Chapter 13: I Can’t Believe I’m Saying This But...

The Black Scythe

As Kevin and I made our way to the open area of the ship’s main entrance, he says,

"Ok, for the wedding, we're going to need a band, brides maids and-" then I cut him off with,

"This is one of the most important days of my life, how can we mess it up? I think you were in a rush to make up your mind so you weren't thinking properly." I mutter.

"I know that this wedding is a little too rushed for you, especially because you're only 18. But I promise you, after this is all over, I will make it up to you with a proper wedding." he says leaning against the frame. Then I turn to face him.

"That's not what I'm worried about!" I finally tell him. Coming over to me, he says,

"If it's not this, then what is it. Yuri, I love you. And, your feelings shouldn’t have either." Hesitating, I turned to him and admitted,

"I'm sorry. I've changed. I don't like you anymore."

"You have a crush on someone else?"

"No matter who it is, it's none of your business." I stuttered turning away heading back for my room. Then he grabbed my arm and forced me to face him.

"Yuri, I need to know. Is it Soohyun?" Sliding his arm off of mine with my hand, I say,

"So cool. My crush has less leadership but is really cute."

"Cute? Is it AJ?"

"Not him either. My crush isn't as smart and frankly, quite slow too. But I've been through much more with him than I have with AJ."

"Been through a lot? Really slow? Is it-? Is it?" he says stuttering with his finger pointing at me making me look up to him thinking that he might know who I'm referring to. "Is it Eli?!" I let my shoulders drop.

"How can you be so stupid?" I tell him. "Cute, slow, and has been through so much with me, out of the whole crew, besides Kiseop, who else is the possible person?" I admit.

"KISEOP?!" he shouts angrily and I hush him looking back and forth from the door.

"L-look. Don't do anything stupid! If something happens to Kiseop, I'll never forgive you!"

"You finally admit it. You finally admit it!" he shouts angrily pointing his finger at me. Then his tone suddenly goes soft. "I've told Soohyun over and over again that you two are a match made in heaven." I look at him not understanding what he just said. "One's shy and the other doesn't follow their heart, of course you would've never admitted it. That's why AJ and I teamed up to pressure you into admitting it."

"You and AJ teamed up on me?! Why?"

"So that he can hear you confess."

"Who?" then someone steps out from behind the door as I turn around to face them.

"Yuri." Kiseop said revealing himself. My face turns bright red and my heart won't stop pounding. I turned back to Kevin and pushed him hard.

"I hate you!" I scream at him. Then I burst through the door running past Kiseop. Then Kiseop starts running after me. As I struggle to open the door to my room, Kiseop grabs my wrist.

"Yuri!" he says panting.

"Let go!" I yelled finally getting the door open. "Why did you run after me?"

"I don't know." he answers innocently. This time, I forced his hand off.

"I told you you were slow!" I said looking at the ground then ran into my room and attempted to shut the door. But Kiseop was able to slip his hand through before it completely shuts and opens the door again. Crying in pain, he grabs my wrist again with his uninjured hand.

"You wanted me to follow you." he said with a smile. My face is turning redder, I'm feeling hotter and my heart is beating faster.

"K-kiseop! L-let go! T-this d-doesn't f-feel r-right!" I stuttered. Then he pulls me in and hugs me.

“K-k-kiseop!!!” I scream. I attempted many times to push him off of me, to kick him somewhere to make him let go. But he’s a stiff as an iron pole that’s been buried deep into the ground and he wouldn’t budge.

“Yuri,” he says softly next to my ear. His breaths are steady and his warmth his calming. Knowing that he wouldn’t budge no matter how hard I tried, I gave up. I’m too nervous to actually hurt him. My face is turning too red for me to think. I’m shaking too hard to use all my strength against him. I let my hands drop to my sides but I kept my head up and looking over his shoulder. “I love you.” I finally hear him say. “I know that you and I had a very complicated past and I’m really sorry for that, I really am. But the past is the past. I want you Yuri. More than anything in the world. Please. Forgive me.” Slowly closing my eyes, I bury my face into his chest. I can feel his grip loosening up now, so I pushed him away from me, looking towards the floor. I managed a chuckle but my face is still red. I look up to him, smiling. Then I look at his shirt. Chuckling again, I point at his shirt,

“You’ve got- something there on your shirt.” Falling for my little trick, he looks down and I tilt his face up to mine by his chin and kiss him lightly. Giving him a teasing smile, I whisper, “Gotcha.” He smiles back at me and this time, he leans forward to give me a lingering kiss. I savoured the moment and when he let go, he placed his forehead on my forehead and his nose on my nose. I kept my eyes closed when he whispered,

“All is forgiven?” I open my eyes and smiled,

“All is forgiven.” his smile this time shows me his glistening white teeth making me smile harder. Wishing that this moment would never end, we got interrupted by the rest of the crew of loud shouting and cheering. Kiseop and I snap towards my opened door just for us to be surrounded by everyone else within minutes.

“Hey guys! Yuri finally admits that she likes Kiseop!” Sunny shouts.

“So did Kiseop!” Taeyeon adds.

“I never knew that Kiseop had teeth!” Joohyun teases.

“Or emotions in that matter.” AJ chimes. Then I free myself from Kiseop’s grip.

“Wait, wait, wait. When did you guys team up and plan all this?” I asked.

“We figured out that you too liked each other a long time ago. Back on that no for good island.” Joohyun says.

“I’ll have to admit that us knowing that we need to protect you from that stupid wedding is something that none of us, besides Kiseop, Kevin and Seohyun, knew but what we did know, was that most of our crew are Shadow rebellions and that Shadows are only allowed to marry Shadows.” Taeyeon explains.

“Yeah. So when we heard that you have to marry a Shadow in order to call off this stupid wedding, we all took this moment to pair you up with Kiseop.” Eli finished. Then my jaw dropped.

“That’s true.” Soohyun confirmed. “But now that we’ve got this all cleared up, let me take this time to re-introduce ourselves. Hello, my name is Soohyun, the captain of this crew and welcome aboard the Shadow Rebellion- Project: Princess. Or SRPP for short.”

“Is that what I saw on the side of the ship when we crashed? Although all I saw were acronyms, that’s what SRPP stands for? I’m taking in too much information in one day.” I say falling onto my bed, sitting.

“All of us here are either part breeds, or people that know about the Shadow people and want to take them down. That’s was when I recruited Kiseop not long ago and he saved you from your grandfather while Seoul was being attacked and overrun. Your grandfather permanently manipulated your father’s mind somehow and turned him over to his side so that you’ll be married to the Shadow Prince of China. But since you were only a half breed, your powers were still being developed in slow progress which gave us an advantage. If you grew up and came to our side, then we actually have a chance of taking over the planet and take the Shadow people down once and for all.” Soohyun finishes. “Kiseop is the youngest here before you came along. That’s why he’s only 6 years older than you but by then, he already has a mind of a full-grown adult.” Then I look at Sunny.

“Wait, if Kiseop is the youngest, how much older than me are you Sunny?” she hesitates by scratching her head.

“10? No, 11.” she admits.

“But you look nothing like that.” I say curiously.

“Thanks.” she says proud of herself.

“Now that we’ve got all this cleared up, we need to leave these two lovebirds alone now.” Kevin teases. I felt myself blush as everyone else files up and leaves my room, closing the door behind them,leaving me and Kiseop alone. Kiseop sits down next to me on my bed and I dare to look into his blood red eyes. Mesmerized, I gradually close my eyes and lean in for a kiss that I wish would last forever. When we peel off of our lingering kiss, he whispers in my ear,

“Until destiny does us part, I will love you forever and always.”