marry and protect Yuri with my life."