IX

Learning To Dance

Sungmin sat bolt upright on the bed, when a jolt of fear raced through his system. But it wasn't his, because really, what was there to be scared of in your boyfriend's empty bedroom? He panicked for a moment, before... Kyuhyun. Sungmin didn't really question his sudden ability to feel Kyuhyun's feelings and simply put it down to Yōsei magic (creepy as it was), before leaping off the bed and wrenching the door open.

Taking the stairs two at a time, Sungmin came to a skidding halt behind a rigid Kyuhyun and instincitvely wound his arms around the slim waist protectively. He didn't need a mirror to know his green eyes were glowing with an unearthly light and it unnerved the tall man in front of them. It didn't phase Kyuhyun anymore (he won't admit it turns him on now), because it happened whenever Sungmin was in a playful mood or angry at something.

And right now, the fact that Kyuhyun was borderline terrified of the man before them, made Sungmin very angry.

The tall man cleared his throat, "Hello. I'm Ch-"

"I don't care who you are," Sungmin spat viciously, "I want you out of this ing house and out of my sight. Now."

Ahra tried and failed to stop the smug look taking over her face, but Kyuhyun only pulled Sungmin in front of him and buried his face into the soft blonde hair. Although his anger at Kyuhyun's fright had eased somewhat, Sungmin could still feel something terribly off about the tall man before him and as if confirming his suspicions, the man's eyes changed from their dark brown to a bright icy blue.

"Now now," he taunted, "That's no way to speak to an old friend of your lover."

As the tall man reached out to Kyuhyun's pale cheek, Sungmin snarled menacingly and shoved the brunette further behind him, dragging Ahra by her wrist to follow, "Don't touch him." He snapped, eyes getting darker but the glow brightening. The taller man bristled and hissed, "Cho Kyuhyun is mine, little faerie. Get out of my way." Growling threateningly, Sungmin lunged forward, snapping his teeth as he tried to get a bite on the other man, "Keep away from him, you Hinoenma. Kyuhyun will never be yours."

Kyuhyun cried out as Sungmin was sent crashing to the floor, angry and bleeding marks marring his perfect cheek. He fell forward, picking up Sungmin's limp body and cradling it to his chest. The force of the impact had knocked the blonde out cold. He barely registered Ahra literally kicking Siwon out of the house and locking the door behind him, ignoring the loud banging on the other side of the wood. "Get him upstairs." Ahra instructed, disappearing to the bathroom to retrieve the first aid kit and a washcloth.

Without much difficulty, Kyuhyun lifted Sungmin in his arms (Was he always this light?) and carefully navigated his way up the staircase and into his bedroom. Ahra appeared behind him, as Kyuhyun placed Sungmin down on the bed gently and grabbed the disinfectant, before getting to work on cleaning up the bloody mess on Sungmin's once flawless face. Kyuhyun could feel the bile rising as Ahra meticulously dabbed at the gouges; Siwon hadn't just slapped Sungmin, he'd clawed him and as the blood cleared, the siblings could see how deep the marks really were.

Slight twitches of Sungmin's brows indicated his response to the cool washcloth cleaning his cheeks and Kyuhyun felt his heart squeeze, seeing his mate with such marks marring his perfect skin. Applying some ointment to the scratches, Ahra stood up and packed up the first aid kit, patting Kyuhyun's shoulder as she left the room. As soon as the door shut behind her, Sungmin's eyes fluttered and green focused on obsidian. "Min!" Kyuhyun yelped, grabbing the reaching hand and holding it tightly.

"Kyu," the blonde whimpered, "Hurts." Kyuhyun Sungmin's hair gently, "I know Min, he hit you pretty hard." Sungmin sat up slowly, squeezing his eyes closed as a throbbing pain assaulted his head. He looked to the mirror and scowled as he spotted the angry lines on his pale skin. He turned back to Kyuhyun, tugging on the brunet's sleeve gently, "Make it better." Kyuhyun looked at him in disbelief, "How am I meant to do that?" Sungmin pouted and rolled hid eyes as if it were the most obvious thing ever.

"Kiss."

Kyuhyun's eyes nearly popped out of his head, "What?" Sungmin glared at him - offended - and Kyuhyun sighed before giving in, pressing his lips against the wounds gently. Pulling back, Kyuhyun barely caught Sungmin's sigh of relief; focused on the rapidly healing marks on his cheek. They scabbed and scarred, all within two minutes and soon enough, Sungmin clapped his hands and sang, "All better~" Kyuhyun couldn't believe his eyes, as they stared at the now healed wounds, struggling to find an explanation for the rapid recovery.

As Sungmin happily declared his state of well being once more, Kyuhyun could do nothing but sigh and put it down to strange Yōsei magic.
 



The next morning, Kyuhyun was moodily attacking his breakfast, as his mind replayed the strange things that happened the night before. When he'd told Ahra about the newly healed scars, she'd merely shrugged and put it down to magic, because really, Sungmin was always a weird one to begin with. He'd growled at her for making fun of his boyfriend but she'd laughed and told him to stop getting his knickers in a twist.

Her joking attitude changed the moment Sungmin stepped into the kitchen, with Sungjin not far behind. Seeing the scars for herself, Ahra started to think that perhaps Sungmin wasn't just a normal Yōsei after all. Sungjin wailed as Ahra lightly traced the marks on his brother's cheeks and clung to him like a child to their mother. "Sungjin!" Sungmin scolded lightly, almost toppling over as the teen latched onto him, "You're bloody seventeen! Not five!"

The teenager sulked, falling into a chair beside Kyuhyun and whining when the latter ruffled his hair affectionately. As Ahra dished up breakfast for the brothers, she turned to Sungmin, "I forgot to ask you," he hummed in reply, "What did you call Siwon yesterday?" Sungmin looked up, "Who?" "The man that hit you." Sungmin's eyes narrowed as he recalled the sickening bastard, "He's a Hinoenma." Ahra, Kyuhyun and Sungjin all gave him questioning looks.

"A Hinoenma is a succubus of Japanese legend. Very rarely are there male Hinoenma - only 1 in every 4 million - but like male Yōsei, they're much more vicious and hard to handle." He took a moment to let the information sink in before continuing, "Hinoenma are renound for the life out of their victims by either drawing their energy or their blood. Usually the female Hinoenma are satisfied with drawing energy from their victims, but reported male Hinoenma have a fondness for blood."

"So basically what you're saying is that, if Siwon had gotten to me, I would be dead."

Kyuhyun couldn't stop the shiver of fright that tingled down his spine, when Sungmin nodded. "But why me?" He asked, dark eyes staring into green. "Because Hinoenma are notoriously picky, especially rich bastards like him. Their targets are usually good looking, wealthy, past lovers or all three." Kyuhyun paled slightly and Ahra dropped the plate she was holding, the shattered shards bouncing across the floor.

"I went out with him in high school." Kyuhyun whispered, "I'm his target." Sungmin made a small noise of disgust as he sniffed the air, "How many times did you two ?" Sungjin cried out, bolting up and running out of the kitchen with his hands over his ears. "Three times." Kyuhyun said cautiously, "Why?" Sungmin said nothing but nodded to himself, "That's why the scent's so strong."

Kyuhyun slammed his hands down on the table, ignoring Ahra's disapproving glare and pleaded, "What are you talking about? Tell me!" Sungmin stood up and rounded the table, pressing a soft kiss onto Kyuhyun's trembling lips, "His scent on you is strong, even after all these years. That's how he found you. Every time you had , he marked you. Now, we need to cover his scent and replace it with mine."

Kyuhyun tilted his head, "I don't understand."

"Hinoenma don't touch what isn't their's. If he can no longer find his scent on you, he'll leave you alone." Sungmin said, dropping his head to rest on Kyuhyun's shoulder weakly. The blonde could feel the brunet's hesitance and pleaded softly, "Please Kyu... If I lose you, I'll die too."

Neither of them noticed Ahra slip out of the kitchen, as they engaged in a fierce lip lock.
 




I'M SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IN I DON'T KNOW HOW LONG.

I've been trying to work out my schooling and ish and it's just getting on top of me and blah.

Anyways I hope you guys liked this chapter and I'll try to get the next one out as soon as possible.

xoxo Raine